Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I find it funny that so many Leafs fans are putting their faith into Management, and now they think that they know more and think Bracco is the better prospect than Dermott (Let alone some other solid prospects we have left), Where dermott was selected 26 selections ahead.

Bracco looks flashy with his stats, but Dermott is going to be a stud too and I'm betting the better player.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Thanks for pointing that out guys.

I dunno about that, because I voted...
I'm new so not really sure =/ I'd probably check user cp, or e-mail maybe?

Being a rookie user has to do with time, not post-count. Posters have rookie status for 45 days, before being considered a "Registered User", so it's just a matter of time before you'll be able to vote, Gabriel.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
maybe you should take your own advice and watch footage, Percy was our best Dman at the start of last year albeit a small sample size.

Lol at this guy getting all emotional because other people have their own opinions about the prospect pool.

1. Have watched plenty of Percy, love the guy, he was very solid, but that doesn't change what he is.

2. Not even mad bruh

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I find it funny that so many Leafs fans are putting their faith into Management, and now they think that they know more and think Bracco is the better prospect than Dermott (Let alone some other solid prospects we have left), Where dermott was selected 26 selections ahead.

Bracco looks flashy with his stats, but Dermott is going to be a stud too and I'm betting the better player.

Leafs management apparently had Bracco ranked ahead at 22, but knew he would fall so took Dermott before.

So I mean...

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leafs management apparently had Bracco ranked ahead at 22, but knew he would fall so took Dermott before.

So I mean...

Some one else mentioned that (what's the source again?) but I still find it hard to believe they knew that he wouldn't be picked between #35 and #60. Incredibly far fetched that all the teams from #35 to #60 didn't think Bracco was a top 60 prospect in this draft.

Just like Burke saying they had Rielly #1, I think this is just speculation and pure baloney.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto

So I mean...

That doesn't say anything about where they had Dermott ranked, though, just that they value Bracco highly, which is great.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown

So I mean...

We've talked about this before, but I don't buy that they rated Bracco ahead of Dermott. If they did, then that actually scares me. I don't care if they thought that Bracco might fall, if you have the opportunity to take the guy rated highest on your list, you don't screw around and take someone rated lower because you think they might fall. All it takes is 1 team between those picks to take him/trade up to get him, and you're standing there with your stick in your hand wondering how you could have messed it up so badly.

They definitely had Dermott rated higher, even if it was 20/21, or else they wouldn't have taken him 26 spots earlier.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
People seem to overrate potential and underestimate probability of reaching the potential. I don't consider myself smarter than the leafs management team and scouts, so I can't honestly rank bracco ahead of Dermott, considering they were picked almost a whole round apart.

If they were drafted a bit closer together (like 5 spots or so) I'd out more judgement in, but right now Dermott has to be the higher ranked prospect.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I voted for the player who will make the Leafs this year. Harrington....so over locked.

Unfortunately, that is not what this ranking is about. It is about who will be at some point the best player playing at the highest level for Leafs.

If it's about who makes the team this year then Marner should be outa the top five. This ranking result is flawed because of this bias in voters.

Not concerned because it's for fun after all but the final result will not be at all accurate.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Being a rookie user has to do with time, not post-count. Posters have rookie status for 45 days, before being considered a "Registered User", so it's just a matter of time before you'll be able to vote, Gabriel.

Thanks again

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Unfortunately, that is not what this ranking is about. It is about who will be at some point the best player playing at the highest level for Leafs.

If it's about who makes the team this year then Marner should be outa the top five. This ranking result is flawed because of this bias in voters.

Not concerned because it's for fun after all but the final result will not be at all accurate.

It's quite obvious that everyone has a different understanding of what this rating is than you (and from each other). Harrington is equal to or better than Percy and yet our ranking doesn't reflect that.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002

I have no idea what the word "accurate" means in this case. It's an internet poll. It can't be anything other than accurate.

It's also close to meaningless. :laugh:

As you say, it's for fun. We seem to need some hockey-related entertainment in July and August.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
People seem to overrate potential and underestimate probability of reaching the potential. I don't consider myself smarter than the leafs management team and scouts, so I can't honestly rank bracco ahead of Dermott, considering they were picked almost a whole round apart.

If they were drafted a bit closer together (like 5 spots or so) I'd out more judgement in, but right now Dermott has to be the higher ranked prospect.

Everyone is looking for some objective reasoning when there just isn't any for something like this.

Bracco has a high ceiling and obviously the people voting for him lean more towards potential than safe picks,in comparison to other voters and even Leafs management. And that's fine.

NHL teams all go to the draft with a list, and they are not identical. They can't even agree on how to appropriately weigh these factors, so it makes no sense to expect US to.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

So I mean...

Not saying I don't believe you, but is there a source for this? All I know is that they were considering Dermott at #24, they traded back and were surprised Travis was still there at the beginning of the 2nd round. Didn't know they had Bracco that high as well.. So they pretty much got 3 guys ranked in their top 25 or so with their first 3 picks.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Some one else mentioned that (what's the source again?) but I still find it hard to believe they knew that he wouldn't be picked between #35 and #60. Incredibly far fetched that all the teams from #35 to #60 didn't think Bracco was a top 60 prospect in this draft.

Just like Burke saying they had Rielly #1, I think this is just speculation and pure baloney.

1 Edmonton Nail Yakupov
2 Columbus Ryan Murray
3 Montreal Alex Galchenyuk
4 NY Islanders Griffin Reinhart
5 Toronto Morgan Rielly

There is no one on that list distinctly/significantly better than Rielly. It is not that far fetched he will be the best of the bunch.

“We had this player rated first overall,” Burke said in 2012. “I wouldn’t say that if it wasn’t true, just to build up a pick. This is a guy that if we had with the first pick, we would have taken … our scouts are ecstatic.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...-becoming-the-franchise-player-team-predicted

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
1 Edmonton Nail Yakupov
2 Columbus Ryan Murray
3 Montreal Alex Galchenyuk
4 NY Islanders Griffin Reinhart
5 Toronto Morgan Rielly

There is no one on that list distinctly/significantly better than Rielly. It is not that far fetched he will be the best of the bunch.

Yep. The draft was not particularly strong at the top. Lots of interesting guys, but no one who really stood out from the others. I always thought it was within the realm of reasonable to rank Reilly 1st. The "unknown" factor created by his injury left room for people to (potentially) imagine a very high ceiling.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Rutherford (at the time a GM for Canes) also said he had Rielly rated #1 for that draft. Bergevin mentioned he had Rielly as one of the possibilities for Habs' 3rd overall pick

Burke rating Morgan that high isn't all that far-fetched

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Yep. The draft was not particularly strong at the top. Lots of interesting guys, but no one who really stood out from the others. I always thought it was within the realm of reasonable to rank Reilly 1st. The "unknown" factor created by his injury left room for people to (potentially) imagine a very high ceiling.

That really wasn't the best year to pick first, do you think the Oilers would have taken Rielly or Reinhart if they could do it all over ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA