Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
It's close but I think Brown has just proven more at this point. Could change next year but so far Brown has been a very welcomed surprise.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'm giving it to Brown. He's continued to defy expectations and prove himself every step of the way. I'll give him the third spot based on what he's done.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I fully admit I'm not an expert when it comes to Kap. Since the trade I've watched what was available and read a lot of scouting. I'm not quite as high on him as some of you guys.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Kapanen. He's done similarly stats wise to nylander (smaller sample size in the AHL). Its neck in neck with Brown.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
This is a tight race between Brown and Kapanen. Tied at 44 at the time of this post. How exciting.

Like the 2015 draft, this list began at #3.

JimmyPower

Apr 25, 2007
It was a tough one but it came down to Bracco or Brown and I chose Brown. Bracco has so much upside though. As I said, it was tough

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
Kapanen: 21 P - 41 GP in SM Liiga / 2 P - 4 GP for Wilkes-Barre
Brown: 61 P - 76 GP for the Marlies

Brown has proved so much more at this time. He's gonna be sick.

TBH I don't even know why this is a competition. Brown should be #3, and Kapanen should be #4.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Don't vote with size in mind guys.

Bracco is our 3rd best prospect bar none. Brownie is so close that it kills me but it certainly is Bracco. Kapanen is 5th guys. Please don't think like Burke.

Gotta go with the Burke style bruiser that is Kasperi Kapanen.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Brown easily. You guys are falling victim to the shiny new prospect syndrome even though he's not all that shiny.

He has all the tools. He's 18 years old. Had some good stats in a few games in the A. He definitely has the higher ceiling.

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
Brown easily. You guys are falling victim to the shiny new prospect syndrome even though he's not all that shiny.

Thank you. Has no one seen Brown play before?

Like I said I don't even think it's a competition. Brown #3, Kapanen #4

He has all the tools. He's 18 years old. Had some good stats in a few games in the A. He definitely has the higher ceiling.

He's played four games in the A, that's it. Not even enough to see if he will transition to the North American game as we hope.

Watching Brown this year shows me that he's got a pretty damn high ceiling.

91Kadri91*

Yeah, that must be it; anyone who voted Kapanen must be oblivious to Brown's abilities! :sarcasm:

I watched more Marlies games, this season, than the majority of posters on this site, and I voted Kapanen. I think Brown is a very good prospect, but I don't think he has the potential that Kapanen possesses. Brown may become the better pro (it certainly wouldn't surprise me), but I'll take the prospect with the higher upside at this stage in their respective developments.

91Kadri91*

He's played four games in the A, that's it. Not even enough to see if he will transition to the North American game as we hope.

Watching Brown this year shows me that he's got a pretty damn high ceiling.

He's played 11, and has produced 7 points.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Brown may very well end up on the Leafs top Line one day.
And he'll always be the hardest worker. Intangibles. and so on...
Gotta be Brown.

I have Freddy the Puzzles at #4 though, not Kapanen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad