Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Lmao, yea, intangibles are more important than skill. What is elite size?

Honestly, i was most worried that the coaching staff might stuff Gauthier into a bottom six role on the Marlies, but it is now from the word of the Dubas himself. They are going to push the guy to be assertive with his offensive game. He'll have every opportunity to expand upon that.

So you can take all the tremendous qualities he has to begin with and add this to that... i'm excited to see how the coming season goes

(Course being that Nylander slots in as the #1, that leaves the competition for the #2 spot, but we can at least expect that they will have a mind set of putting him into positions to develop his offensive game. They won't haphazardly toss him out on the 4th line. Maybe he's on the PP unit crowding the net while Nylander is also on the ice. Who knows.)

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Or Dubas is wrong... too early to tell. Not like Leafs Management have not made a mistake (FWIW I like the Goat too)

Dubas could turn out to be wrong on this, but as of today, who's opinion would you side with? Kyle Dubas or an Hf poster?

PJJ

Jun 26, 2015
GTA
You guys fawn over some BS that sounds like it's from a video game, elite intangibles/size/PKer/faceoffs. e.g. Even if he's good on faceoffs or defense, I bet the other team will have the puck more than ours.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Shocked Gauthier is leading this. Makes me wonder if we took Bracco at 24 if he would be winning.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
As mentioned in the Dubas interview, Gauthier is a coaches dream. Great on the draw, big reach, excellent defensively. It's pretty clear why both Keefe and Babcock like him so much. He's going to be a high quality NHL utility player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad