Speculation: 2015 Trade Deadline Thread II (Deadline: 3/2 3PM EST)

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Let's not get over dramatic. We may be better with Clarkson than a Horton who never plays. We should give Clarkson a chance. With his willingness to play in front of the net, he could be a real help to us.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
What bothers me more than the Wiz trade in isolation is just how bad Jarmo is at making trades.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Unfortunately after the Horton and wiz trades we are not a better team

Those trades werent made to make a better team this season. They were done for the future. What happens this offseason will be telling like David said.

We got a player who can play (albeit poorly) for 5 mil/season versus one whose sitting on the sidelines doing nothing, and started to reshape the weakest part of our team (the D). If we can reshape the D to play like our offense (in your face, bruising, grinding, make your work for every inch) then i think we're definitely heading in the right direction.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
What bothers me more than the Wiz trade in isolation is just how bad Jarmo is at making trades.

Our belief in Jarmo was the biggest loser of this draft deadline. Let's see what he can do in the offseason to regain his footing.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Our belief in Jarmo was the biggest loser of this draft deadline. Let's see what he can do in the offseason to regain his footing.

No doubt in my mind I'll be reading an article or two tomorrow stating us as the one of the biggest losers from this trade deadline.

Depressing.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Its called addition by subraction. This deal wasnt made for success today, but success over the next two seasons. Opens up roster space and lets the kids compete for the additional ice time for the rest of the season, going into to training camp and the start of next season.

Who knows maybe since Wiz is gone Heatherington, Reilly or Madaisky might train harder knowing there's an empty spot.

Theres a lot of overeating going on right now.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 33s33 seconds ago

Kekalainen: "There were rumors about Artem Anisimov and Cam Atkinson. We weren’t actively shopping them. We were listening to offers."

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Its called addition by subraction. This deal wasnt made for success today, but success over the next two seasons. Opens up roster space and lets the kids compete for the additional ice time for the rest of the season, going into to training camp and the start of next season.

Who knows maybe since Wiz is gone Heatherington, Reilly or Madaisky might train harder knowing there's an empty spot.

Had we got decent return I'd say 3/4 of us wouldn't be that upset at all... but instead we didn't get their top prospect or a 1st... :rant:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Look at what Sekera got. Look at the haul Yandle brought back. Jarmo is clueless or traded for the sake of trading. Dumb.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Look at what Sekera got. Look at the haul Yandle brought back. Jarmo is clueless or traded for the sake of trading. Dumb.

Wiz is no Yandle ill agree with Bus on that one. Neither is he anything close to Sekera defensively. Wiz had his career year last season at the age of 30. He wasnt going to top that on our roster anytime soon. I have a feeling they want to toughen up our defense, which wiz doesnt help.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Wiz is no Yandle ill agree with Bus on that one. Neither is he anything close to Sekera defensively. Wiz had his career year last season at the age of 30. He wasnt going to top that on our roster anytime soon. I have a feeling they want to toughen up our defense, which wiz doesnt help.

That's why he should bring something slightly less than those two. This isn't even close. He's not a rental - two more years and he comes on the cheap! Jarmo lost this trade by a mile.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Waiting for the "Fire Jarmo" thread....

It doesn't need its own thread. This garbage trade. Failing to insure $32+ million of Horton's contract (years 2-7). Picking up Clarkson willingly. Selling off Gaborik at last year's deadline. This dude can draft. The end. And even then...Wennberg is trying to set some kind of +/- record for rookies. He *should* be good but we'll see. Outside of flipping Mason for Leighton and a pick, and Umberger and a 4th for Hartnell...not overly impressed. Disappointed more than anything.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

I'm more of a fan of addition by adding.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Waiting for the "Fire Jarmo" thread....

I think he is "done", had 3 years for retooling, without cap limitations. Not North American vision. Next season with new GM and HC ( sure, no changes before draft). Torts will be fine for this " modified " roster. Bourque, Clarkson, Boll, Dubi, Foligno, Boone and mediocre defence - ideal material for Tortorella :laugh::laugh:

WashedUp

Mar 28, 2014
I think he is "done", had 3 years for retooling, without cap limitations. Not North American vision. Next season with new GM and HC ( sure, no changes before draft). Torts will be fine for this " modified " roster. Bourque, Clarkson, Boll, Dubi, Foligno, Boone and mediocre defence - ideal material for Tortorella :laugh::laugh:

Wishful thinking, nothing will happen though......bad and mediocre trades will continue.

thebus2288*

They also liked Wiz and we know how that turned out.

Did they? Or was it just the "unwashed masses" in here?

So was the Horton contract debacle that bad that it affected our ability to win in the near future?

No, what affected our ability to win, is the combo of Wiz's bad contract and the "debacle" that is Wiz attempting to skate backwards or play... defense. Ya know, the position he "plays".

Unfortunately after the Horton and wiz trades we are not a better team

Yes we are. How is it that if we traded AA, Cam, or Letestu(good players) it would've been perfectly fine? People would've claimed we were now "better" somehow. But now we trade a **** terrible player and its REBUILD TIME!!

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 33s33 seconds ago

Kekalainen: "There were rumors about Artem Anisimov and Cam Atkinson. We weren’t actively shopping them. We were listening to offers."

Maybe they DO know what direction they are going in, eh?

Again, the issue is that Wisniewski is a worse player at literally everything besides fighting and physical play compared to those 2. And 15-20 more defenseman that you guys wont come to terms with.

You guys will be ok. :nod: What's going on now is like finding out your wife/gf is cheating on you so you break up with her. Then you feel "sad" or upset, or even wrong, for making the right decision. For now, and for the future. :teach2:

thebus2288*

This. Get the brownies baked son we partying tonight!!

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany

Feels like a salary dump to me with no plan for the future other than looking forward to draft picks and untested minor leaguers.

Jarmo succeeds if he can:

1) find that D-man in free agency (This isn't Ryan Murray and we have little likelihood he'll be homegrown, Can he sign O'Reilly to an ELC??)
2) Rychel, Milanno,.... Step up and turn out to be superstars. I doubt this happens as most elite talent forces it's way into the NHL fairly quickly.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

Jarmo hired on Feb. 13, 2013.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

That has been Jarmo's and the CBJ's mantra for far too long. And we keep getting worse.

Here is a novel idea: let's sell high on some of our futures for guys who won't spend the season on IR or in the minors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad