Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
That really wasn't the best year to pick first, do you think the Oilers would have taken Rielly or Reinhart if they could do it all over ?

Maybe they've made up for it now by trading for Reinhart. :)

But I'm sure they haven't given up on Yakupov yet either.

Personally though, I'm still quite happy to have Reilly.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not saying I don't believe you, but is there a source for this? All I know is that they were considering Dermott at #24, they traded back and were surprised Travis was still there at the beginning of the 2nd round. Didn't know they had Bracco that high as well.. So they pretty much got 3 guys ranked in their top 25 or so with their first 3 picks.

Came from Mark Hunter himself (appearingly)

Hunter had Bracco, an American forward, listed as the 22nd best prospect in the draft. And the Leafs had the 24th pick. But they traded for two lower picks and still managed to get Bracco at 61.

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/spor...d-to-find-players-that-make-it-look-easy.html

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
guys love skill too much here...freddie potentially brings elite size, defense, FO, PK, and those winning intangibles

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
Gauthier should not be ahead of Bracco, Johnson or Dermott.

I personally disagree. It's close, but I think Freddy is a much more important prospect for us that this point of their developmental stages. It's not ALL about the offense but also the NHL impact these guys could make to our club.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Yes he should.

*crosses arms*

tumblr_nq732e5OvX1uygmxjo1_400.gif

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Brandon Leipsic really isn't too far off of Connor Brown. Their trajectory and history has been very similar.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Haven't ever seen Johnson play before. Tough to judge what he can do from just a couple of highlight clips.

I voted for Harrington based on the expectation that I think he can crack the line-up this season.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Brandon Leipsic really isn't too far off of Connor Brown. Their trajectory and history has been very similar.

That's a good point. You could also argue Leipsic is a bit safer to make it as a depth player given his pest game. Brown is kind of a top six offensive catalyst or bust.

I still wasn't planning to vote for Leipsic for at least a few more picks, but now I'm not sure how to reconcile that with having voted for Brown at 4.

ChickenMcNugget

Jun 20, 2014
Ontario, CA
Valiev is also a really good prospect to consider. 2-way defenceman that went 0.9 ppg this year in the WHL, doubling his points from last year. Should be exciting to see what he can do in the AHL. :)

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Gauthier over Bracco??

Is this pool about NHL potential or probability?

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Does this mean that because Dermott was picked before Bracco that Dubas and Hunter believe Dermott is better and your opinion is wrong as well?

The post I was responding to:

Honestly I don't even believe Gauthier should be top 10, we have a lot of better guys in the system and he's barely progressed since his draft year.

I may rank Bracco higher than Dermott (could be different tomorrow, they're close), but to say Gauthier isn't even top 10 and hasn't progressed isn't fair to Gauthier. I was simply saying that Dubas, our AGM, is clearly happy with Gauthier's progress.

So yeah the poster I responded to was wrong.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Both and you can weigh each point however you see fit. This is a point I've been trying to make in every thread so far :laugh:

I should really make that a PSA in the OP. Vote whoever you want for whatever reason you want. This is just a popularity contest anyways.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
The post I was responding to:

I may rank Bracco higher than Dermott (could be different tomorrow, they're close), but to say Gauthier isn't even top 10 and hasn't progressed isn't fair to Gauthier. I was simply saying that Dubas, our AGM, is clearly happy with Gauthier's progress.

So yeah the poster I responded to was wrong.

Or Dubas is wrong... too early to tell. Not like Leafs Management have not made a mistake (FWIW I like the Goat too)

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
damn freddy made a comback he was behind by like 20 votes yesterday and now he has tied it with bracco

New interview with Dubas posted today where he praises the **** out of Gauthier, saying he is one of Sheldon and Babs favorites, and how they are going to push Goats to be more assertive offensively...

Also high praise for Loov... and Valiev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA