Prospect Info: 2015-16 Rangers Prospects Thread Part III (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.28.16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I know Sean Avery has been named as a comparable player for Kovacs, but does anyone else see potential for him to be a Marchand-esque player?

Yeah, but with European players there is always a bit of a mystery as to how their agitating game will transform to NA if at all. Some just completely put that side away, others keep going like usual. We had Jamtin in HFD, he never got under anyone's skin. Someone like Komarov have kept it up in Toronto.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Our old buddy Petr Zamorsky has 13 points (4+9) in 24 SHL games with Orebro. Wish he stuck around.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah, but with European players there is always a bit of a mystery as to how their agitating game will transform to NA if at all. Some just completely put that side away, others keep going like usual. We had Jamtin in HFD, he never got under anyone's skin. Someone like Komarov have kept it up in Toronto.

I'd love another Ruutu with some more offense

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Fogarty just his 10th of the year to bring ND within a goal of BU with 57 secs left game is on NBcSN

Big kid

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Fogarty is exactly the kind of player this team needs to add in the bottom-6.

Fogarty and Nieves will get contracts, I think.

They should let the following guys go:

Noreau
St. Croix
Tarnasky
Kantor
Gibbons
Nicholls

Then sign a bunch of NCAA free agents. Just get a handful and see who makes it.

Lynch, Denham (RM), Vesey (Harvard), Kossila & Prow (St Cloud), Oksanen and O'Regan (Boston uni) are players I would be interested in to join the organization.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Skates like luc robitaille though from what I saw hope I'm wrong there but very ugly

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Fogarty's first close up was within one minute of NBCSN bcast of ND v BU. Grzelcyk then Fogarty. Big star, he must be?

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Fogarty and Nieves will get contracts, I think.

They should let the following guys go:

Noreau
St. Croix
Tarnasky
Kantor
Gibbons
Nicholls

Then sign a bunch of NCAA free agents. Just get a handful and see who makes it.

Lynch, Denham (RM), Vesey (Harvard), Kossila & Prow (St Cloud), Oksanen and O'Regan (Boston uni) are players I would be interested in to join the organization.

Fogarty, Nieves, Butcher should definitely get contracts. I would not, however, bring in Gropp. He's better off staying for an overager Junior season. Mantha will probably be signed, but will go to the ECHL, at least to start the season.

I'd re-up Hrivik, Jensen, Bourque, Hughes. All still have a chance, some greater than others, to play in the NHL and if not, they are useful in the AHL. They may choose to try their luck elsewhere, however. I could see re-signing Paille. Megna can definitely stay if he wants to.

I'd go with other vets over Gibbons, Adam, Lindblad. I'd like someone high scoring because the Pack really can't score this year with these guys.

I would re-sign Tarnasky if he wants to stay on an AHL deal. He's never sniffing the NHL again, so he should be willing to do that unless he's delusional. At this point, he's an AHL 4th liner, as likely to wear an NHL sweater as I am. Same for Summers: AHL contract only or he can leave. Desjardins is presumably gone.

Bodie, Noreau, Nicholls, Kantor, McCarthy, St. Croix are busts who need to go play in the ECHL or on another AHL squad.

F: Megna, Hrivik, Rambo, Nehring (AHL contract), Jensen, Ryan, Paille, Nieves, Fogarty, Tarnasky (should be on an AHL contract). That's 10 forwards. Add 2-3 high scoring guys like Chris Bourque, and a few guys on AHL contracts and the team can be solid.

G: Hellberg, Skapski, Halverson in the net should be solid. Hellberg is good for the AHL, and either Halvy or more likely Skapski should win the other spot.

D: Skjei, Graves, Hughes, Calle are a decent start, but would need to bring in at least two high quality AHL vets since either Graves or Skjei is likely to spend significant time in the NHL next year.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Fogarty, Nieves, Butcher should definitely get contracts. I would not, however, bring in Gropp. He's better off staying for an overager Junior season. Mantha will probably be signed, but will go to the ECHL, at least to start the season.

I'd re-up Hrivik, Jensen, Bourque, Hughes. All still have a chance, some greater than others, to play in the NHL and if not, they are useful in the AHL. They may choose to try their luck elsewhere, however. I could see re-signing Paille. Megna can definitely stay if he wants to.

I'd go with other vets over Gibbons, Adam, Lindblad. I'd like someone high scoring because the Pack really can't score this year with these guys.

I would re-sign Tarnasky if he wants to stay on an AHL deal. He's never sniffing the NHL again, so he should be willing to do that unless he's delusional. At this point, he's an AHL 4th liner, as likely to wear an NHL sweater as I am. Same for Summers: AHL contract only or he can leave. Desjardins is presumably gone.

Bodie, Noreau, Nicholls, Kantor, McCarthy, St. Croix are busts who need to go play in the ECHL or on another AHL squad.

F: Megna, Hrivik, Rambo, Nehring (AHL contract), Jensen, Ryan, Paille, Nieves, Fogarty, Tarnasky (should be on an AHL contract). That's 10 forwards. Add 2-3 high scoring guys like Chris Bourque, and a few guys on AHL contracts and the team can be solid.

G: Hellberg, Skapski, Halverson in the net should be solid. Hellberg is good for the AHL, and either Halvy or more likely Skapski should win the other spot.

D: Skjei, Graves, Hughes, Calle are a decent start, but would need to bring in at least two high quality AHL vets since either Graves or Skjei is likely to spend significant time in the NHL next year.

That's a very good plan IMO. A couple quibbles.

Bodie lacks size and probably will never be an NHL player but he does add some offense to the Wolfpack blueline and just going by his +/- this year it would seem his defending has improved. I'd have no problem bringing him back.

McCarthy's managed to stay with the Pack all season long and as the season has evolved--he's contributed more offensively. At his age it's doubtful though that he'll ever be an NHL player. I could see cutting him loose but IMO he's not a bust in the sense that the St. Croix's, Nicholls, Noreau's are.

Tarnasky's actually had a good season for what he does. 13 goals (tied for second on the team) and the occasional bit of enforcement.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm all for blowing it up in the summer and getting back some youth.

I'd also look into signing Jimmy Vesey for free. *By free, I mean free of assets. Obviously he'll get $$"

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Don't disagree on Fogarty's skating being ugly.

Let that be a lesson to all the kiddos out there. You can always get better.

Fogarty was pretty handily the best skater on his Edina HS team in MN. And the MN HS league is BY FAR the best HS league in the US - especially for skating. These kids have free outdoor ice 4+ months a year. The town parks have rinks with boards and nets, and they flood them every night for a clean sheet. Skate for free every day...that is how you become an elite skater. Skjei, McDonagh are proof of this.

Just fascinating how skills ramp up as you advance to a new stage.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Just five more regular season games

Assat is tied for 11th. Top ten teams make the playoffs. Five points behind 10th but they have played two less games.

http://liiga.fi/tilastot/2015-2016/runkosarja/joukkueet/

Play-offs: The six best teams at the conclusion of regular season proceed directly to quarter-finals. Teams placing between seventh and tenth (inclusive) will play preliminary play-offs best-out-of-three – the two winners take the last two slots to quarter-finals. Starting from the season 2007–2008 all series since then are best-of-seven. Losers of the semi-finals play a bronze medal match. Teams are paired up for each round according to regular season results, so that the highest-ranking team will play against the lowest-ranking, second highest against the second lowest, and so on. Higher-ranking teams play the first match at home, then by turns away, home, away, etc. Each play-off match consists of a 60-minute regulation time which in the event of a tie is followed by extra 20-minute periods of sudden death overtime, in which the first team to score wins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liiga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA