Prospect Info: 2014 NHL Draft / Pick #118 - Igor Shestyorkin (G) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The greatest part? If you can get Lundqvist-like production on a ELC...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Worst start of the season so far statistically. Sometimes its hard for a goalie when they have a game where they hardly face any shots.

Its one game, and I think its unrealistic to expect him to have such great concentration that he can post shutouts so regularly. Putting up good SV%'s on a consistent basis is what I'd like to see.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
An interesting x factor for this goalie prospect is we don't know based on his KHL workload what his stamina is. He could be a Brodeur 74 game goalie or Tim Thomas who needed a nap every third game to stay successful.

Reps for goalies matter in today's NHL, especially when starters begin to get 100% starts in the playoffs.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Worst start of the season so far statistically. Sometimes its hard for a goalie when they have a game where they hardly face any shots.

Its one game, and I think its unrealistic to expect him to have such great concentration that he can post shutouts so regularly. Putting up good SV%'s on a consistent basis is what I'd like to see.

What do you mean?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
One of the challenges is that Shesterkin has set the bar so incredibly high with his numbers, that at some point they're going to be impossible to top.

I'm not particularly worried about him being on a loaded team. His experiences outside of those settings has been solid, and the truth is that what he's done is about as close to the pinnacle of what you can do outside of the NHL.

He's a prospect, so there's always the element of the unknown, but he's done about all anyone can ask.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
One of the challenges is that Shesterkin has set the bar so incredibly high with his numbers, that at some point they're going to be impossible to top.

I'm not particularly worried about him being on a loaded team. His experiences outside of those settings has been solid, and the truth is that what he's done is about as close to the pinnacle of what you can do outside of the NHL.

He's a prospect, so there's always the element of the unknown, but he's done about all anyone can ask.

I thought that was the case going into this season from last year when his numbers were pristine in their own right.

This year's SKA is not as far apart from the rest of the KHL as was the case last year but somehow Shesterkin was able to raise his standard yet again.

As I saw a couple of proposals that included Shesterkin, I agree with the position that as a project he is worth more to the Rangers organization to whatever value he would bring in a trade.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Shesterkin is in the net today for a big KHL (West - East) game SKA vs Salavat Ulaev.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
For context he made the initial save and it took a fluke bounce off of the forehead of the player in the paint and went in to hand Shesty his first loss. Just an absolute trash accidental goal, so not at all his fault

Haha, just found the video...that is just bad luck!

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Did that puck go off the skate, initially? Either way, there's absolutely no reason to kick your skate out like that.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Did that puck go off the skate, initially? Either way, there's absolutely no reason to kick your skate out like that.
Too close to tell. Almost looks like it grazes Zub's skate. Didn't look like it changed trajectory.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Game in about an hour. They haven't posted lineups.

Tretiak's kid is the backup for the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad