Prospect Info: 2015 199th overall - Joel Daccord (G) Cushing Academy [HIGH-MA]

Bilbo

Jul 22, 2011
Montreal
Murray's been consistent since the 9 game losing streak ended
Murray's last 8 games save percentage % are for me the definition of consistently inconsistent, alternating between good and bad. I felt more confident with Daccord last night than I have felt in any start Murray has had.
Date Team SV%
01-Marvs CGY0.964
27-Febvs CGY0.818
25-Febvs CGY0.967
23-Febvs MTL0.889
21-Febvs MTL0.938
18-Feb@ TOR0.769
17-Feb@ TOR0.929
11-Feb@ WPG0.8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
you guys really having some hot takes from one start.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
No, it's more a comment on Murray's play the last couple of years vs the potential Daccord's has been showing for the last couple of years.
Daccord doesn’t have an nhl track track record which is what matters . Hogberg looked good last year too. Let’s get daccord more starts and see what happens . Don’t think anyone can say with the information they have currently if we should protect one over the other. Making a decision off of a good start is kinda silly

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Daccord doesn’t have an nhl track track record which is what matters . Hogberg looked good last year too. Let’s get daccord more starts and see what happens . Don’t think anyone can say with the information they have currently if we should protect one over the other. Making a decision off of a good start is kinda silly

Definitely. But we should be getting a better look at Daccord for the rest of the year to see if this is typical play from him.

He looked good last night and deserves some more playing time.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I can say with certainty we should not protect Murray after looking objectively at his entire career. He is very inconsistent which is why I didn’t want to acquire him.

Reactions: cudi

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

Its human nature to be enamored with the mystery of 'potential'.

A lot of people feel they know what Murray and Hogberg are as goalies. Murray is an inconsistent starter and Hogberg is even more inconsistent as a back up (this year at least. You decide individually if thats fair or not).

Daccord has also always had a decently loud fan base. Doesn't surprise me to see these kinds of reactions after a very solid start.

I'd protect Daccord simply because I dont think Seattle touches Murrays contract with the other good options they'll be able to pick from in the goalie pool. Good chance they'd take Daccord because we really wont have many quality options to pick from.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I think Daccord has always been considered as having the higher upside. I think Hogberg gets exposed and will not be taken anyways

Reactions: Yak

odhiambo

Apr 12, 2009
We will probably loose Daccord in the expansion drat, only to see him go on and have a great career in Seattle.

Ottawa Senators management are too emotionally attached to some players. I can Dorion protecting Murray because thats who he traded for.

Instead, they should protect Daccord and take the calculated risk of exposing Murray.

Reactions: Yak and h2

h2

Mar 26, 2002
We will probably loose Daccord in the expansion drat, only to see him go on and have a great career in Seattle.

Ottawa Senators management are too emotionally attached to some players. I can Dorion protecting Murray because thats who he traded for.

Instead, they should protect Daccord and take the calculated risk of exposing Murray.

This is what I think will occur and for the same reasons you outlined.

Protecting Daccord makes too much sense it won't happen.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Please, Seattle isn't picking Daccord.

Yes, we might think he's trash, but Tierney is 100% a more attractive and likely target.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Wait to see how the season plays out if Murray is playing well for the rest of the way it will be hard to expose him. 2 time stanley cup winner who is playing well...Seattle will grab him quick

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Yes, we might think he's trash, but Tierney is 100% a more attractive and likely target.
Would we rather have Tierny or Daccord? Easily Daccord from my end, and I’d be surprised if Seattle wouldn’t have to at the very least mull over it.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think Daccord has always been considered as having the higher upside. I think Hogberg gets exposed and will not be taken anyways

You can only protect 1 goalie, Hogberg won't be protected no matter what happens and likely Daccord as well.

SensontheRush

Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Would we rather have Tierny or Daccord? Easily Daccord from my end, and I’d be surprised if Seattle wouldn’t have to at the very least mull over it.

100% we want Daccord over Tierney, but Tierney is a proven asset, and there are plenty of goalies to choose in the expansion draft.

If Seattle was operating in a Sens only vacuum, yes they'd pick Daccord, but they aren't. Better goalies are available and Tierney has more trade value. I'd argue Daccord has little, if any, at all. It just makes no sense for Seattle.

Reactions: Yak

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Murray's last 8 games save percentage % are for me the definition of consistently inconsistent, alternating between good and bad. I felt more confident with Daccord last night than I have felt in any start Murray has had.
Date Team SV%
01-Marvs CGY0.964
27-Febvs CGY0.818
25-Febvs CGY0.967
23-Febvs MTL0.889
21-Febvs MTL0.938
18-Feb@ TOR0.769
17-Feb@ TOR0.929
11-Feb@ WPG0.8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
When you look at individual game save percentage, other than that .769, most goalies are actually pretty similar. Not saying Murray has been amazing by any stretch, but that's just not a great way to look at things. Here's the last five of a few random goalies I just checked.

Fleury:

Varlamov:

Blackwood:

Helleybuck:

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Why not Dorion give a pick to Seattle to not take Daccord. Problem solve

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
He seems a much better puck handler than Murray and Hogberg, or at the very least much more confident

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

I see little reason to expose Tierney at this point.

My protected forwards would be Tkachuk, Batherson, White, Connor Brown, Paul, Tierney, X. I'd leave Watson and Dadonov exposed to meet the league requirements. The last spot can go to one of Brown or Abramov if they earn it, or an outside acquisition.

I think Daccord is a potential expansion casualty. There is no chance the Sens protect him over Murray.

SensontheRush

Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I see little reason to expose Tierney at this point.

My protected forwards would be Tkachuk, Batherson, White, Connor Brown, Paul, Tierney, X. I'd leave Watson and Dadonov exposed to meet the league requirements. The last spot can go to one of Brown or Abramov if they earn it, or an outside acquisition.

I think Daccord is a potential expansion casualty. There is no chance the Sens protect him over Murray.

No doubt in my mind Dadonov is protected over Tierney in the same way that Murray will assuredly be protected over Daccord.

I do realize you are giving your own personal list though. I think Formenton has to be protected as well.

Edit: and even with your list, no way Seattle passes on Daddy for Daccord. That's a legitimate top 6 player for them when the pickings will be few.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
No doubt in my mind Dadonov is protected over Tierney in the same way that Murray will assuredly be protected over Daccord.

I do realize you are giving your own personal list though. I think Formenton has to be protected as well.

Formenton is exempt.

Even if Dadonov is protected - which is possible - it doesn't necessarily squeeze Tierney out. If Logan Brown is traded it would be a trivial decision; they would never protect Abramov over Tierney. Of course in that case they would need to find another forward that meets the league mandated games played requirements. Dzingel with a 1-year extension maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: