Prospect Info: 2014 NHL Draft / Pick #118 - Igor Shestyorkin (G) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Kind of interested to see how well he does coming over. Samsonov took awhile to get up to speed at the AHL level, but he's younger and perhaps had more to work on. Shesty is older and maybe more polished, but I could still see him with some struggles early on until he finds his groove

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Kind of interested to see how well he does coming over. Samsonov took awhile to get up to speed at the AHL level, but he's younger and perhaps had more to work on. Shesty is older and maybe more polished, but I could still see him with some struggles early on until he finds his groove
These are good points, however I've been assured by a few posters that there's absolutely no way Shesterkin spends even a day in Hartford. :rolleyes:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think the confusion is that "e" is the letter in Cyrillic that produces the "yo" sound, but it sounds like "yo".

It's not "е", but "ё". This ё letter (which is used in Shesterkin's name) is usually written as just e. I work for two sites, and on one site there is a rule we use ё as е, on the another one we use ё as ё. Most Russians write (type) ё as е.

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's not "е", but "ё". This ё letter (which is used in Shesterkin's name) is usually written as just e. I work for two sites, and on one site there is a rule we use ё as е, on the another one we use ё as ё. Most Russians write (type) ё as е.

I know all of this, but there's not "ё" letter in English.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yahoo sports Ryan Lambert has never heard of this bum lol

Yahoo Sports :laugh:

giphy.gif

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Wow, talk about a slap in the face. In a nothing game they couldn't give him a shot to break the record. It will be a good day when he walks away from that team.

Might have very well been his last game a couple days ago since it's almost a given he will not be starting in the playoffs.

Reactions: haveandare

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Wow, talk about a slap in the face. In a nothing game they couldn't give him a shot to break the record. It will be a good day when he walks away from that team.

Might have very well been his last game a couple days ago since it's almost a given he will not be starting in the playoffs.
Not worth the aggravation. He's halfway out the door and has ridiculous numbers already. Imagine he got injured trying to break the record....lol. And he will almost assuredly be over in some way shape or form next season anyway, appreciate the small victories my friend.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Even though it's the teams fault for not scoring a goal, this was probably his last game with Ska. No doubt they go with Hellberg next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad