2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
67s - best jersey in hockey

I definitely wouldn't mind spending a 3rd round pick on that 67s goalie. Kid has game.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
Theres a really solid chance he doesn't even get drafted. Almost every scouting report has him in the 7th round or later (ie undrafted)

Jeremiah Addison is the other 67 in the draft Id love to get (other then Konecny obviously.) Addison is a big physical player who's just scratching the surface of his abilities.

Wow. I didn't realized he was so undervalued, if we can get him with a 7th round pick I'd consider that a steal.

Agree about Addison.

BigBush*

Remi Elie is a guy I've been really impressed with when I watch him. I wonder if his name ever came up instead of Paul during the Spezza trade

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Konecny's size is an issue because of his style of play. He's a very cerebral play, and he doesn't have that explosive speed that you see with many small players.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Konecny's size is an issue because of his style of play. He's a very cerebral play, and he doesn't have that explosive speed that you see with many small players.

ummm what. If there is one thing that Konecny does have, it's explosive skating.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014

Keep in mind that this is the third game he's played in three nights and that he plays a large amount of minutes per game. Usually his explosiveness is more obvious, for example if you watch either of his past two games he was constantly blowing by the opposition.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Was at the game. McDavid drew my attention every time he stepped on the ice. So much speed what a treat to watch! Baptiste was good, Strome decent, Konecny tried to do too much and seemed like his size held him back a little. Overall good plays this afternoon and the Otters are just 3 good lines that can roll over teams.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
His speed is one of his strengths.

I just see him making the thinking play more often than the instinct play. Could be because it's his third game in as many nights but I've seen it in other games too. He will stop moving his feet and try to find the play. Maybe he just doesn't know how to use the speed yet. I dono. Just an observation. Could just be I always catch him on the wrong nights.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I just see him making the thinking play more often than the instinct play. Could be because it's his third game in as many nights but I've seen it in other games too. He will stop moving his feet and try to find the play. Maybe he just doesn't know how to use the speed yet. I dono. Just an observation. Could just be I always catch him on the wrong nights.

he was one of the most explosive skaters in the top prospects game

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
You must have eaten some bad chicken or something...

You never know! Although I think even if we win we can only move 5 spots but not sure on that.

Salituro would be a great 6th to free agent pickup. Has skill and is a perfect complement to any high end player.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Zibby and Turris are both awesome.......

...but they're not #1 material.

Agree. I think both fall into (unless Zibby takes another big leap) the category of very good #2C's, less than ideal #1C's. It presents an interesting dilema. Do you roll with it and augment the wingers spots to compensate? Do you go **** out for a #1 C and have unreal C depth? Do you move one for a true #1 C?

I don't know that I have the right answer - but I would hate to move either one as I think they can be pieces of a winning team. Zibby taking another step forward next year would be cool. He's already good though.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I love the kid, but it seems every time I watch a 67s game on TV, he gets rocked with a big hit.

I'm not sure if he will survive the NHL....but damn, what a smart, talented kid. Unbelievable hockey IQ.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I love the kid, but it seems every time I watch a 67s game on TV, he gets rocked with a big hit.

I'm not sure if he will survive the NHL....but damn, what a smart, talented kid. Unbelievable hockey IQ.

Thing about small players in the NHL is that they are always moving their feet. Never getting caught in one position. I find (from my few viewings) that konecny isn't like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad