Speculation: 2015 Trade Deadline Thread II (Deadline: 3/2 3PM EST)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
From previous thread:

Ought to be considering this right now the way we're playing.

Injured? Sure we are..

But the lackluster play of the past two games goes way beyond injuries...coaching staff needs to do better getting us prepared and ready to finish on the strong note SOME people are WISHING for.

That's the thing I was talking about in the "psyche thread". I think reality has set in.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I think it is time to look at the coaching staff. It has been a while since I saw anything impressive in any aspect of the coaching this year.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I have a feeling Cam will be traded today... nothing to base it on, just a gut feel...there's something brewing IMO, ppl were way too tight lipped last night than usual

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
From previous thread:

That's the thing I was talking about in the "psyche thread". I think reality has set in.

Sure looks like it has but, this is where TR needs to show his worth and keep them motivated to not be an embarrassment like they've been the past two games. :shakehead

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Cam may be traded. Not sure how much we will get for him beyond a pick or two.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I have a feeling Cam will be traded today... nothing to base it on, just a gut feel...there's something brewing IMO, ppl were way too tight lipped last night than usual

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 4m4 minutes ago

Blackhawks working hard to get a deal done today. We shall see.
0 replies 82 retweets 33 favorites

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
What about CMac? The Canucks are fighting for a playoff spot and lost Miller for 6 weeks. Are they comfortable with Lack and Markstrom during the playoff push?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
After losing Kane the Hawks would be surrendering if they trade Sharp. And if they are surrendering, why would they need Cam?

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
If JK sells Anisimov Calvert and Atkinson are we not trying to make the playoffs for like the next 3 years.. I thought we were trying to win now

What gave you that idea? The FO was very clear from the beginning that building the team was going to take years and that they weren't going to take short cuts. I think the team's competitiveness the last two years was a big surprise, but it hasn't changed their original strategy. I think the planned window for this team is still 2-3 years away.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
After losing Kane the Hawks would be surrendering if they trade Sharp. And if they are surrendering, why would they need Cam?

They're not selling Sharp in season. I think fro and CBJ66 were just messing around.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
If JK sells Anisimov Calvert and Atkinson are we not trying to make the playoffs for like the next 3 years.. I thought we were trying to win now

I'm sorry but these three are replaceable. They are not franchise cornerstones. It would not set us back if they left via trade. These types of comments on this board are histrionic.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
While I'm not opposed to Sharp, I do worry about giving up too much for him. He's 33, his production has dipped this year (due to injury most likely) and adding another big tough to move contract may not be the best thing for our cap or salary structure.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
While I'm not opposed to Sharp, I do worry about giving up too much for him. He's 33, his production has dipped this year (due to injury most likely) and adding another big tough to move contract may not be the best thing for our cap or salary structure.

Well it seems to be exactly what we like to do :sarcasm:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

he has 2 more years left at 5.9...lets the kids ferment in springfield until ready and we're not rushing anyone... win/win in my book

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
I'm sorry but these three are replaceable. They are not franchise cornerstones. It would not set us back if they left via trade. These types of comments on this board are histrionic.
Who's going to replace them? Are they replaceable, absolutely, everyone is, but you actually have to have a replacement and right now there's nothing in the pipeline and there's really not much in the UFA market. Even if there was, that doesnt mean they'd be coming here anyways

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011

I agree on Calvert and Atkinson, but I've really flip-flopped on Anisimov. The guy is incredibly important to this team. While he may not be a permanent fixture on the team given cap issues and prospect development, he is a great two way center and makes our center depth one of the few strengths of this team.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I agree on Calvert and Atkinson, but I've really flip-flopped on Anisimov. The guy is incredibly important to this team. While he may not be a permanent fixture on the team given cap issues and prospect development, he is a great two way center and makes our center depth one of the few strengths of this team.

He plays his role decent but, drives me crazy watching him play. The guy is afraid to even hit/touch anybody in the slighest. At the game last night it was almost comical the way he skated away from any contact no matter where he was on the ice.

Now if he played like he did in OT against the Rangers last Sunday every game, I could accept him - but he doesn't - so I'll continue to be frustrated .. lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad