Prospect Info: 2015-2016 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Bouchard still not gaining any traction in the Q. At this point I doubt that he gets a pro contract from us.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ethan Bear with 2 goals tonight. He's PPG through 8 games this year. (2g 6a)

He wasn't as impressive as I hoped that he'd be at the rookie tournament, but his draft year highlights showed that he had a lot of skill and could really shoot the puck.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
drai is 5 GP, 0 G, 1 A, 1 P, -6... ouch... those are not exactly fantastic stats to say the least.... hopefully drai isn't pouting down there... really hard to tell anything without seeing the games though... its not time to panic regarding drai yet, but if those stats haven't turned around by january, it WILL be time, lol

nurse is 5 GP, 0 G, 1 A, 1 P, even... thats better, and not so bad considering the team is -7 goal differential so far in the season

oilz89*

drai is 5 GP, 0 G, 1 A, 1 P, -6... ouch... those are not exactly fantastic stats to say the least.... hopefully drai isn't pouting down there... really hard to tell anything without seeing the games though... its not time to panic regarding drai yet, but if those stats haven't turned around by january, it WILL be time, lol

nurse is 5 GP, 0 G, 1 A, 1 P, even... thats better, and not so bad considering the team is -7 goal differential so far in the season

He scored the game before yesterday... and he's been creating the most scoring chances of all the players..... He's been getting better every game... :help:

Aren't you who said McDavid would only get 10-15 goals or something? Yeah I don't think anyone's going to take your word for anything now since all you look at are stat sheets

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Ive said it before, but AHL will be the hardest test for LD. It is much less structured than NHL and much faster and physical than WHL. He looked great in NHL games because they had structure so he knew where to be, because his linemates covered their positions. AHL is very unorganized compared to NHL. LDs game is all about smart positioning so its hard for a player like that to play their game because of the choas

It took Nurse 4 or so games to adjust and will take Draisaitl 6 or 7. Remember the miracle boy Nylander took similar time.

We should see a big uptick in points from LD soon here. I dont take it as a knock on his play as we saw how good he was in NHL. Itll be a cause for concern if hes sub .800 ppg from here on out though

As for Nurse, most reports are that hes looking extremely good down there

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
The game on Saturday here in Bako was probably the BEST one we have seen in quite some time. Defense was great. Nikitin was calm cool and collective. He was able to clam everyone else down as well. He was paired with Nurse and those two were perfect.

San Diego was undefeated until Saturday. Eakins was going nuts on the bench most of the night. Bako was so fast that San Diego had to take stupid penalties to try to slow them down. In the third period Noeson form San Diego was pushed into LB and then he started punching him. The team got involved and it settled down.

Later one when the game was obviously over SD started a line brawl and
Bako answered with some very serious fighting. Kessey hit one guy square in the face and he went down like an anchor. When the fray was over 4 players forme ach side were thrown out and SD received a 5 minute major. When that expired they immediately took a 2 minute minor. Eakins was harassed all night and even the ref stopped talking to him.

When Drai scored his goal he looked like a kid on Christmas morning. He was shocked. After that he has stepped up and now he is seeable on the ice.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
The game on Saturday here in Bako was probably the BEST one we have seen in quite some time. Defense was great. Nikitin was calm cool and collective. He was able to clam everyone else down as well. He was paired with Nurse and those two were perfect.

San Diego was undefeated until Saturday. Eakins was going nuts on the bench most of the night. Bako was so fast that San Diego had to take stupid penalties to try to slow them down. In the third period Noeson form San Diego was pushed into LB and then he started punching him. The team got involved and it settled down.

Later one when the game was obviously over SD started a line brawl and
Bako answered with some very serious fighting. Kessey hit one guy square in the face and he went down like an anchor. When the fray was over 4 players forme ach side were thrown out and SD received a 5 minute major. When that expired they immediately took a 2 minute minor. Eakins was harassed all night and even the ref stopped talking to him.

When Drai scored his goal he looked like a kid on Christmas morning. He was shocked. After that he has stepped up and now he is seeable on the ice.

whaaaaaaaaa? lol

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
semi related update.

Bunz is out of hockey and selling cars now. Still looking for a pro deal but they are hard to come by

Wish the best for him and good for him to start a career in something else now. Still young and plenty of time ahead of him

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Former Oilers draft pick Erik Gustafsson got recalled by the Blackhawks today. Always felt he had some NHL potential, will be interesting to see how he does.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
semi related update.

Bunz is out of hockey and selling cars now. Still looking for a pro deal but they are hard to come by

Wish the best for him and good for him to start a career in something else now. Still young and plenty of time ahead of him

A guy like that can't find a job overseas at least?

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
I wonder why Hunt, who has 7 pts, doesn't move to wing. He will never make the big club as a D-man, but with his speed and offensive awareness, they should try him as a forward.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
A guy like that can't find a job overseas at least?

I don't think there is any shortage of goalies that were so bad they flamed out of the ECHL (a league worse than most of European leagues).

Maybe he could get a shot in South Korea along with Alex Plante.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't think there is any shortage of goalies that were so bad they flamed out of the ECHL (a league worse than most of European leagues).

Maybe he could get a shot in South Korea along with Alex Plante.

Pretty much, Bunz was awful at the pro level. Plante and Teubert were miles better as pro's than he was.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
So a lot of people(myself included) were worried about William Lagesson's decision to go to UMass due to their lack of success the last couple seasons, however it looks like they are improving as they've started the season 4-1-1. Lagesson himself has 2As and is +3 in 6 games.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So a lot of people(myself included) were worried about William Lagesson's decision to go to UMass due to their lack of success the last couple seasons, however it looks like they are improving as they've started the season 4-1-1. Lagesson himself has 2As and is +3 in 6 games.

I'm hoping he can have a Nurse-like impact in the World Juniors this year. Pretty optimistic I know but I'd love for one of our prospects to overachieve for once. Lagesson has the tools to be a really effective shutdown d-man, I'd be psyched if he could develop into a tough #4 guy and not just another bottom-pairing guy. We have too many of those already.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Caleb Jones with 9 points in 14 games and a +6 rating so far. That's about as good of a start as you could expect from him. If he can stay at that pace for the remainder of the season I'd be thrilled.

As noted, Ethan Bear and John Marino is doing quite well too. Bear being PPG and Marino having 7 points and and +2 rating in 11 games.

Ziyat Paigin has made his debut for his new KHL team HK Sochi and has 2 assist in 3 games.

Pretty much everyone of our picks is doing well (at least stats-wise) except for maybe Svoboda. Good stuff. If we had picked like this instead of overage BCHLers the past couple of years we might've actually had a couple of decent NHLers from beyond the 1st round by now. Really liked our picks on draft day, thought we got great value particularly with Jones and Bear but also with Marino and Paigin to a lesser extent and it looks like it's paying off so far. Chia/scouts made some good bets and that's all you can ask for.

Last edited:

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
Caleb Jones with 9 points in 14 games and a +6 rating so far. That's about as good of a start as you could expect from him. If he can stay at that pace for the remainder of the season I'd be thrilled.

As noted, Ethan Bear and John Marino is doing quite well too. Bear being PPG and Marino having 7 points and and +2 rating in 11 games.

Ziyat Paigin has made his debut for his new KHL team HK Sochi and has 2 assist in 3 games.

Pretty much everyone of our picks is doing well (at least stats-wise) except for maybe Svoboda. Good stuff. If we had picked like this instead of overage BCHLers the past couple of years we might've actually had a couple of decent NHLers from beyond the 1st round by now. Really liked our picks on draft day, thought we got great value particularly with Jones and Bear but also with Marino and Paigin to a lesser extent and it looks like it's paying off so far. Chia/scouts made some good bets and that's all you can ask for.

I agree, it would be great to give this new crew of scouts a full docket of picks to see how they would do! Nice to finally after years of frustration have guys in the system that might actually turn into something. Scouting is the life blood of an organization.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Scouting has been good, but I am of the thinking that scouting is throwing darts at a dart board. Except there is 2 dart boards, 1 for the good CHL/NCAA/USHL/Euro players and 1 for the obviously bad CHL/Euros/BCHL overagers. Oilers were throwing darts at the second board the past 3 years, and now throwing at the correct one, maybe getting lucky, maybe not

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
Scouting has been good, but I am of the thinking that scouting is throwing darts at a dart board. Except there is 2 dart boards, 1 for the good CHL/NCAA/USHL/Euro players and 1 for the obviously bad CHL/Euros/BCHL overagers. Oilers were throwing darts at the second board the past 3 years, and now throwing at the correct one, maybe getting lucky, maybe not

Scouting is an art and a knack, as well as science. Up until now we have had none of these attributes since the early Barry Fraser days. Its been a long drought! If we can start getting players in our system through the draft to compliment our talent that would be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad