Rumor: 2015 World Championships

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Price will more than likely decline, whats the incentive for him to go? He's pretty much a lock on the world cup team.

Exact same reason with Phil Kessel. He doesn't need to go to prove anything. The World Championships is one of the most unimportant IIHF tournaments now. If Phil doesn't want to go, who the **** cares. Some of you make a big deal out of nonsense, this World Championship isn't going to change the season he just had.

My suggestion of Price is in the hopes they get knocked out in round one. I don't care what he does after that.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
i understand somewhat why Kessel declined but JVR and Rielly should go to worlds if they are healthy enough to.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
This is looking like one of the best WJC teams we've had in a very long time. Crosby will have something to prove with the Pens recent playoff struggles for sure.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
If St. Louis gets eliminated I wonder if Petro/Jaybo will go

JayBo hasn't looked 100% this season. I doubt he goes.

Pietrangelo might.

I also saw a tweet not to long ago that said that Connor McDavid has confirmed that he will play in the next 2 World Championships because they expect Edmonton to be out of the playoffs. haha

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
Wow Crosby is going.

I wonder what Reilly is doing, still no word.

First game is Friday.

i know rielly was in vancouver 4 days ago cause he posted a picture of his dog on instagram but i have no clue if he has declined his invite cause of minor injury or if he is going .

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
if he is able to go i think he will but during the locker clean out reporters said he was dealing with a minor injury .

I have to think he is the only Leafs player on our team that was invited to play this year. On paper at least, it looks much stronger than last year. Crosby, Duchene, and Giroux is very solid. It would be nice to see Rielly there.

BTW welcome to the Leafs board. Haven't seen you post here.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
I have to think he is the only Leafs player on our team that was invited to play this year. On paper at least, it looks much stronger than last year. Crosby, Duchene, and Giroux is very solid. It would be nice to see Rielly there.

BTW welcome to the Leafs board. Haven't seen you post here.

hopefully he can go and thanks i have posted in a thread about morgan and this thread before. I am Pretty Sure Bernier was invited but Declined so only Rielly and Bernier were offically invited.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
hopefully he can go and thanks i have posted in a thread about morgan and this thread before. I am Pretty Sure Bernier was invited but Declined so only Rielly and Bernier were offically invited.

Bernier declined. He's a Goalie. Probably no other Leaf other then Rielly. The defence can use some boosting.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Canada wins Gold then Crosby becomes a member of the Triple Gold club. Stanley Cup, Olympic Gold, and World Championship.

I have to hand it to Crosby. Good for him to take this on. Like him more for this. Wear the flag, he probably saw Duchene and Giroux as his #2 and $3 Centers and said, yeah we have a shot this year. Good for him. Seguin can play wing. Or maybe Giroux on the wing to Crosby. WIll be fun to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad