Speculation: 2015 Trade Deadline Thread II (Deadline: 3/2 3PM EST)

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Again, the issue is that Wisniewski is a worse player at literally everything besides fighting and physical play compared to those 2. And 15-20 more defenseman that you guys wont come to terms with.

Again, not saying he should have brought back the same in return. He should have brought something slightly less - this trade isn't even close to those two. It should be a tier below, not three tiers below.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
How come Columbus never gets a "hometown discount"?!?

Because so far there has never been a reason to stay here. During the Maclean and Howson years there was no evidence that we were building to anything and no accomplishments to attract players. Also, since this isn't canada it isn't any players hometown.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Because so far there has never been a reason to stay here. During the Maclean and Howson years there was no evidence that we were building to anything and no accomplishments to attract players. Also, since this isn't canada it isn't any players hometown.

You're being too literal. That's not what hometown discount means. :laugh:
Your first point though is well taken.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
How come Columbus never gets a "hometown discount"?!?

Because the guys who would consider Columbus their "hometown" are at a point in their young careers where they need to be making as much as possible. The older guys who want to stay a la Gaborik, Wisniewski, Prospal, and Mackenzie get the boot.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
sounds like Anisimov was almost traded. Might see this re-visited this summer.

Rod Francis @InRodWeTrustMTL · 1h 1 hour ago
Pierre McGuire "I heard suggestions the #Habs and Columbus were working on a major deal involving Anisimov"

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I really don't think highly of Eller, and I think it's safe to assume he'd be coming back. Hope this doesn't happen.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Because the guys who would consider Columbus their "hometown" are at a point in their young careers where they need to be making as much as possible. The older guys who want to stay a la Gaborik, Wisniewski, Prospal, and Mackenzie get the boot.

Gaborik wanted to stay? I had no idea.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

The funny thing is guys love living here, but they don't want to give the "hometown discount".

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
sounds like Anisimov was almost traded. Might see this re-visited this summer.

Rod Francis @InRodWeTrustMTL · 1h 1 hour ago
Pierre McGuire "I heard suggestions the #Habs and Columbus were working on a major deal involving Anisimov"

Anisimov is the odd man out. I just can't imagine we keep him too with all of the forwards we have signed for next 3+ years.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Jarmo drafted Eller while with the Blues, at the draft here I believe. Wouldn't surprise me if he tried to get someone he drafted...it's not like he can get Tarasenko

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
He didn't. It was either trade him or he was leaving in FA.

Not true. I can't find the article as I am on my phone but Gaborik's camp repeatedly approached the CBJ regarding an extension and was rebuffed, being told that they wanted to see him take more of a leadership role and put in more effort. Not saying he would have taken a discount, but he would have re-signed if offered. It was the CBJ who didn't want him back. It was either trade him or let him leave via free agency.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
How I view the lineup now:

Forwards:
Foligno - Johansen - XXX
Hartnell - Wennberg / Anisimov - Jenner
Calvert - Dubinsky - Atkinson
Clarkson - Letestu - Dano
Morin

XXX means I think we need a top line winger. We need to acquire someone on Johansen's level as I feel there's a significant gap between him and the rest of the team and he needs someone to help shoulder the load. If we somehow win the lottery I think McDavid could slot in there (or somewhere else and we could bump someone up like Jenner). If neither of those two happen, we'll need to bump Right Wingers up one.

I want Tropp in the AHL. I want Boll to take over Mike Todd's position. I think Wennberg and Anisimov are in contention for the 2nd line spot. If Wennberg is better, trade Anisimov. If Anisimov is better, I want Wennberg on the top line in Springfield. If both are too good, we can bump someone up or down. I also think Rychel and Bjorkstrand need a year (or another in Rychel's case) in Springfield.

Defense:
Johnson - Savard
Murray - Connauton
Tyutin - Goloubef/Reilly/Prout

This is where the team needs the biggest change. Johnson and Savard are not a quality top pairing. Ideally they'd be our second pairing. Also, we are extremely weak on the right side and I'd prefer to acquire either a top pairing RH defensemen or a 2nd pairing RH defensemen.

Don't promote any of the youngsters as we'd have enough youngsters in the lineup already. Keep them down in Springfield.

Goalie:

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

This is pretty self explanatory. Hopefully Bob can stay healthy. Let Forsberg and Dansk continue to develop. If Korpisalo or Elvis really need time in the AHL, have them duke it out with Dansk.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Put Clarkson in that XXX slot because that is how it is going to be.

Frankly I think the biggest hole in that line up is Wennberg who has in no way shone that he is anything more than a 3rd line center at best. I don't care how well he "sees" the game.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
CBJ trades are individual threads.... is this a NHL thread or CBJ only????

Whatever, the Sabres have traded Myers, Stafford, Stewart and Michal Neuvirth.... Teddy Nolan is in goal the next game.... lol

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
CBJ trades are individual threads.... is this a NHL thread or CBJ only????

Whatever, the Sabres have traded Myers, Stafford, Stewart and Michal Neuvirth.... Teddy Nolan is in goal the next game.... lol

Do they have to advertise the games as Rochester Americans games to comply with truth in advertising laws? :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad