Prospect Info: 2015-2016 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Platzer continuously elevates his offensive game when playing with better players. He's looked very good in every camp he's attended and had a nice couple games in OKC to close out last season.

I would not be surprised to find him surviving the hoard and playing in Bakersfield on merit.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Platzer is my favourite prospect outside of the big 3.

Best pick since Rieder. NHL tools. 2 years in the minors and he will be on the team. I do t think there is any question that he will play in Bakersfield this year.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Stylistically, Platzer reminds me of Jeff Carter. Two-way C/RW who has a hard and accurate wrister. I think he has the potential to be very effective 3rd liner in the NHL.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I've always compared Platzer to Kris Versteeg.

Nose for the net, can play anywhere in the lineup, solid two-way player,

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
Based on what? The only things that they share IMO are a slight frame and a wicked shot.

Don't hold my opinion as fact and I don't think impact wise he's the same but the way he positions himself, his depective wrist/snap shot and the way he moves(not as well), all are stylistically similar to nuge imo

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Don't hold my opinion as fact and I don't think impact wise he's the same but the way he positions himself, his depective wrist/snap shot and the way he moves(not as well), all are stylistically similar to nuge imo

Thanks for at least explaining your viewpoint. I disagree but as I have said I have higher hopes for him than I did in his first go around. He went from a guy with a very good shot to a good player with a very good shot.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I think it's going to be very hard for the Oilers to not have Draisaitl in the lineup to start the season. He is almost assuredly a top 9 forward on this team and his two way game is developed arguably better than many of the current Oilers.

Coaching and management may go status quo to start the season and consider waiver eligibility when they choose the starting roster... but from what I've seen of Draisaitl, I think he's ready for the NHL full time.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Draisaitl will need to be better at puck management though. IMO he was turning over too many passes in this tournament. Other than that I agree, he looks ready.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Draisaitl will need to be better at puck management though. IMO he was turning over too many passes in this tournament. Other than that I agree, he looks ready.

Add a little bit of structure and players who know where they should be on the ice as well as Draisaitl does and I think that problem is diminished a great deal.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton

I think he could play in the NHL on merit based on his ability, but do you think it's better for development in the big league or in the AHL? And do you think the wing to center to wing should be learned with the big team.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think he could play in the NHL on merit based on his ability, but do you think it's better for development in the big league or in the AHL? And do you think the wing to center to wing should be learned with the big team.

Honestly probaly NHL. This guy needs to learn NHL speed and size. Hell be really good in AHL but even thats slower than NHL.

A camp hes gunna impress

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
Honestly probaly NHL. This guy needs to learn NHL speed and size. Hell be really good in AHL but even thats slower than NHL.

A camp hes gunna impress

Interesting I agree on the matter that he could learn at the NHL but do you think it would be quicker if he go 10-30 games AHL to get use to the bigger size then the next 10-30 getting used to NHL speed and at around 60 games being fully adapted to both? Imo it'll take a full season in just the NHL to adapt to both size and speed simultaneously

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
Interesting I agree on the matter that he could learn at the NHL but do you think it would be quicker if he go 10-30 games AHL to get use to the bigger size then the next 10-30 getting used to NHL speed and at around 60 games being fully adapted to both? Imo it'll take a full season in just the NHL to adapt to both size and speed simultaneously

Never a bad thing to play abit in the A, Id keep him there for 10-15 games

McDeathbyCheerios*

Never a bad thing to play abit in the A, Id keep him there for 10-15 games
It depends on camp and the pre season games. If he comes in and looks great then you keep him up. If he is looking slow then you send him down.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm assuming they offered him an AHL deal and couldn't guarantee he wouldn't end up in the ECHL.

Bakersfield looks packed right now. He probably made the right choice.

McDeathbyCheerios*

http://fullcourtpress.cornellsun.com/2015/09/16/john-mccarron-penguins-oilers-cornell-hockey/

McCarron on feeling slighted by the Oilers

Got offered a deal but felt it was a lowball. Cant say I feel bad, didnt produce any offense and even better guys like Roy and Houck didnt get contracts. Plus Oilers got an influx of forwards on AHL deals
He sounds weird. Talks about he turned them down cause the offer was to low and now wants to make them regret not signing him?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm assuming they offered him an AHL deal and couldn't guarantee he wouldn't end up in the ECHL.

Bakersfield looks packed right now. He probably made the right choice.

Yeah that's how I would guess it shook down too. No way the Oilers were offering him an ELC, and if they did, no way he would have turned it down.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He sounds weird. Talks about he turned them down cause the offer was to low and now wants to make them regret not signing him?

Yeah. He admits it wasn't a good season for him and then in the same breath says he feels "disrespected" by the lower offer.

Can't have it both ways.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
McCarron is a 23 year old six round draft choice coming off a 12 points season in the NCAA. How can the Oilers disrespect him by offering any sort of contract? He'd be like 400th on the forward depth chart right now. Basically it is up to him to show that he deserves any consideration.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Seems like we have too many NHL forwards and D under contract so Nurse and LD should spend half a season in the minors.

The AHL will allow LD to work on faceoffs (he dominates in the WHL, but not with better comp), having less space and time in the pros (he wants to stay in one spot too often), and his skating - while getting as much ice time as possible. Let's not waste his talents on 3C/4C minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00