2015 NHL Entry Draft #4 - June 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Maloney says that his trade targets for either trading down or trading 3OA outright are players more along the lines of Domi and Duclair rather than 27-year-old players. That makes me breathe a little easier.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Maloney offered up a LOT during that Burns/Gambo interview. Some notes I was able to grab:

- Will use the 30th pick to “make us better”
- Can’t comment on Vermette as a UFA (tampering) but “we’ll look at options to make us better”
- Mulling over 3 legitimate offers for 3, had other tire kickers (couple of 1sts) but that’s a far gap from the talent available at 3
- 1 offer to trade down
- 2 offers to trade outright
- Maintains that the best offer will be on the draft floor to see who is serious
- If the outright deals can be tweaked more in the Coyotes favor, more likely it’s done. Deal is a young player that fills a need, center position is a need now. Could certainly use help in the middle. Center HAS to be a part of any deal for 3 outright.
- Not trading 3 for a 26/27 year old (note: that weeds out Couture). Looking at a center in the Domi/OEL age bracket. Our future starts now with Domi, Duclair, OEL, Perlini…
- Very seriously looking at a young player already in the league who can make us better.
- Selling Hanifin as 25min/night D, Strome scores and wins, Marner is the next Kane
- Offers to move down are outside of 5 slot, if we can add picks we’ll look at that
- Could use another premier D or two
- Re: the cap floor: Boedker will get a nice little bump from where he was

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Maloney offered up a LOT during that Burns/Gambo interview. Some notes I was able to grab:

- Will use the 30th pick to “make us better”
- Can’t comment on Vermette as a UFA (tampering) but “we’ll look at options to make us better”
- Mulling over 3 legitimate offers for 3, had other tire kickers (couple of 1sts) but that’s a far gap from the talent available at 3
- 1 offer to trade down
- Maintains that the best offer will be on the draft floor to see who is serious
- If the outright deals can be tweaked more in the Coyotes favor, more likely it’s done. Deal is a young player that fills a need, center position is a need now. Could certainly use help in the middle. Center HAS to be a part of any deal for 3 outright.
- Not trading 3 for a 26/27 year old (note: that weeds out Couture). Looking at a center in the Domi/OEL age bracket. Our future starts now with Domi, Duclair, OEL, Perlini…
- Very seriously looking at a young player already in the league who can make us better.
- Selling Hanifin as 25min/night D, Strome scores and wins, Marner is the next Kane
- Offers to move down are outside of 5 slot, if we can add picks we’ll look at that
- Could use another premier D or two
- Re: the cap floor: Boedker will get a nice little bump from where he was
That's all great stuff, can't say I disagree with any of it really. In regards to trading #3 for a center in the Domi/Duclair type age range, this really makes me think Reinhart or Draisaitl are the targets, especially since Hanifin makes so much sense for both Buffalo and Edmonton. If they have a heart they'll make us a smoking deal since they got McEichel...********!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

- Not trading 3 for a 26/27 year old (note: that weeds out Couture). Looking at a center in the Domi/OEL age bracket.

Wow. These five points specifically are very, very interesting. Who fits the bill?

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
GMDM on Roc & Manuch:

- Been offered some interesting scenarios to trade the pick outright
- To trade down, need a young player to add to our lineup right now
- Maloney did a lot more amateur scouting this yr because knew in December team would be picking Top 5
- Had a discussion with the team’s skating coach about some of the talent available (Strome?)
- Team has not changed its mind on who it wants at 3. Same as 2 weeks ago. John Chayka’s data has matched the Coyotes’ own evaluation of who to take at 3.
- New uniform is “streamlined”
- Freudian slip: Connor McDavid – oops Murphy! – will be at the draft party to showcase the new jersey

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Wow. These five points specifically are very, very interesting. Who fits the bill?
Outside of the league: Draisaitl or Reinhart
Young already in the league: Bennet? Teravainen? :dunno:

I would think Colorado would covet Hanifin but Duchene seems too old for what Maloney described and I can't imagine them trading MacKinnon even with his down year last year.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Morgan's latest article places odds on the Coyotes pick at 3.

Strome - the favorite
Provorov - the darkhouse
Hanifin - even money
Marner - long shot

What's interesting:
- concerns about Strome's lack of top-end speed in a league that's emphasizing speed more and more
- "The Coyotes absolutely love Provorov and there is considerable chatter around the league that this will be their pick"
- Bernhardt: Would Hanifin be put in too tough a situation and stunt his growth by joining a struggling team?
- Marner could drop due to size concerns. One source says Marner looks like quintessential great junior player.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I must say Maloney is doing a masterful job drumming of speculation around the #3 pick and fanning those flames. I mean it was barely a day ago when all the news broke about Marner being their pick. I'm fairly confident at this point no one knows what the hell Maloney might do and I that's a good thing. If you're a team hoping Stromarnifin will fall to you, you're taking a huge gamble!

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
I must say Maloney is doing a masterful job drumming of speculation around the #3 pick and fanning those flames. I mean it was barely a day ago when all the news broke about Marner being their pick. I'm fairly confident at this point no one knows what the hell Maloney might do and I that's a good thing. If you're a team hoping Stromarnifin will fall to you, you're taking a huge gamble!

^^ This, Exactly….

:yo::yo::yo:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If nothing else I'm enjoying the reaction from the fans of teams rumoured to be in on 3.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

I'd certainly hate to play poker against him.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Possibly Portable:

MacKinnon
RyJo
RNH (best bet)
Drouin
Technically Draisaitl, although he didn't play well

Am I missing anyone young and potentially worth 3 straight up? Left off the Calgary boys because it seems unlikely.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm very very intrigued. I really like Strome a lot but I'll almost be disappointed if we don't make a trade now haha.

The two young players have to be draisatl or rienhart right?

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
It's interesting the stressing on skating. Neither Kopitar nor Towes are fantastic skaters, and they have won a bunch of cups as the #1C on their team

I worry that we are overvaluing skating

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
RNH and Gagner wasn't really threatening for the Oilers, why would it work for us. When we play Edmonton, RNH is not a player that worries me. He's had enough time to be more than a 50-55pt type and he hasn't taken that step. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad