Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking to Make a Return This Weekend as per Mods.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
If Marner develops as expected while Nylander continues his rapid growth as a player, it might be even next year. And that would be amazing. If anybody could do it, it's Nylander though. The way he has answered question since the draft has been incredible.
It's going to be a fun year watching the development of both of these guys (along with the rest of the prospects). Should get Marner back and playing center for London and how Nylander's season unfolds. I'd expect maybe some chances at center during a full season with the Marlies. Though possible Nylander really brings it at camp. There's no desire to rush anyone, but I find it hard to discount anything at this stage.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Marner
Nylander
Bracco

Pretty easy top 3. After that, it'll get interesting.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm expecting Brown to beat Bracco

Depends on what people know about Bracco. To me Brown is #4. However, Bracco is unknown to a lot of posters here.

If Bracco is an inch taller, he goes in the first round.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Depends on what people know about Bracco. To me Brown is #4. However, Bracco is unknown to a lot of posters here.

If Bracco is an inch taller, he goes in the first round.

He's honestly a top 20 talent. Crazy how skilled guys always drop because of size.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Nylander and Brown are 1 and 2, hands down and no questions asked. Marner would be 3 only because he is OHL and hasn't "turned pro" but killed amateur.

This is gonna be fun though. :popcorn: :yo:

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Liking how we took Bracco 25 picks behind Dermott and he's being ranked above him :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Liking how we took Bracco 25 picks behind Dermott and he's being ranked above him :laugh:

Draft ranking doesn't really matter.

Leafs had Bracco ranked at 22. Knew he was falling, so waited until 61 to take him.

mikebel111*

Don't think he cracks the top 10

I would agree with that

However Matt has been a late bloomer at every level so I expect a bounce back season.

He is a much better prospect than Granberg who gets overrated here.The talent easily goes to Finn not close. Granberg has well below average puck skills and average skating. Bottom pairing at best if he makes it.
Finn I would say #12- #14
Granberg #16-#18
The top 3 I would say
Nylander
Marner
Bracco

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I'm probably going to hold off on starting this until after the first couple days of free agency. Maybe start Sunday or something.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
Draft ranking doesn't really matter.

Leafs had Bracco ranked at 22. Knew he was falling, so waited until 61 to take him.

Sure, they had him at 22, but that's not how drafting works. You don't take someone rated lower on your list because you think the higher player is falling. There was 26 picks between Dermott and Bracco, you don't risk losing the guy if you rate him higher.

It could be as close as having them rated 21 and 22, but the fact is Hunter & co. had Dermott rated higher or they wouldn't have taken him at 34.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sure, they had him at 22, but that's not how drafting works. You don't take someone rated lower on your list because you think the higher player is falling. There was 26 picks between Dermott and Bracco, you don't risk losing the guy if you rate him higher.

It could be as close as having them rated 21 and 22, but the fact is Hunter & co. had Dermott rated higher or they wouldn't have taken him at 34.

No, that's not how it works.

Say they had Bracco at 22 and Dermott right at 34. They knew Bracco would fall, but Dermott wouldn't. So why take Bracco and not get Dermott when you could get both?

On the 2nd day, there is a lot more chatter. That's why you see a lot of pick maneuvering. It's easier to get a grasp on who other teams are taking.

Chances are high that the Leafs did some due diligence and some talking between the 1st and 2nd rounds, and realized they could get Bracco at the end of the 2nd, and they could take Dermott before him.

Either way, this discussion is entirely useless. What Bracco has done in the USHL is absolutely ridiculous.

Oh, Bracco is also one of the youngest, if not the youngest players to get drafted. I believe he's still 17.

This kid has massive potential, while Dermott is simply going to become a 2nd pairing guy, likely average to high end 2nd pairing guy.

Dermott is a very good prospect, no doubt, but Bracco is, I mean, I'm not even sure how to describe it.

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
Should we wait on any potential trades (Kessel, etc) before doing something like this. Still a possibility of more prospects coming in

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
When is this a go?

Edit: I see it now, should have read more in depth!

Last edited:

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
Off the top of my head...

Marner
Nylander
Kapanen
Brown
Percy
Harrington
Bracco
Dermott
Gauthier
Lepisic

That's a pretty damned good top 10, even if it's pretty forward heavy. Lots of boom or bust guys beyond that too. Welcome to the Mark Hunter era ladies and gentleman. A few months ago we acquired Lepisic and he was instantly one of our best prospects, now he's borderline top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad