Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking to Make a Return This Weekend as per Mods.

JMcLeaf

Off the top of my head...

Marner
Nylander
Kapanen
Brown
Percy
Harrington
Bracco
Dermott
Gauthier
Lepisic

That's a pretty damned good top 10, even if it's pretty forward heavy. Lots of boom or bust guys beyond that too. Welcome to the Mark Hunter era ladies and gentleman. A few months ago we acquired Lepisic and he was instantly one of our best prospects, now he's borderline top 10.

Your top 4 will likely win their polls pretty easily. It will get interesting after that.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I have a feeling our new draft picks will be rated a bit higher just because they are new and shinny.

There is a reason Bracco went 61. He shouldn't be anywhere near our top 10 and he should go back to USA hockey instead of the CHL.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Schenn either forgot or is busy. Someone could start it up, I don't think he would mind.

Ya seems that way. Is this a useful exercise? I mean nothing against Matt Finn but he was obviously not our second rated prospect last season but that's where this board put him.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Ya seems that way. Is this a useful exercise? I mean nothing against Matt Finn but he was obviously not our second rated prospect last season but that's where this board put him.

Its just something to do, and get everyone's opinion on the matter. Plus it's fun/good/sad looking back at it in a few years.

mikebel111*

I really like your posts now but than I see this

Finn absolutely was our 2nd best prospect last season. There is no denying this. Your assuming that even highly rated prospects don't have bad seasons, well sorry but that's false. It doesn't just happen to non top prospects and could happen to anyone.

So yes Matt Finn was our 2nd rated prospect last season and its correct, he probably isn't in the top 10 in prospects this year and for good reason, however last season he was a top 3 prospect in our pool

Anyway, I am not worries about Finn. He has been a late bloomer at every level and I am sure he wants to bounce back next season and is working hard to do so as he is a motivated kid just like his childhood friend Conner Brown

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I really like your posts now but than I see this

Finn absolutely was our 2nd best prospect last season. There is no denying this. Your assuming that even highly rated prospects don't have bad seasons, well sorry but that's false. It doesn't just happen to non top prospects and could happen to anyone.

So yes Matt Finn was our 2nd rated prospect last season and its correct, he probably isn't in the top 10 in prospects this year and for good reason, however last season he was a top 3 prospect in our pool

Anyway, I am not worries about Finn. He has been a late bloomer at every level and I am sure he wants to bounce back next season and is working hard to do so as he is a motivated kid just like his childhood friend Conner Brown

I know Mike but even if everything goes spectacularly well for Matt this year he still wasn't our 2nd best prospect. I guess my question is whether any of us are really able to predict with any accuracy who is going to shine and who is going to stumble - it's an unpredictable process. Finner may have a great year this year but would you still place him 2nd honestly? I am with you bud not against you - I want him to succeed too.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Maybe we should wait a few more weeks before ranking the prospects ... Things may still change depending on if other players are shipped out :naughty:

Last edited:

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
My top 10:

Marner
Nylander
Kapanen
Brown
Percy
Bracco
Dermott
Gauthier
Harrington
Johnson

did i miss anyone?

one77

Dec 22, 2013
1. Marner
2. Nylander
3. Kapanen
4. Brown
5. Percy
6. Dermott
7. Leipsic
8. Gauthier
9. Johnson
10. Finn/Bracco/Harrington

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
1. Marner
2. Nylander
3. Kapanen
4. Brown
5. Bibeau
6. Leipsic
7. Percy
8. Dermott
9. Gauthier
10. Bracco

Cupboards are sure getting full these days .. I've lost track of all the prospects :laugh:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I would still consider brown a better prospect than kapanen.

I like Brown a lot but Kapanen has better potential. Kapanen still hasn't turned 19 yet and is only 3 months older then 2015 draft pick Ratanen (10th overall).

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Off the top of my head...

Marner
Nylander
Kapanen
Brown
Percy
Harrington
Bracco
Dermott
Gauthier
Lepisic

That's a pretty damned good top 10, even if it's pretty forward heavy. Lots of boom or bust guys beyond that too. Welcome to the Mark Hunter era ladies and gentleman. A few months ago we acquired Lepisic and he was instantly one of our best prospects, now he's borderline top 10.

We actually have NHL upside guys here! All of these guys have immense skill, with honestly only Gauthier possibly busting if his offence doesnt translate(and bracco/dermott being boom/bust as well)

before we had alot of bigger guys that had to find their offence and never did and usually ended up with 3rd line wingers(i.e Komarov) and bottom pairing D(i.e Granberg) if they panned out, now at least we clearly have some top line players coming up here.

Our D definitely needs work, Harrington and Percy look to be 2nd pairing at best, still solid d-men but no top-pairing blue-chipper here. Forward wise Marner and Nylander look like clear top line talents.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
That was fun to go back and read. Makes you realize how many top prospects turn out to be completely unnoteworthy players.

#1: Nazem Kadri - 2C
#2: Jerry D'Amigo - 4th line energy winger
#3: Keith Aulie - bust
#4: Luca Caputi - bust
#5: Brad Ross - bust
#6: Marcel Mueller - bust
#7: Jesse Blacker - ?
#8: Greg McKegg - AHLer/4th liner
#9: Jussi Rynnas - ?
#10: Korbinian Holzer - #7
#11: James Reimer - 1B goalie
#12: Juraj Mikus - bust
#13: Sondre Olden -bust
#14: Kenny Ryan -bust
#15: Mikhail Stefanovich - bust
#16: Ben Scrivens - 1B goalie
#17: Matt Frattin - bottom-six winger?
#18: Braydon Irwin - bust
#19: Daniel Brodin - bust
#20: Dale Mitchell - bust
#21: Peter Granberg - #7
#22: Simon Gysbers - bust
#23: Jerome Flaake - bust
#24: Sam Carrick - 4C
#25: Tyler Rueggsegger - bust
#26: Andrew MacWilliam - 6/7D
#27: Jamie Devane - AHL/4th liner
#28: Robert Slaney - bust
#29: Eric Knodel -bust

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Lol at some of those prospects. Good times. Caputi at 4, Ross at 5, Mueller at 6. Yikes

Thanks, Burkie. At least the year after looked a lot better:

1. Nazem Kadri - 72.63%
2. James Reimer - 76.74%
3. Joe Colborne - 52.48%
4. Keith Aulie - 55.79%
5. Jake Gardiner - 67.50%
6. Matt Frattin - 47.37%
7. Greg McKegg - 36.69%
8. Jesse Blacker - 48.62%
9. Tyler Biggs - 63.53%
10. Stuart Percy - 39.62%

mikebel111*

I know Mike but even if everything goes spectacularly well for Matt this year he still wasn't our 2nd best prospect. I guess my question is whether any of us are really able to predict with any accuracy who is going to shine and who is going to stumble - it's an unpredictable process. Finner may have a great year this year but would you still place him 2nd honestly? I am with you bud not against you - I want him to succeed too.

No I wouldnt. However that wasnt the point. You said he wasnt our 2nd best prospect last season, when yes he was. He isnt this year and 95% wont be at the end of the year as well. Last season he was, this season he isnt. There is nothing more to it

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Yea Finn was our 2nd best prospect last year I agree. Hopefully he gets it together this year, ill be rooting for him. People shouldn't hope he busts because he still has alot of potential and will have a good coaching staff this year to work with.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Looking at this lists I think we are undervaluing Scott Harrington a bit. He's proven just as much, if not more, than Stuart Percy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad