Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ermahgerd our 2015 3rd round pick isn't in our top 6 :scared:

He was a second round pick.

This also shows the general thinking of the board :laugh:

"Don't know him so he clearly isn't good"

Stuart Percy is a #4 guy, max, and he's ranked higher than a guy with star potential in Bracco, or a top 6 forward in Johnson.

P.S do some research on Bracco, watch some footage, look at what he's done. If people knew what this kid has done, he'd be the easy #4 like he should be.

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
Killing penalties, winning face-offs and playing defense are optional in Leafland. The fact Gauthier does it BETTER than any forward prospect we have should count for something.

Sometimes you need someone to SHUT DOWN the oppositions top line and not get scored on. When is the last time the Leafs had a line capable of that? Remember Berg, Zezel and Osborne? That's about the last time the Leafs were good. None of those guys were sexy but they played a role.

Look at Chicago. Marcus Kruger says hi. It's really too bad many of you guys don't get this.

This so much this .. The fact Percy is ranked higher than Freddy is ridiculous... Never see Percy being a impactful player

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York

Stuart Percy is a #4 guy, max, and he's ranked higher than a guy with star potential in Bracco, or a top 6 forward in Johnson.

P.S do some research on Bracco, watch some footage, look at what he's done. If people knew what this kid has done, he'd be the easy #4 like he should be.

He obviously has high bust potential as well. He wouldn't have been passed over 60 times if not. I'm happy with him as our prospect and have enjoyed the footage of him. The above goes for Johnson.

How do you rank a prospect? Who is higher? A guy who has a 75% chance of being a 3C or 4D or a guy that has a 25% chance of being a 1W/50% chance of being a 2W?

To think that someone is foolish on a message board for thinking one way or another is...somewhat foolish.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls

Talk to me when he performs in College, for now I'm sticking to reality and picking Johnson due to his dominance in one of the best leagues in hockey.

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario

To be fair, he was the 31st pick of the 2nd round. The 61st pick would be a 3rd rounder in most drafts, but yes, officially he was a 2nd rounder.

As far as people not knowing him, I am sure most on here do by now. I have seen his stat sheet plenty of times, and he was the exact guy that I hoped the team was targeting when they traded down in the draft. However, I am not ready to pick him as our 6th best prospect until I see him start playing well and putting up good numbers in college hockey.

At this time, I see Johnson as the better prospect. He has put up very impressive numbers in a high quality professional mens league, and seems like a guy who just simply knows how to score.

As far as Percy goes, the fact that he has proven that he can be a solid player in the NHL/AHL is what makes him so impressive! And sure, maybe he will only be a #4 guy, but at this point I would be willing to bet that Percy is more likely to be a top 4 guy in the NHL than Bracco to be a top 6er in the NHL. Just because Stuart has all but proven that he won't be a #1 guy doesn't mean he is worse than a guy who has so far only proven that he can put up a boatload of points on a stacked USHL team.

PJJ

Jun 26, 2015
GTA
Before picking Gauthier, ask yourselves this: would you honestly take Gauthier over Bracco, Johnson, and Dermott, whose low end are as good as Gauthier's upside, and their upside is much much higher? You can easily find a Gauthier in FA or for cheap on the trade market, whereas Bracco+Johnson+Dermott can potentially be really valuable guys.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

He could easily be a very good #3.

I love how people discredit other prospects to make another prospect look good... like they're all our prospects..

mikebel111*

Before picking Gauthier, ask yourselves this: would you honestly take Gauthier over Bracco, Johnson, and Dermott, whose low end are as good as Gauthier's upside, and their upside is much much higher? You can easily find a Gauthier in FA or for cheap on the trade market, whereas Bracco+Johnson+Dermott can potentially be really valuable guys.

yeah a big guy who is elite on the defensive end is easy to find? lol
Leafs have found so many in FA, proof is the amazing defensive performances over the years? oh wait...
and what makes you think Gauthier cant be one? because he doesn't have sick passes?

easy to find is flat out wrong

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

I think I know what Bracco's done, I had him going 17th to SJS in a mock draft I did in December of last year :biglaugh:

Our 6th round pick is our #3 Prospect. Where peeps are drafted has nothing to do with their long term outlook.

The draft was less than a month ago, right now, it is absolutely representative of the status of these prospects. Connor Brown was drafted 3 years ago and has done nothing but prove himself since then. Hardly analogous situations.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario

Gauthier low end is AHL/NHL tweener. Bracco, Johnson, Dermotts low end is complete bust.

Braccos speed is a serious concern. If it doesnt improve he will not make it to the NHL. At that size you need speed to make it into the NHL.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He could easily be a very good #3.

I love how people discredit other prospects to make another prospect look good... like they're all our prospects..

How is that discrediting Percy?

He's going to be a 2nd pairing guy, ideally beside someone a bit more skilled than he is. Possibly a Jake Gardiner.

It's not discrediting Percy at all, it's saying what he is.

Christ.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Everyone has different views on how to rank these prospects .. Some lean heavily on potential while others look at how they have developed and how they will make an impact in the NHL. Hard to gauge the newly drafted picks when we've been seen a lot more of the other prospects.

I picked Gauthier over Bracco in this instance because the Goat has shown how important he can be to a winning team, even if he's in a defensive role, and how he's is looking like a good bet to be a quality roster player as a checking centre.

Brace certainly has a higher ceiling, and his offensive totals are nothing short of impressive, but I'd like to see more of him next season to see if he keeps progressing. I'd say Bracco is the most likely to be the fastest riser in the prospect ranks depending on how he does next season.

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
Hmm.. Someone who's played in the USNTDP or someone who is playing with men over in Sweden, yet still being able to produce at a good rate?

Such a tough choice.

But not really. Johnson's got my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad