Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Mitch Marner -- 81.22%
2. William Nylander -- 97.50%
3. Kasperi Kapanen -- 51.18%
4. Connor Brown - - 80.00%
5. Stuart Percy - - 28.67%

Frederick Gauthier
Zack Hyman
Andreas Johnson
Antoine Bibeau
Matt Finn
Jeremy Bracco
Travis Dermott
Carter Verhaeghe
Scott Harrington
Brandon Leipsic
Rinat Valiev
Victor Loov
Petter Granberg
Nikita Soshikov
Josh Leivo

Garret Sparks
Christopher Gibson
Fabrice Herzog
John Piccinich
Casey Bailey
Pierre Engvall
Nolan Vesey
Jamie Devane
Tony Cameranesi
Dominic Toninato
Dakota Joshua
Sam Carrick
Ryan Rupert
Tom Nilsson
Cody Donaghey
Martin Dzierkals
Stephan Desrocher
Andrew Nielson
Nikita Korostelev
Jesper Lindgren
Dymtro Timashov

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5

Suggest who I should add next :D

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Looks like Bracco might take the #6 spot. I wonder where Nielsen will go who was drafted just 4 spots after Bracco. Probably #20ish.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Gauthier; he deserves to be top 5. Johnson, Leipsic, Leivo, Harrington and a tough last choice round out my top 10. Leivo may have not had the best offensive regular season, but he's still an excellent top 6 prospect that has been shrouded by an influx of other top 6 talent recently.

ktf

May 5, 2006
Victoria, B.C.
Johnson, it was a tough choice.
However, I do think too many people like shiny new things (Bracco). Over prospects that have done nothing but impress since being drafted.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Honestly I don't even believe Gauthier should be top 10, we have a lot of better guys in the system and he's barely progressed since his draft year.

buttman*

Had about 4 guys I would say are close at this point. I chose Scott Harrington. Why? Well, actually being able to play defense in your own end is the most under-rated skill in Leafland. Fans think all this flash and dash is more important.

Look at L.A. They have a ton of guys that could play D and do little else. Look at the last time the Leafs were good. Guys like Sylvain Lefebvre, Jamie Macoun, etc. were stalwarts on the backend. Leafs haven't made a dent on 10 years because they have ZERO Dmen that can play half decent in their own end.

Yeah, I get it, smurfs scoring goals is sexy. Still, it won't win you **** if you can't keep the puck out of your net.

buttman*

Honestly I don't even believe Gauthier should be top 10, we have a lot of better guys in the system and he's barely progressed since his draft year.

Killing penalties, winning face-offs and playing defense are optional in Leafland. The fact Gauthier does it BETTER than any forward prospect we have should count for something.

Sometimes you need someone to SHUT DOWN the oppositions top line and not get scored on. When is the last time the Leafs had a line capable of that? Remember Berg, Zezel and Osborne? That's about the last time the Leafs were good. None of those guys were sexy but they played a role.

Look at Chicago. Marcus Kruger says hi. It's really too bad many of you guys don't get this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland