Prospect Info: 2015-2016 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I'm with Jimmi. Time to let go. We have a pretty exciting young team here with new management. Time to focus on the positives for once.

That said, you can't have this list without Jesse Niinimaki. Good lord.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
ah the memories oiler4ever you just brought back. Steven Rice... sigh.

As for Schremp - i thought his skating was one of the major deficiencies that held him back?

For me it was Marc Pouliot. I thought he was decent in every skill needed, but injuries really hurt his development.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Schremp's biggest problem was indeed skating. Could do some damage at the AHL level, but no way at the NHL level. This is where a lot of prospects fall off. I remember a guy name Giroux who filled the net every year in the AHL, including for our farm team, but during his NHL chance, it was painfully obvious he couldn't keep up.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Schremp's biggest problem was indeed skating. Could do some damage at the AHL level, but no way at the NHL level. This is where a lot of prospects fall off. I remember a guy name Giroux who filled the net every year in the AHL, including for our farm team, but during his NHL chance, it was painfully obvious he couldn't keep up.

Alex Giroux. 704pts in 771 career AHL games but only got 48 games in the NHL. Crazy how guys can dominate so much at one level but just can't make the jump.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007

It's not like Schremp couldn't put up points at the NHL level. He did when he was called up, he just played offense only. Look at his stats, even in junior when he put up 145pts, he was +17. Connor McDavid last year put up 120 in the OHL but was +60.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Look Levielle with a goal tonight now has 4 goals and an assist in 4 games.

Not our prospect but he looked sokid in camp and could be a draft option for us.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Not a bad start in the USHL for Marino. 0-4-4 +4 in 2 games. Will be interesting to see him in the NCAA next year if he can put up some solid numbers this year. Pretty excited to see how some of our NCAA guys do this year. I think all 3 of Vesel, Muir and Campbell could have good years with Muir being an interesting one with his size. Also hoping that Lagesson can have a good rookie year and show some good 2-way upside to his game. If he can put up 15-20 points and be sound defensively I'd be pretty happy with that.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I'll start updating the stats regularly next week. Super, super busy this week out of nowhere.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
He's going back in the draft for next year I believe.

If the Oilers don't sign him. I'm under the impression that they have until the start of the season (whether the NHL's or their own, I'm not sure) to sign him. But it seems like if they wanted to, it would have been done already.

The Sharks signed, or will sign, Cavan Fitzgerald, whose QMJHL season is well underway.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
It's not like Schremp couldn't put up points at the NHL level. He did win a teamen he winns called up, he just played offense only. Look at his stats, even in junior when he put up 145pts, he was +17. Connor McDavid last year put up 120 in the OHL but was +60.

Thats a problem when juniorleuages in na doesnt educate defense and allow a one dimensionial prospect work only one way to win games. Must been a shock for shremp enter a nhl team and games.

his skating Is poor but had he been decent the other way then perhaps some team had afford to keep him In a nhl team.

He couldnt win a spot in khl and last year I saw him playing (or sitting as a extra guy) a couple of shift a night mostly they throwed him in at pp. At same time a guy like Omark dominates the khl as a firstliner that says much of shremps defensive awareness.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Thats a problem when juniorleuages in na doesnt educate defense and allow a one dimensionial prospect work only one way to win games. Must been a shock for shremp enter a nhl team and games.

his skating Is poor but had he been decent the other way then perhaps some team had afford to keep him In a nhl team.

He couldnt win a spot in khl and last year I saw him playing (or sitting as a extra guy) a couple of shift a night mostly they throwed him in at pp. At same time a guy like Omark dominates the khl as a firstliner that says much of shremps defensive awareness.
But that's what's exciting. If Junior hockey started playing the trap it would probably ruin a bunch of franchises. It's just unfortunate that Pro coaches can't find a way to coach/teach offense at the NHL level.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
But that's what's exciting. If Junior hockey started playing the trap it would probably ruin a bunch of franchises. It's just unfortunate that Pro coaches can't find a way to coach/teach offense at the NHL level.

There are junior franchises that play trap systems. Patrick Roy and Guy Boucher both ran that in the Q years ago.

There IS a happy medium between Jacques Lemaire and Dale Hunter.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I thought this was kind of funny: McCarron said. “Just a multitude of things, and the Canadian dollar is pretty low right and taking finance at Cornell, I kind of understand that. It was a few things and I talked to my brother at length about it and he understood too and he always wishes the best for me.â€

Does him and his cornell finance major realize contracts are paid in USD? LOL

thought that changed this year and contracts are paid in the currency of the city the play in

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Our russian giant Ziyat Paigin just got traded to HK Sochi. Didn't seem to get much time with Ak Bars Kazan and had to spend some time in VHL (similar to AHL I think). Hopefully he can be a regular in Sochi.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Our russian giant Ziyat Paigin just got traded to HK Sochi. Didn't seem to get much time with Ak Bars Kazan and had to spend some time in VHL (similar to AHL I think). Hopefully he can be a regular in Sochi.

Thanks for that. I hope that he gets playing time now.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Evan Campbell 1G 1A in a 3-0 opening night win against RPI. UMass-Lowell now ranked No. 9 in NCAA Div. 1.
Tyler Vessel 0G 0A in sweeping opening weekend series against 6th ranked Minnesota State-Mankato with 3-2 and 2-0 wins. He was +2 in 2-0 win. Nebraska-Omaha moves from No. 10 to No. 3.
William Lagesson 0G 1A in sweeping opening series against Colorado College 6-3, 4-3. Lagesson with an assist on tying goal in 3rd and 5 shots in come from behind 4-3 win. UMass-Amherst remains unranked.
Aidan Muir 0G 0A in a 3-2 win and 1-1 tie against Ferris State. He was -1 in second game but did log 3 shots in each game. Western Michigan remains unranked.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
There are no rosters on Norfolk's website or the ECHL website.

When does their season start?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Evan Campbell 1G 1A in a 3-0 opening night win against RPI. UMass-Lowell now ranked No. 9 in NCAA Div. 1.
Tyler Vessel 0G 0A in sweeping opening weekend series against 6th ranked Minnesota State-Mankato with 3-2 and 2-0 wins. He was +2 in 2-0 win. Nebraska-Omaha moves from No. 10 to No. 3.
William Lagesson 0G 1A in sweeping opening series against Colorado College 6-3, 4-3. Lagesson with an assist on tying goal in 3rd and 5 shots in come from behind 4-3 win. UMass-Amherst remains unranked.
Aidan Muir 0G 0A in a 3-2 win and 1-1 tie against Ferris State. He was -1 in second game but did log 3 shots in each game. Western Michigan remains unranked.

Nice thanks

Campbell will be an interesting follow. 27 points in 34 games last season, hopefully ppg this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad