Prospect Info: 2015 199th overall - Joel Daccord (G) Cushing Academy [HIGH-MA]

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hogberg played great to end last season too & looked very much like an NHL goalie. But you're right, I like everything about Daccord especially that he can handle the puck, we have had so many goalies who couldn't over the yrs. I do hope he runs with it, Ottawa desperately needs NHL goaltending.

Hogberg played okay, he played like he might have a future in the NHL, at least good enough to have another look. Unfortunate how things have gone this year for him I know he can be better than he has been but he's never been my cup of tea. Daccord just has a calming presence and inspires confidence just from a viewing perspective. The puck handling is a nice bonus, the defensemen will have to make an adjustment and make themselves an option rather than going to get the puck.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Good for him but let's see the rest of the season & next yr before we crown him the starter, remember the Hambugler had a good run too. But I hope he runs with it.

We've been hurt by goalies too many times as Sens fans so I hear ya. :cry:

But I like his demeanor in the net and his positioning seems spot on for the most part. He's looking like a player to me.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hogberg played okay, he played like he might have a future in the NHL, at least good enough to have another look. Unfortunate how things have gone this year for him I know he can be better than he has been but he's never been my cup of tea. Daccord just has a calming presence and inspires confidence just from a viewing perspective. The puck handling is a nice bonus, the defensemen will have to make an adjustment and make themselves an option rather than going to get the puck.
Agreed, though if the Leafs would have put it in those open nets we could be having a different conversation although the Sens missed a couple of open nets too.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Looking forward to seeing more solid games from him. May Murray take his sweet arse time with his recovery so he comes back at 100%

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I have done some searching but doesn't look like any updates on this guy?

It looked pretty bad but hoping for a Dzingel/White style injury...

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
That poor kid...granted an opportunity and was looking good to take advantage of if and then this. Hope for a speedy recovery and no lasting issues.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
High ankle sprain?

That was my thought

That might be better than his ACL, it looked like he grabbed his knee when he was lying on his side & made that last save. Hopefully it's neither, he was looking good in net & I think everyone was feeling better about the goaltending since he's been called up.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Watch Murray be out long term too, really get to see what Gustavsson and Mandolese (and Forsberg) are made of

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00