Confirmed with Link: Wasserman agent Chris Armstrong joining front office

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Hopefully this 100% kosher for BA and not an SEG Powerplay to insert an unwanted presence over BA in hockey Ops. The one thing that needs to be preserved is hockey ops.
So what you’re saying is - essentially - you hope Armstrong isn’t being strong-armed into hiring Armstrong & that this is just a strong move to arm Armstrong(s) with an army of strong staff members, correct?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Man I hope this didn’t turn into SEG guys vs BA guys.
Here’s what I’m seeing on Ray Whitney’s EP staff profile:

IMG_0976.jpeg

BA and his staff is mostly guys who worked their way up from the bottom to the top by proving themselves worthy after each painstaking step over years and decades. Guy who had to grind for everything. And got only what they could earn through merit.

I worry if the culture of hockey ops is forcibly changed from the outside by a newcomer to hockey, it could have disastrous consequences.

If BA is expected to report to a guy who’s mostly in this position because he was a really good player and kept really good, strategic golfing buddies after retirement, that could be a big problem.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Hopefully he's just really good at his position. Slow grinders are most often not well suited for leadership positions. Just trying to see the silver lining:)

Reactions: Summer Rose

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Don't forget Whitney currently works for Player Safety. Others like Brendan Shanahan and Rob Blake have previously worked in that office.

BA has talked many times about how in St. Louis there were lots of guys in the room to bounce ideas off of, like Al MacInnis, Larry Robinson, Keith Tkachuk, Marty Brodeur...

We sort of have that now, with John Ferguson and Larry Pleau ... and that's kind of it.

Hopefully that's what this is, where Ray Whitney is just one more voice in the room.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Don't forget Whitney currently works for Player Safety. Others like Brendan Shanahan and Rob Blake have previously worked in that office.

BA has talked many times about how in St. Louis there were lots of guys in the room to bounce ideas off of, like Al MacInnis, Larry Robinson, Keith Tkachuk, Marty Brodeur...

We sort of have that now, with John Ferguson and Larry Pleau ... and that's kind of it.

Hopefully that's what this is, where Ray Whitney is just one more voice in the room.
I hope so. That sounds great.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Here’s what I’m seeing on Ray Whitney’s EP staff profile:

View attachment 869979

BA and his staff is mostly guys who worked their way up from the bottom to the top by proving themselves worthy after each painstaking step over years and decades. Guy who had to grind for everything. And got only what they could earn through merit.

I worry if the culture of hockey ops is forcibly changed from the outside by a newcomer to hockey, it could have disastrous consequences.

If BA is expected to report to a guy who’s mostly in this position because he was a really good player and kept really good, strategic golfing buddies after retirement, that could be a big problem.
I think in the hockey ops, BA is the guy , meaning if someone is hiring Whitney, it is likely BA..

As far as Armstrong that sounds like a SEG hiring

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad