Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Even tho Im the biggest Brown fan on HF I'm gonna go with Kapanen cuz we're that deep

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
bibsvdo.jpg

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Don't vote with size in mind guys.

Bracco is our 3rd best prospect bar none. Brownie is so close that it kills me but it certainly is Bracco. Kapanen is 5th guys. Please don't think like Burke.

What does this even mean...

Brown isn't exactly 6'5, but he is sure as hell better than Bracco (as of today).

Anyway, heart says Brown, head says Kapanen. Went with heart.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Brown. Honestly though our prospect pool has never been this deep. Close call between Brown/Kapanen.

It's exciting times indeed. I can't wait till this time next year after another draft and trade deadline of acquiring picks and prospects to see where our prospect pool stands. :D

Last edited:

mikebel111*

Voted Kasper though its very close. I voted him because the skill and potential is better IMO
However I love Brown. He has top 6 skill and he showed it in his rookie season. A great prospect to have.

I think both will be very important for us

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Our pool is the deepest it's been in my lifetime but it's not great yet imo. This time next year if Nylander is still considered a prospect and a top 3 draft pick is added along with some guys on this list exceeding expectations this could be something great.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Hey fellow Leafs fans.

There is a poll on the general forums going on for the top organizational prospect rankings in the league.

The first three teams have been picked and now the Maple Leafs are in the running for 4th.

NYI currently leads with 31 votes, Leafs with 14.

We have a better prospect pool than NYI.

Vote!!

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1924967

The Coyotes most definitely have a better prospect pool than we do.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Hey fellow Leafs fans.

There is a poll on the general forums going on for the top organizational prospect rankings in the league.

The first three teams have been picked and now the Maple Leafs are in the running for 4th.

NYI currently leads with 31 votes, Leafs with 14.

We have a better prospect pool than NYI.

Vote!!

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1924967

Thanks for the reminder. Voted for Arizona

Connor Brown > Kasperi Kapanen IMO. Connor Brown has proven his worth at the OHL level and at the AHL level while Kapanen is a huge wild card, who's upside might not even be higher than Brown's

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
The Coyotes most definitely have a better prospect pool than we do.

You could argue that. I could also argue that Max Domi and Brendan Perlini are going to be disappointments and Arizona's depth isn't any better than ours.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
This one is very close. I will go with the higher potential player here. Kapanen's skating is elite, and he has good hands. Upside is a high end top 6 forward, like an elite 2nd liner IMO.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Connor Brown is the 49th rated prospect on HF Boards top 50 prospects. He and Nylander at present are the only 2 Leafs prospects that made the top 50 prospects list. He also led the Marlies in scoring as a rookie by 13 points. This one should not be close IMO.

Those lists are a joke, just a popularity contest.

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars

nothing to laugh about i would have to agree, we are just beginning our rebuild through the draft mentality, many of these teams adopted it years ago and have been following through expanding their pools by drafting well like NYI and winnipeg. Sometimes just take the homer glasses off for a second, I love the leafs as much as the next guy but there are 29 other teams doing business as well. Its not unlikely we won't be on top in the future but for now we are a top 10-15 prospect pool maybe pushing the top 10

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
You could argue that. I could also argue that Max Domi and Brendan Perlini are going to be disappointments and Arizona's depth isn't any better than ours.

I could also argue that Kapanen and Brown will be disappointments and Arizonas depth is better than ours.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Kapanen likely has to be a top 6 guy to be effective because he plays the perimeter and uses lots of skill, while Brown can grind it out in the corners and battles hard therefore could be a third line guy if need be, although both could be top 6 players that could change with added depth on the wings.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
What does this even mean...

Brown isn't exactly 6'5, but he is sure as hell better than Bracco (as of today).

Anyway, heart says Brown, head says Kapanen. Went with heart.

It means don't discount Bracco because he's 5'9" tall - the Burke reference is a joke - time to exercise that underused muscle of yours - humour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad