Prospect Info: 2015 199th overall - Joel Daccord (G) Cushing Academy [HIGH-MA]

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
I thought Daccord was very solid last night. Very confident in the net and seemed to always know where the puck was, even in traffic. Really liked his game.

Reactions: NyQuil and DJB

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
His style and the way he looked in the net actually reminded me of Curtis "CuJo" Joseph.

Both smaller but super athletic goalies who were very involved and intense in the net.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The biggest thing I noticed is that he is very composed.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Daccord looks like quite the puckhandler....This could be a nice feature to his game,but the defense has to be aware of this and communicate with him

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Very happy with Daccord's game. He doesn't take a lot of space in the net but he is very quick, agile and has good reflexes. He's agressive and battles a lot. My goaltending style is actually similar to him, without the puckhandling activity lol. He goes out of the net at every occasion because he is very confident in this aspect of his game.

Even if our defense is very far from perfect, it's still miles better than what I saw in Belleville. I think I still have nightmares about it. We didn't play that bad yesterday, it was actually a very close game, but Daccord was solid when the team needed

Wonder what could have been if Gudbranson didn't screw up 3 times in a very short period of time.

Looked pretty good for a prospect this board ranked 14th. I'd like to see him get a few more starts.

Likely 11th now with Batherson and Brannstrom graduating. Balcers gone as well. Or even 9th if you also consider Norris/Stutzle as graduated.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I won’t breakdown goalie world because I have no clue but I can say this...he looks totally comfortable, and seems just...sharp - and that makes me feel very comfortable.

Reactions: Boud and GCK

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’m not a goalie scout, but to my untrained eye, Joey looks very composed, uses his athleticism well but doesn’t rely on it as he also positions himself well. I think he will need to be protected in the Seattle expansion draft since he would be ideal for them compared to the other options we will make available.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Bilbo

Jul 22, 2011
Montreal
Agree with others Daccord looked very solid last night. Also he looked very confident and effective handling the puck which would REALLY help our less skilled puck handling defensemen.

Which goalies are exempt from the expansion draft?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Agree with others Daccord looked very solid last night. Also he looked very confident and effective handling the puck which would REALLY help our less skilled puck handling defensemen.

Only Mandolese.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Mandolese and Soogard I think.

Hogberg, Gustavsson, Daccord and Murray are eligible IIRC.

Kinda depends on how Murray plays for the rest of the season, and I doubt the team wants to risk going with Daccord and another rookie, but I would consider protecting Daccord. If there are other good options in net for Seattle from other teams it might be worth it to protect Daccord instead.

Bilbo

Jul 22, 2011
Montreal
The Sens should, but probably will not, protect Daccord instead of Murray especially if Murray continues being consistently inconsistent. I doubt the Kraken would take that contract on even if Murray turns it around and plays well the rest of the year.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Man, does it ever feel good to know a goalie is going to make the easy save

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I know it's only one game, but he looked super solid. He might have stolen Hog's job.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
The Sens should, but probably will not, protect Daccord instead of Murray especially if Murray continues being consistently inconsistent. I doubt the Kraken would take that contract on even if Murray turns it around and plays well the rest of the year.

Daccord is the one piece I've been worried about losing for the last year in the upcoming expansion draft. I would protect him over Murray without hesitation. I think he's actually the goalie of the future here, you can't let that go. Agreed that Seattle probably doesn't even touch an unprotected Murray. I think we're probably losing Chris Tierney or Logan Brown if Daccord is protected, which is fine.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Murray's been consistent since the 9 game losing streak ended

Quackenator

Mar 6, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa
Daccord is the one piece I've been worried about losing for the last year in the upcoming expansion draft. I would protect him over Murray without hesitation. I think he's actually the goalie of the future here, you can't let that go. Agreed that Seattle probably doesn't even touch an unprotected Murray. I think we're probably losing Chris Tierney or Logan Brown if Daccord is protected, which is fine.
Future Seattle fan coming in peace. I've been following daccord for a bit in one of my keeper leagues and am expecting great things from this kid. Crossing my fingers you guys dont protect him and he gets picked by the kraken.

Reactions: h2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad