Injury Report: 2014 Injury Updates | Malkin Skates and Lives To Tell the Tale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
« 10.16.14 | Game Day v. DAL »
« Dupuis Updates »

Replay:
[NHL]645534[/NHL]

#Pens coach Johnston said Dupuis had numbness in his arm but the feeling was coming back, so that's positive. No more info at this time. @penguins

Brandon Sutter said Pascal Dupuis was talking to teammates on the ice. @Mackey_Trib

Johnston on Dupuis: "I don’t have any more information from the trainers other than he said he had some numbness in his arm." @Mackey_Trib

More Johnston: "I’m sure they’re doing a lot of tests on him right now." @Mackey_Trib

Pascal Dupuis is in a Pittsburgh hospital. He's awake and doing more tests. #penguins #tvasports @renlavoietva

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Dupuis was looking like his old self too, sucks to see him get hurt but hopefully it's just one of those "stinger" type of injuries where he's DTD.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Nice! I was hoping it was going to be one of those situations where a player is taken off the ice and ends up being (relatively) fine shortly afterwards.

Yeah, I remember that happening to Steelers linebacker James Harrison many years ago. He got carted off the field but it was mostly a precautionary thing and he wound up being fine.

penguins2946*

I don't think Dupuis will be playing tomorrow, but it's good to see that he's skating already.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Spectacular news!

I held out hope that this would turn out to be minor but it's hard to be optimistic given our team's injury luck.

My preliminary guess is that he went numb from a stinger so the medical team took no chances by treating it as a potential serious spinal injury. But it's entirely possible that it was nothing more than that (a stinger) and that he'll be suiting up in the next couple of games.

Great stuff!!!

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Good news for you guys. We had a similar thing happen to Gorges many years ago and it was more of a scare than actual injury. He probably felt really dizzy and his head hurt a bit, but most of the shock was probably absorbed by the helmet.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Good news for you guys. We had a similar thing happen to Gorges many years ago and it was more of a scare than actual injury. He probably felt really dizzy and his head hurt a bit, but most of the shock was probably absorbed by the helmet.

Puck seemed to hit him in the back of the neck, so we expected the worst.

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
Really happy for Dupuis that it doesn't sound that serious. As much as we ***** about him as a first liner, he's great for the team and a fantastic third liner.

He looked utterly heartbroken last year when he couldn't play.

Best of luck, Pascal!

Last edited:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
First post is updated ...

#Pens Coach Johnston on Dupuis: Looked fine this morning. Cleared by medical staff. Just doing precautionary tests on the ice. @penguins

More Coach Johnston on Dupuis: Shot on the back of the neck. All signs are real positive this morning #Pens @penguins

Johnston says decision on whether Dupuis will play Saturday night won't be made until after game-day skate. @MolinariPG

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Amazing that he even took the ice. He was probably hit where there was zero padding. That's ****ing amazing.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I figured it was more of a "stinger" type of injury, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sitting for Tomorrow's game.

I do hate the stupid long breaks though, after the Isles game, the Pens have 3 days off...NHL schedule makers suck.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I figured it was more of a "stinger" type of injury, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sitting for Tomorrow's game.

I do hate the stupid long breaks though, after the Isles game, the Pens have 3 days off...NHL schedule makers suck.

They have 3 in 4 after that I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad