Prospect Info: 2015 199th overall - Joel Daccord (G) Cushing Academy [HIGH-MA]

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Interesting that he's drafted by the Saint John Sea Dogs. I wonder if the organization will push for him to go the Q to play behind Chabot and the other great defensemen on the Sea Dogs.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Why do you bother posting?

A modern battlefly style goalie [butterfly/hybrid mix] who displays elite-level positioning and athleticism. Has very good size for a goaltender; paired with his positioning, he can be very difficult to beat. An impressive skater who handles and plays the puck proficiently; in general, uses the goal stick actively. Quick to realize when to take a whistle and cover up, and when it'd be a better idea to play the puck up-ice. When reacting to a save, his form is impeccable: smooth transition to the butterfly position, square to the shooter, shoulders up, glove hand up and out, tight blocker angle, and goal stick covering any inlets to the five-hole. All-in-all an athletic goaltender that knows how to shut the door and elevate his level of play; as a result, Joey Daccord gives his team a chance to win every night. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

Has drawn comparisons from scouts to NHL goaltender Cory Schneider. His father, Brian Daccord, is the president and founder of Stop It Goaltending. [EP] - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248377#sthash.80GEOexb.dpuf

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

A modern battlefly style goalie [butterfly/hybrid mix] who displays elite-level positioning and athleticism. Has very good size for a goaltender; paired with his positioning, he can be very difficult to beat. An impressive skater who handles and plays the puck proficiently; in general, uses the goal stick actively. Quick to realize when to take a whistle and cover up, and when it'd be a better idea to play the puck up-ice. When reacting to a save, his form is impeccable: smooth transition to the butterfly position, square to the shooter, shoulders up, glove hand up and out, tight blocker angle, and goal stick covering any inlets to the five-hole. All-in-all an athletic goaltender that knows how to shut the door and elevate his level of play; as a result, Joey Daccord gives his team a chance to win every night. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

Has drawn comparisons from scouts to NHL goaltender Cory Schneider. His father, Brian Daccord, is the president and founder of Stop It Goaltending. [EP] - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248377#sthash.80GEOexb.dpuf

Can't wait

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Love taking a flyer on goalies with late picks, so from that perspective I like the pick. Know less than nothing about the kid, but Cushing is a solid prep school who have churned out some NHLers. Would be interesting to see him jump to the Q.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Hyerpole much? He sounds like the perfect goalie :laugh:

From watching the video, his reflexes really standout.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Is Arizona State a D1 program?

They will be as of 2016-2017. If I remember correctly their first official D1 game is in January 2016 against some team from the North East.

Gives me an excuse to watch Arizona State games, interested to see them make the move to D1 hockey!

BRayne

May 5, 2011
They will be as of 2016-2017. If I remember correctly their first official D1 game is in January 2016 against some team from the North East.

Gives me an excuse to watch Arizona State games, interested to see them make the move to D1 hockey!

First home D1 game will be January 5th 2016 against UConn. They will play several other D1 teams on the road this upcoming college season in a hybrid schedule between D1/ACHA/D3/CIS teams though. Daccord won't be joining the team until the 2016-2017 season when the team will have a completely D1 schedule.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Are there any other notable players attending Arizona? Is he likely going to be on a poor team?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yeah, looked like he has some great reflexes. Technique needs to be polished a ton, but that's why goalies are late bloomers to begin with.

Agreed. He seems to have a good foundation set and could just improve and work on the different areas instead of missing big fundamentals to his style/game which other goalies normally have.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Speaks very highly of White too. Emphasizes the illnesses and he could put up more offense. "Can you smell Frank Selke"

That reminds me.... White reminds me exactly of O'Reilly.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I really liked Daccord heading into the draft. Optimal size, great work ethic, very good numbers last year, and very good technical game. Also shot up the draft rankings this season.

Arizona is likely to be not the most competitive team so he'll be seeing a lot of shots. Should be the starter there right away, but next year will be heading to the USHL which is the ideal next step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->