Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
I don't think he meant overachieved in a negative way. It's more of a way of complimenting Brown's accomplishments. He was taken late in his draft and has only worked extremely hard to be where he is at (including OHL scoring champion). So from where he was drafted and his initial projections, its accurate to state that he has overachieved. But this is a result of skill, hard work and determination.

Oh fair enough. Didn't quite think it through like that before I made the post lol.

No reason to think he wouldn't exceed everyone's expectations in the NHL then :handclap:

ChickenMcNugget

Jun 20, 2014
Ontario, CA
Brown for me, already proven point producer in the AHL, 2 way player, battles in the corners. Kapanen maybe has the potential to do more, but I'll take the proven commodity every time.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
It means don't discount Bracco because he's 5'9" tall - the Burke reference is a joke - time to exercise that underused muscle of yours - humour.

No one is discounting Bracco because he's small. And like I said Brown isn't exactly huge himself.

The fact of the matter is that, as of today, Brown and Kapanen are better than Bracco.

And as for the Burke reference, it wasn't funny so I didn't laugh. Maybe you should work on that "humour muscle" of yours.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Kapanen: 21 P - 41 GP in SM Liiga / 2 P - 4 GP for Wilkes-Barre
Brown: 61 P - 76 GP for the Marlies

Brown has proved so much more at this time. He's gonna be sick.

TBH I don't even know why this is a competition. Brown should be #3, and Kapanen should be #4.

And now compare their ages. Brown is 2 years, 6 months, and 9 days older than Kapanen. When Kapanen is Brown's age he'll likely be doing better than Brown is now, that is if he's still on the Marlies. Likely won't be. It's called potential and projecting, you shouldn't compare prospects based on what they've done this year when they're 2 and a half years apart.

If we did that we might come to the comclusion that Joseph Blandisi who put up 112 points in 68 games in the OHL at 20 years old is a better prospect than Logan Brown who only put up 43 in 56 games as a 16/17 year old. Yeah but that'd be stupid.

I agree- Brownie is ahead of Kapanen easily - my argument is Bracco WILL be better than both - he's our number three prospect but this board likes the latest thing.

So the guy who's picking Bracco who we got less than 2 weeks ago is calling people on liking the latest thing? And that's the reason we like the guy we got a week ago instead of the guy we got 2 weeks ago? How come we're not voting Harrington then? :laugh:

This board likes the latest thing will also be the reason that Brown who's been in the system for 3 years will be voted #4 over the new thing Bracco? Maybe it's you who likes the new thing? Or maybe everyone just has a different opinion?

Yeah, I guess everyone who doesn't share your opinion has to be wrong?

Bracco will be 5th, which is fine.

Last edited:

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
No one is discounting Bracco because he's small. And like I said Brown isn't exactly huge himself.

The fact of the matter is that, as of today, Brown and Kapanen are better than Bracco.

And as for the Burke reference, it wasn't funny so I didn't laugh. Maybe you should work on that "humour muscle" of yours.

People voted Marner first eventhough others (Brown, Harrington, Nylander etc) have proven more at a high level. This thing is so ridiculously subjective. The metrics are not followed player to player but just based off of mass speculation and favortism.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
It is possible that everyone who votes for KK don't vote for Brown. I for one am not sure yet if I do vote Brown next.

Umm, no, it's not possible, because I voted for KK, and I am voting Brown next :laugh:

And you really think 170 are all going to unanimously pick One player? It will be spread out, but the Brown voters, are obliviously keeping their vote the same, since you can't think he is #4, but not #5.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Isn't it possible that all the Brown voters will be abducted by aliens between votes? :sarcasm:

It's painfully obvious who'll be #4 but it was painfully obvious who was 1, 2 as well and those votes happened. There should be a quick poll for reference and move on.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Brown. Honestly though our prospect pool has never been this deep. Close call between Brown/Kapanen.

It's exciting times indeed. I can't wait till this time next year after another draft and trade deadline of acquiring picks and prospects to see where our prospect pool stands. :D

It's pretty much HF Leaf fan wet dream time. We actually have a prospect pool that won't be in the bottom 5 ! Can't wait to see the Hockey News team prospect rankings.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Isn't it possible that all the Brown voters will be abducted by aliens between votes? :sarcasm:

It's painfully obvious who'll be #4 but it was painfully obvious who was 1, 2 as well and those votes happened. There should be a quick poll for reference and move on.

This guy. He gets it.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Tough call...

So much of today's hockey is based on skating..so I choose Kapanen just to upset Simmons.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Umm, no, it's not possible, because I voted for KK, and I am voting Brown next :laugh:

And you really think 170 are all going to unanimously pick One player? It will be spread out, but the Brown voters, are obliviously keeping their vote the same, since you can't think he is #4, but not #5.

Ummm, yes it is, by its very definition, possible. Is it likely? No. But you don't know how everyone else is going to vote. How very egocentric of you to think so though.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
People voted Marner first eventhough others (Brown, Harrington, Nylander etc) have proven more at a high level. This thing is so ridiculously subjective. The metrics are not followed player to player but just based off of mass speculation and favortism.

You can't be serious....

Bracco is not even remotely comparable to Marner.

If you think Marner winning the first poll was because of favoritism, then I can't help you.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto

Yep, do the same thing at 4 as we did at 2.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Its got to be either Kapanen or Brown. Its hard to compare though because of their different paths.

But Brown was an OHL MVP, and the AHL's leading rookie scorer. He couldn't possibly have done any more so I'll have to go with him.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
You can't be serious....

Bracco is not even remotely comparable to Marner.

If you think Marner winning the first poll was because of favoritism, then I can't help you.

I can be serious, and I never compared the two. Try reading before insulting. Some people claim Connor Brown over Kapanen because of his play in the AHL regardless of age and high end skill. I'm simply saying the metric from person to person is flawed and different.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Of course they voted Marner 1st, he's the best prospect with only Nylander being in the same conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00