2015 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
With the Sens being projected by many to finish in the bottom of the league this season, I thought it would be a positive to focus on where we might be drafting and showing the top 5 picks in this up coming draft. Some people are not familiar with these players so I hope this helps them out. Try to find positives in the negatives.

connor_mcdavid.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg
[FIELDSET="1 A/B - Connor McDavid"]
Position: Centre
Height: 6'0
Weight: 185 lbs
Shoots: Left
Team|G|A|Pts|PIM|+/-
Erie Otters|||||​
[/FIELDSET]

eichel_jack2.jpg
[FIELDSET="1 A/B - Jack Eichel"]
Height: 6'1
Weight: 190 lbs
Shoots: Right
Team|G|A|Pts|PIM|+/-
Boston University|||||​
[/FIELDSET]

Hanifin_Noah_300.jpg
[FIELDSET="3 - Noah Hanifin"]
Position: Defense
Height: 6'2
Weight: 201 lbs
Team|G|A|Pts|PIM|+/-
Boston College|||||​
[/FIELDSET]

2652.jpg
[FIELDSET="4 - Oliver Kylington"]
Position: Defense
Weight: 181 lbs
Team|G|A|Pts|PIM|+/-
Färjestad|||||​
[/FIELDSET]

White_Colin3_large.jpg
[FIELDSET="5 - Colin White"]
Position: Right Wing / Centre
Weight: 183lbs
Team|G|A|Pts|PIM|+/-
Boston College|||||​
[/FIELDSET]

200px-Original_ottawa_sens_logo.svg.png
Ottawa Senators - Projected 8th over all pick.
[FIELDSET="Kyle Connor"]
Weight: 170lbs
Team|G|A|Pts|PIM|+/-
University of Michigan|||||​
[/FIELDSET]

*I will add info as their seasons progress, I will use mynhldraft.com as a reference to the current scouting positions. If players fall or rise I will replace them. I will also show where Ottawa is projected to finish and the player that is projected to go at that pick.
I welcome suggestions.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I hope we manage to finish high enough to snag a spot in the playoffs, but get lucky enough to snag Konecny. The kid is a bit small, but such amazing talent. If he was 6-feet tall, he'd be talked about in the top 3-4 for the draft.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Interesing to see where we end up picking this year with such a deep draft.

Last edited:

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I wonder how high, if we did finish with the 8th overall pick, our 2nd and the DAL 2nd (assuming its mid-late in the round) would allow us to trade up in the first round? 4th overall? 5th? Depends on the teams and their needs of course, but I wonder.

BigBush*

I'd be more interested in seeing prospected projected to go 10th-18th as the team isn't bad enough to get a top 5 pick (unless they get really lucky)

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I'd be more interested in seeing prospected projected to go 10th-18th as the team isn't bad enough to get a top 5 pick (unless they get really lucky)

As the standings change and the prospect rankings change I will update both as required.

and yes he plays for Erie. I goofed lol.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
So tell me about Hanifin. I thought I read somewhere hes some athletic freak who relies on his speed and agility. Someone EK could mentor into a mini EK. Sounds good to me.

Nets Cash

Aug 12, 2014
With the Sens being projected by many to finish in the bottom of the league this season, I thought it would be a positive to focus on where we might be drafting and showing the top 5 picks in this up coming draft. Some people are not familiar with these players so I hope this helps them out. Try to find positives in the negatives.

connor_mcdavid.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg
[FIELDSET="1 A/B - Connor McDavid"]
Weight: 185 lbs
Team|G|A|Pts|PIM|+/-
Erie Otters|||||​
[/FIELDSET]

eichel_jack2.jpg
[FIELDSET="1 A/B - Jack Eichel"]
Weight: 190 lbs
Team|G|A|Pts|PIM|+/-
Boston University|||||​
[/FIELDSET]

lol at McDavid/Eichel 1a/1b.

Nets Cash

Aug 12, 2014

Connor McDavid IS the clear-cut number one.

Just because the Hockey News hunted down a scout who would say otherwise so they had a reason to write an article doesn't mean that 99% don't prefer McDavid. Most teams have over ten scouts.

As well as to inform, the articles on NHL.com are written with the league's agenda in mind, it benefits them to pump the tires of two superstars rather than one; also, the boldest statement gets the most attention.

No one is picking Eichel #1, it's just not going to happen. There is no argument here.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Just because the Hockey News hunted down a scout who would say otherwise so they had a reason to write an article doesn't mean that 99% don't prefer McDavid. Most teams have over ten scouts.

As well as to inform, the articles on NHL.com are written with the league's agenda in mind, it benefits them to pump the tires of two superstars rather than one; also, the boldest statement gets the most attention.

No one is picking Eichel #1, it's just not going to happen. There is no argument here.

The gap isn't as wide as you think. Eichel clearly outplayed McDavid at the world juniors last year. If he does the same thing this year, there will be a real debate going on between the two.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

4 of 9 scouts at the draft choose Eichel, when asked who they would take. So no, McDavid isn't the clear number 1.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Besides Englund who I like a lot and maybe Perron I felt the Sens punted this draft cause they couldn't even get a 1st for Spezza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad