Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking to Make a Return This Weekend as per Mods.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
I can't speak for others, but I have Bracco so high because he broke Patty Kane's assist record for the USA national Development Team. His overall numbers were also right there with Kane and Kessel too. That's a pretty amazing feat given how many good players did not produce such numbers in that league.
His offensive gifts are elite, but needs to work on his defensive game - which is pretty much the case for all of these type of players.

The real knock against him is his size, but what has me not too worried about that is his confidence. It's often mind over matter. If you think you're a beast and play like one, it won't hold you back as much. (to a certain extent, of course)

Actually, Bracco has elite skills, and his size issue is overblown - he's already 190lbs at 18! He's going to be built similar to Tyler Johnson.

I would go:

1) Marner
2) Nylander
3) Kapanen
4) Bracco
5) Brown
6) Dermott
7) Korostelev
8) Percy
9) Valiev
10) Dzierkals (wait for this year in the Q - he's going be the surprise of this year!)

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Actually, Bracco has elite skills, and his size issue is overblown - he's already 190lbs at 18! He's going to be built similar to Tyler Johnson.

I would go:

1) Marner
2) Nylander
3) Kapanen
4) Bracco
5) Brown
6) Dermott
7) Korostelev
8) Percy
9) Valiev
10) Dzierkals (wait for this year in the Q - he's going be the surprise of this year!)

Bracco's already 190? I thought the draft said he was smaller.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
He's 162 is he not? One of the Russian fellas we drafted was 190 something, but I'm 90% sure Braccos 30 pounds lighter than that.

Edit: Combine results say he's 173.

173 is a good start!

Also, I thought he was shorter than what he is. He's actually 5-10. He may even grow to 5-11 (his mom seems tallish). If he eventually hits 190 then he's going to be way more average than small.

Prediction: after a 20-year successful career, Bracco is going to become a top commenter for NHL hockey on one of the American networks. The guy just screams out TV personality. Or maybe it's the Ben Mulroney look-alike factor that's influencing my opinion.

Bracco_Jeremy_medium.jpg

8274168.jpg

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I think a set of groupings might be more interesting and possibly more reflective of reality than a simple list. Here's my effort in that direction. I will attempt to rank within the groups. This will not include all prospects. It may show where more prospects are needed, either through trades or future drafts.

Top end Forward
Position, centre or wing, undetermined though centre is the hope
Marner
Nylander
Number to make team, 2. (If not, a major disappointment)
Note: if they end up on the wing, it will affect the number of Leafs to emerge from the next category

Skilled winger
This group is skilled but will likely end up less than the NHL average forward size of 6'1, 205 (approximately.). I am very uncertain about the ranking here.
Kapanen
Brown
Bracco
Johnson
Leipsic
Tymashov
Number to make team, 2, although others may be traded for assets.

Offensively skilled D-men
Valiev
Dermott
Lindgren
Number to make team, 1or 2
Need more prospects here

Defensive D-men
Harrington
Percy
Loov
Granberg
Neilson
Number to make team, 2

Centres with size
Gauthier
Verhaege
Toninato
Number to make team, 1
Need more prospects here

Wings with Size
Leivo
Korostelev
Number to make team 0 or 1
Need more prospects here
(Weak category)

Goalie
Maybe Bibeau

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
I think a set of groupings might be more interesting and possibly more reflective of reality than a simple list. Here's my effort in that direction. I will attempt to rank within the groups. This will not include all prospects. It may show where more prospects are needed, either through trades or future drafts.

Top end Forward
Position, centre or wing, undetermined though centre is the hope
Marner
Nylander
Number to make team, 2. (If not, a major disappointment)
Note: if they end up on the wing, it will affect the number of Leafs to emerge from the next category

Skilled winger
This group is skilled but will likely end up less than the NHL average forward size of 6'1, 205 (approximately.). I am very uncertain about the ranking here.
Kapanen
Brown
Bracco
Johnson
Leipsic
Tymashov
Number to make team, 2, although others may be traded for assets.

Offensively skilled D-men
Valiev
Dermott
Lindgren
Number to make team, 1or 2
Need more prospects here

Defensive D-men
Harrington
Percy
Loov
Granberg
Neilson
Number to make team, 2

Centres with size
Gauthier
Verhaege
Toninato
Number to make team, 1
Need more prospects here

Wings with Size
Leivo
Korostelev
Number to make team 0 or 1
Need more prospects here
(Weak category)

Goalie
Maybe Bibeau

Great post, but I think we end up with more than 2 here. 3 nearly for sure imo. I think the bolded will be leafs, and on top of that, a few extra could also. I could see Leipsic as well.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Great post, but I think we end up with more than 2 here. 3 nearly for sure imo. I think the bolded will be leafs, and on top of that, a few extra could also. I could see Leipsic as well.

How many smaller forwards would be acceptable in your view? Also, ths small skilled forwards are top six players for the most part. The only one I could see on a 3rd or 4th line would be Leipsic. How many smaller forwards should there be on the top two lines? My own answer would be four.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad