Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking to Make a Return This Weekend as per Mods.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Just goes to show you with the previous prospect rankings that it's all just a crapshoot. It's funny how people are so assured of our prospects right now; and they may very well have reasons too, but some people boasted about previous prospects and a vast majority of them turned out to be busts. You just never know. The only ones I have any faith in are Marner and Nylander; they rest are pretty much up in the air for me. It seems better than last year with the addition of Marner and some skill guys; and will certainly be better after next years draft; but as for now (with the except of Nylander and Marner), I'm won't hold my breath for these guys.

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
Your top 4 will likely win their polls pretty easily. It will get interesting after that.
Yeah I agree, it'll be interesting to see what the board thinks. I mean I had to omit guys like Johnson, Finn, Valiev, Loov, Bibeau, Leivo, etc. and a lot of people might have those guys above some of the guys on my list.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Off the top of my head...

Marner
Nylander
Kapanen
Brown
Percy
Harrington
Bracco
Dermott
Gauthier
Lepisic

That's a pretty damned good top 10, even if it's pretty forward heavy. Lots of boom or bust guys beyond that too. Welcome to the Mark Hunter era ladies and gentleman. A few months ago we acquired Lepisic and he was instantly one of our best prospects, now he's borderline top 10.

Agreed. Lots of upside and the potential for top 9 forwards and top 4 defencemen to come out of that group.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
1. Marner
2. Nylander
3. Kapanen
4. Brown
5. Percy
6. Harrington
7. Bracco
8. Dermott
9. Gauthier
10. Leipsic

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
1. Marner
2. Nylander
3. Kapanen
4. Brown
5. Percy
6. Harrington
7. Bracco
8. Dermott
9. Gauthier
10. Leipsic

Not too bad. Pretty interesting year. Beyond the top two, I think there will be a lot of different opinions.

Personally...

1. Marner
2. Nylander
3. Brown
4. Kapanen
5. Bracco
6. Harrington
7. Dermott
8. Percy
9. Hyman
10. Gauthier
11. Valiev
12. Leivo
13. Johnson
14. Leipsic
15. Loov
16. Verhaughe
17. Bibeau
18. Korostelev
19. Granberg
20. Finn or Rupert

guitarist37

Dec 8, 2010
Why people have Bracco over Dermott is beyond me. I like Bracco, glad to have him and think he has good upside, but he was picked later for a reason. If the leafs had him over Dermott, they would have taken him. Dermott has good potential too, and is more likely to reach it.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Why people have Bracco over Dermott is beyond me. I like Bracco, glad to have him and think he has good upside, but he was picked later for a reason. If the leafs had him over Dermott, they would have taken him. Dermott has good potential too, and is more likely to reach it.

Ceiling. Plus, he was consistently ranked higher by scouting agencies. If we're talking in terms of HF grades (which I know are fluent, and mean very little) in a way to quantify it, Dermott is a 7.0C and Bracco is a 8.0D. All my opinion, of course.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Entirely possible that Hunter and co. just figured Dermott would go before Bracco. Just because he was drafted before doesn't mean the value isn't close. And either way, all these lists are personal preference/opinion, it's totally subjective.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Some of this comes from viewing Marlies games, some from youtubes and TV, and some is just good, old fashioned, gut feelings.

1. Marner
2. Nylander
3. Bracco (gut feeling about him)
4. Brown
5. Dermott
6. Kapanen
7. Harrington
8. Gauthier
9. Percy
10. Froese*
11. Leipsic
12. Verhaughe
13. Johnson
14. Loov
15. Timashov

Of course, this list will change dramatically once I can watch the new prospects more closely.

* I think he is officially a prospect now, no? I can see him following P.A. Parenteau's career trajectory.....great AHLer and eventually gets a shot at the NHL in his mid to late 20's with relative success.

iBlaze81

Jan 18, 2010
Marner
Nylander
Brown
Percy
Kapanen
Loov
Dermott
Gauthier
Johnson
Bracco

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Sorta surprised Leipsic isn't higher on most lists. Of course it's all subjective, but I like him more than Harrington, Gauthier, Loov, and probably Brown too. Just me maybe.

Marner
Nylander
Kapanen
Bracco
Dermott
Leipsic
Brown
Percy
Johnson
Harrington.

I don't know, definitely all debatable.

Edit: Casey Bailey and Soshnikov (who most of us probably haven't seen him play) deserve some love too. We've come a long way since having Kenny Ryan, Jesse Blacker, Broll, etc. in our system instead of these potential skill guys.

Last edited:

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
A lot of you guys are overlooking Josh Leivo. He had an odd year last year, some injuries...and the whole Marlies team was a little off until Nylander came in. They seemed to take a bit of a step back last year and before Nylander came in, no one could put the puck in the back of the net.

Either way, his year aside, Leivo is still a very good NHL prospect. He just needs to find more consistency. That's always been his main issue. But once he finds some comfortability in the NHL, he's a 20 goal scorer. I have no doubt.

Everything about him screams NHL...skating, size, grit, play away from the puck. Everything. Some of you who don't even have him in your top 10-15 need to rethink that.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Connor Brown should be no worse than atleast the 5th ranked player on the Leafs. Counting this draft. Other than Nylander he is the only Leafs prospect in HF Boards Future top 50 prospects.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Top 4 should be pretty easy

1. Marner
2. Nylander
3. Kapanen
4. Brown

I'd be surprised if any of those guys don't get 80% of the vote when their poll number comes around

Then it starts getting really muddy.

5. Bracco
6. Percy
7. Harrington
8. Dermott
9. Leipsic
10. Valiev
11. Gauthier
12. Leivo
13. Johnson
14. Loov
15. Bibeau
16. Verhaghe

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Marner, Nylander, Brown at the top.

I'd be tempted to put Gauthier as high as #3, but i have him slotted #4, and i wouldn't be shocked if he fell to around #10 on the voting polls pretty easy.

His game is just so complete. ... Yes, questions about the scoring, but i've got a feeling he'l put up some decent points this year with the Marlies and opinions will shift on that potential.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
For me

1.Marner
2. Nylander
3.Bracco
4.Brown
5. Don't laugh but Korostelev. I think he's by far the steal of the draft and his upside is ridiculous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad