Speculation: 2015 Trade Deadline Thread II (Deadline: 3/2 3PM EST)

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Disappointing return at first blush. I was hoping for a 1st + for Wiz, but I guess given the way he structured his list a 2nd and good prospect is all they could get. Regardless our defense is worse for the near future after this trade.

Hopefully someone can step up, or maybe we can sign Mike Green if the offseason?:sarcasm:

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Disappointing return at first blush. I was hoping for a 1st + for Wiz, but I guess given the way he structured his list a 2nd and good prospect is all they could get.

So why trade him then?

Terrible .... wasn't the price supposed to be high?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So what else is in the offing for the blue line?

There is obviously a ton of re-work to be done this summer. No way the D playing as poorly as they did is all on Wisniewski. I'm guessing at least 2-3 other new players need to be brought in to continue the overhaul before next season.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011

There is obviously a ton of re-work to be done this summer. No way the D playing as poorly as they did is all on Wisniewski. I'm guessing at least 2-3 other new players need to be brought in to continue the overhaul before next season.

My thoughts as well. I think we will be seeing some prospects and roster players moved in the offseason for Defense as well as attempts to sign one or more UFAs.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

He certainly was a major contributor, but I think there's more than meets the eye here. Something with the locker room dynamic? (Admittedly just spitballing here).
As it stands, this was simply a salary dump. I'd be surprised if either Falk or Bourque suit up for us next season unless it was a two-way deal.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 28s29 seconds ago

Jarmo says negotiations with Mark Letestu will continue: "We like Mark (Letestu) a lot and we'll continue the dialogue." #CBJ

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Jarmo says negotiations with Mark Letestu will continue: "We like Mark (Letestu) a lot and we'll continue the dialogue." #CBJ

or as Viqsi would say "You can never have too many centers"

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He certainly was a major contributor, but I think there's more than meets the eye here. Something with the locker room dynamic? (Admittedly just spitballing here).
As it stands, this was simply a salary dump. I'd be surprised if either Falk or Bourque suit up for us next season unless it was a two-way deal.

Bourque still has another year on his deal according to NHLNUMBERS if that is accurate so he's not an expiring dump contract unfortunately.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Problem is he is signed at either 2.5 or 3.3 mill, Sam posted 2.5 sportrac said 3.3 cap hit. Either way tough to move that - he just passed thru waivers.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If NHLNUMBERS is correct, CBJ have just over 62 million committed for 14 forwards, 6 D, and 1 Goalie for next season.

That is before signing Letestu and/or Calvert. Some forwards will have to move to fix the D and have some sort of backup goalie. They flat out have too many forwards under contract right now and there are 4 D upcoming on RFA status after 15/16 season

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

So, are we going to trade all of our young forwards?

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
This off-season will be very telling.

If Management somehow thinks the team can win and just tinkers with the lineup (adding a dman or two) or if they think it's best to trade off more vets to get to the bottom.

My guess is the franchise is scared to do the right thing and blow it up and will tinker. And we'll get to do this all again for the next 3-4 years.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This off-season will be very telling.

If Management somehow thinks the team can win and just tinkers with the lineup (adding a dman or two) or if they think it's best to trade off more vets to get to the bottom.

My guess is the franchise is scared to do the right thing and blow it up and will tinker. And we'll get to do this all again for the next 3-4 years.

If they decide to blow it up go full Buffalo or don't go at all. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad