2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
if we can get crouse it's a double homerun. i'm going to pretend it's not a possibility though so no dissapoint.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
What are we at present.. #6 overall?

It's a draft lottery so if we finished 24th we would most likely draft 7th, with a %6.5 chance of winning first pick.

If we finish 25th it's roughly %7.5 chance or somehow finished 28th , roughly a %10 chance.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Karlsson, Ryan, Turris, MacArthur & Zibanejad.

Karlsson is a defenceman. So yeah he's usually on the perimeter in the offensive zone

Ryan is anything but a perimeter player... First goal yesterday was scored because he went to the net. And he score the second
goal from inside the crease so..

MacArthur has no dangles. He's always in the dirty areas.

Turris takes a ton of physical abuse and is always in the trenches. He's a two way center

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Karlsson is a defenceman. So yeah he's usually on the perimeter in the offensive zone

Ryan is anything but a perimeter player... First goal yesterday was scored because he went to the net. And he score the second
goal from inside the crease so..

MacArthur has no dangles. He's always in the dirty areas.

Turris takes a ton of physical abuse and is always in the trenches. He's a two way center

I agree. I found the Ryan one very odd

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Have no doubt crouse will be a good NHLer. Just isn't what we need IMO. We need a guy capable of doing things on his own. Some guy who can break a game open or get a goal when we get behind. Or kill a game when we are up.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Where does ISS have him ranked? Or Bob Mckenzie, and the 10 scouts that are currently employed with NHL teams that compiled TSN's rankings.

The fact that your citing Craig's List, is laughable.

You alluded to the fact that no professionals had him ranked as low as some of the posters who don't think he is a top 5 pick. I pointed out how wrong you were with a few examples, and then, followed that with sarcasm at the rationale you used re professionals. Which you missed, evidently. You then followed that up with another demonstration of ignorance. You are really on a roll. Bravo.

Last edited:

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Have no doubt crouse will be a good NHLer. Just isn't what we need IMO. We need a guy capable of doing things on his own. Some guy who can break a game open or get a goal when we get behind. Or kill a game when we are up.

Crouse is mad overrated

Would be disappointing if we select him with a top 10 pick. If anyone drafts him top 5 overall, they will be very disappointed.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
You alluded to the fact that no professionals had him ranked as low as some of the posters who don't think he is a top 5 pick. I pointed out how wrong you were with a few examples, and then, followed that with sarcasm at the rationale you used re professionals. Which you missed, evidently. You then followed that up with another demonstration of ignorance. You are really on a roll. Bravo.

Lol.

I dare you to try and find a post where I said to take Crouse top 5.

I didn't allude to anything. I pointed out the facts. A majority of scouts have him ranked top 10, fact.

There's a reason for it, even if you don't see it.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

I think he's a guy we need. Can easily be argued we need strome more. But I don't see how that happens at all.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think he's a guy we need. Can easily be argued we need strome more. But I don't see how that happens at all.

Well if management believes that zib and Turris are our top 2 centers going forward then we are definitely going left wing with our pick (or D).
So it's crouse> Zacha/rantanen.
Personally I've been super impressed whenever I've seen Zacha and rantanen play.

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Lol.

I dare you to try and find a post where I said to take Crouse top 5.

I didn't allude to anything. I pointed out the facts. A majority of scouts have him ranked top 10, fact.

There's a reason for it, even if you don't see it.

Funny. I don't believe I said you'd take him top 5, any more that I said he wasn't' top 10. The majority of posters are simply saying we should focus on a higher skilled player, namely Strome, Marner or one of the other 2nd tier prospects. I've already said if we took Crouse between 9-15 that I wouldn't have a major issue with it. He'd be a safe, if unspectacular pick.

And I guess your point about all the professionals thinking he was a "stud" and all the poster thinking he wasn't, was probably the kind of empty and bland statement that should have been ignored. Why you're hell bent if some people have him ranked 5-10 spots different than someone else is beyond me. If you saw an actual draft ranking from an NHL team list, you would probably lose your mind with how different they are.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Funny. I don't believe I said you'd take him top 5, any more that I said he wasn't' top 10. The majority of posters are simply saying we should focus on a higher skilled player, namely Strome, Marner or one of the other 2nd tier prospects. I've already said if we took Crouse between 9-15 that I wouldn't have a major issue with it. He'd be a safe, if unspectacular pick.

And I guess your point about all the professionals thinking he was a "stud" and all the poster thinking he wasn't, was probably the kind of empty and bland statement that should have been ignored. Why you're hell bent if some people have him ranked 5-10 spots different than someone else is beyond me. If you saw an actual draft ranking from an NHL team list, you would probably lose your mind with how different they are.

I dont think Crouse is a safe pick. You're almost going to have to completely ignore what he is atm and predict what he will be in the future. Most players you can at least back up with what they'll become based on what they already are. Crouse isnt an elite OHL player but you're hoping he becomes an elite NHL player.

If you mean safe in the sense that he'll crack the NHL probably as a 4th liner no matter what when guys like konecny could outright bust then i agree.

Karlsson2Turris*

Crouse is mad overrated

Would be disappointing if we select him with a top 10 pick. If anyone drafts him top 5 overall, they will be very disappointed.

This. Even if he turns out to be the next Lucic, why would you take him over potential franchise defenceman/forwards.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I want Barzal or Provorov. Zacha sounds impressive

i like Zacha as well, i only watched one of his games. i saw him cheating the break out twice and it not working out but i also saw him make some nice pass plays and create separation from defenders with speed.

he has huge potential, you can see it in his game compared to other players on the ice, but something about him left me wanting more from him.

He seems to have 1C potential but probably would need to play another year in junior again for sure. he reminds me a lot of the Zibanejad pick to be honest.

i would be really happy getting Zacha.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
If we end up with a top 10 pick and take a guy who is bigger than 97% of his league and still can't be a top 5 scorer on his OWN TEAM (Crouse), I will lose it.

The comparisons to Lucic and Neal are ridiculous. Crouse has nothing like Lucic's meanness and nothing like Neal's touch.

I really would like to hear why ANYONE thinks Crouse is a top 10 talent in this draft. He is big but nothing crazy. He is a decent skater by NHL standards (at best), but won't separate himself from ANY NHL defender. He has marginal hands right now; he won't dangle even an AHL defender as it stands. He has next to no vision (from what I've seen); his assist total speaks to that. He doesn't seem to be able to snipe from distance. I just don't get it. From what I've seen and read he doesn't seem to be notable for his defensive work either.

What am I missing?

This guy seems like a typical late 1st rounder who either plays on the third line or breaks out and becomes a 2nd liner.

Pass if we pick in the top 10.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
If we end up with a top 10 pick and take a guy who is bigger than 97% of his league and still can't be a top 5 scorer on his OWN TEAM (Crouse), I will lose it.

The comparisons to Lucic and Neal are ridiculous. Crouse has nothing like Lucic's meanness and nothing like Neal's touch.

I really would like to hear why ANYONE thinks Crouse is a top 10 talent in this draft. He is big but nothing crazy. He is a decent skater by NHL standards (at best), but won't separate himself from ANY NHL defender. He has marginal hands right now; he won't dangle even an AHL defender as it stands. He has next to no vision (from what I've seen); his assist total speaks to that. He doesn't seem to be able to snipe from distance. I just don't get it. From what I've seen and read he doesn't seem to be notable for his defensive work either.

What am I missing?

This guy seems like a typical late 1st rounder who either plays on the third line or breaks out and becomes a 2nd liner.

Pass if we pick in the top 10.

I'll go ahead and say the scouts have seen him play live while you haven't.....

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well if management believes that zib and Turris are our top 2 centers going forward then we are definitely going left wing with our pick (or D).
So it's crouse> Zacha/rantanen.
Personally I've been super impressed whenever I've seen Zacha and rantanen play.

Management doesn't think Turris and Zibby are our top-2 centers, I'm sure of it.

If they still somehow do, well, they're in for mucho disappointment.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
I would love to get one of the QMJHL defensemen. It would be amazing if one of Chabot, Zboril, Meloche, or Roy was available with one of our 2nd's. Roy and Chabot are a bit of a longshot, but I really like Chabot. Reminds me of Despres.

A lot of good defenseman will be available with our 2nds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad