Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking to Make a Return This Weekend as per Mods.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

For the 5th year running I will be doing the prospect rankings. I will be holding a poll every day and we will rank our top 30 prospects in the system as a group. We will find out how the posters on HF boards rank the prospects in our system.

Antoine Bibeau
Garret Sparks
Christopher Gibson
Zack Hyman
Connor Brown
Andreas Johnson
Fabrice Herzog
John Piccinich
Nikita Soshnikov
Casey Bailey
Tyler Biggs
Josh Leivo
Brandan Leipsic
Pierre Engvall
Nolan Vesey
Jamie Devane
William Nylander
Frederik Gauthier
Carter Verhaeghe
Tony Cameranesi
Dominic Toninato
Dakota Joshua
Sam Carrick
Ryan Rupert
Matt Finn
Stuart Percy
Rinat Valiev
Tom Nilsson
Petter Granberg
Viktor Loov
Cody Donaghey
Max Everson
Mitch Marner
Martin Dzierkals
Stephan Desrocher
Travis Dermott
Jeremy Bracco
Andrew Nielson
Nikita Korostelev
Jesper Lindgren
Dymtro Timashov
Martin Marincin

Am I missing any prospects who are Leafs prospects at the moment? Are any of the prospects I named above not Leaf property anymore that I mistakenly put on the list?

Should I include Martin Marincin? He played like half the season in Oklahoma so I don't know...

Oh and what about Zaitsev?

Are both Ruperts official Leaf property, or is it still just the one?

I hope to see all of you voting in the rankings beginning in a day or two. :D

2014 Final Result
2013 Final Result
2012 Final Result
2011 Final Result
2010 Final Result

Last edited:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
That's one long minute.

It's kind of fun that we have two awesome prospects that there can be some debate about who our top one is. Also nice that this debate is because both are good and not because we have no decent prospects :).

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
1A, 1B situation.

I'd slot Marner at 1A, simply because he'll be center.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Just like Luke. Give us hope on a great debate here and then let us down.

Soon we'll find the OP on the Flyers board where he after a while manage to scrap together a decent post.

That's one long minute.

It's kind of fun that we have two awesome prospects that there can be some debate about who our top one is. Also nice that this debate is because both are good and not because we have no decent prospects :).

However much I like Nylander, he'd have to continue his trajectory of developing much faster than expected to be a better prospect than Marner.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I'm going to use this thread to finger out who else needs included and who needs omitted. For instance, should I include Marincin? He has 85 games played but still is kind of an AHL regular so idk.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I'm going to use this thread to finger out who else needs included and who needs omitted. For instance, should I include Marincin? He has 85 games played but still is kind of an AHL regular so idk.

Yeah, include Erixon as well.

I don't see our #1 prospect MattFratt on the list either?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Too many games played to be a rookie.

Zaitsev doesn't have a contract for another year. A lot could happen during that time, so he shouldn't be included either.

Oh and Erixon shouldn't either. Should have played too much as well.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't think Frattin should be considered a prospect anymore. On the fence on Erixon.

Think Erixon has graduated, officially a 6-7 guy in the NHL.

Think Marcinin is probably an NHLer next year as well, played top 4 at times for Edmonton and did not look too bad, just the usual Oilers screw ups that I'd hardly put on him, he'd be a solid bottom pairing guy.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Soon we'll find the OP on the Flyers board where he after a while manage to scrap together a decent post.

However much I like Nylander, he'd have to continue his trajectory of developing much faster than expected to be a better prospect than Marner.
Overall I would agree that it should be a pretty solid Marner win. Though Nylander did have about as good a year as you could have imagined for him. Outstanding back in Sweden and had a great impact in the AHL. At least for me the current trajectory makes it an interesting discussion.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Marincin and Erixon should not be on this list. Essentially just go off of whatever hockeysfuture.com has on their boards, minus the guys that are no longer there and plus the guys from the draft. Zaitsev isn't Leafs property, and M.Rupert is only AHL property so they should not count. So...

Sparks, Gibson, Bibeau (3)

Percy, Finn, Valiev, Loov, Nilsson, Desrochers, Granberg, Lindgren, Donaghey, Dermott, Nielsen (11) Maybe Everson also, but everyone hates him and he'll likely not be brought back so up to you.

Marner, Nylander, Verhaeghe, Gauthier, Cameranesi, Toninato, Joshua, Carrick, R. Rupert (9)

Hyman, Leivo, Bailey, Biggs, Johnson, Piccinich, Herzog, Brown, Soshnikov, Korostelev, Timashov, Dzierkals, Vesey, Devane, Engvall, Leipsic, Bracco (17)

That's everyone that should be included. Pick the top 30/35 out of the 40 prospects we have.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Overall I would agree that it should be a pretty solid Marner win. Though Nylander did have about as good a year as you could have imagined for him. Outstanding back in Sweden and had a great impact in the AHL. At least for me the current trajectory makes it an interesting discussion.

If Marner develops as expected while Nylander continues his rapid growth as a player, it might be even next year. And that would be amazing. If anybody could do it, it's Nylander though. The way he has answered question since the draft has been incredible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad