Injury Report: 2014 Injury Updates | Malkin Skates and Lives To Tell the Tale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Th beat writers said that Dupuis tested his neck and moved it back and forth while skating today. Did the crosscheck hit him so high?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What I thought i saw was the cross check hit him.. caught him offguard and it looked like his head awkwardly went into the ice. That's what I thought originally did him in. The puck to the back must have equally hurt, though. I bet he has one wicked bruise.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Th beat writers said that Dupuis tested his neck and moved it back and forth while skating today. Did the crosscheck hit him so high?

Whiplash from the crosscheck
Might have hit head going down
Takes puck to the upper back

If there was problem with his neck, it's likely from what happened with the crosscheck

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Whiplash from the crosscheck
Might have hit head going down
Takes puck to the upper back

If there was problem with his neck, it's likely from what happened with the crosscheck

Since there is a picture of the puck hitting the back of his neck, plus the team talking about the puck being the cause, I'm going with that.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
9HlX5JF.png

gICgTVc.png

YLocNQe.png

This is some good news for today.
If we can just hold tight and nobody else gets injured than we can see what MJ really feels about Craig Adams.

Last edited:

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
@penguins
Coach Johnston says Bortuzzo should be starting back at practice next week and Bennett will be another week to 10 days.

penguins2946*

that's just practicing, not games. But even just being on schedule would be an improvement for BB :laugh:

If he starts practicing on the 28th (latest), he should be ready to go around a week or so later I'd guess (so on the 4th). That's a little ahead of schedule, I wasn't expecting him to be ready until the 10th or so.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If he starts practicing on the 28th (latest), he should be ready to go around a week or so later I'd guess (so on the 4th). That's a little ahead of schedule, I wasn't expecting him to be ready until the 10th or so.

I missed that he had skated today. I thought that week to 10 days was the time he'd be first skating.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007

Since Bennett is on LTIR he couldn't even play before the game on November 4th (our 11th game of the season) so that would work out perfectly.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Still 7-10 days from participating in partial practice -SK "@ScottCMoore_ When's Bennet expected back?" @PensInsideScoop

By partial practice, I'm guessing they mean 'no contact'. Although with the sprints that HCMJ likes to do, it could mean that. Or both. Looks like he's just a little bit ahead of schedule, which is great news.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
By partial practice, I'm guessing they mean 'no contact'. Although with the sprints that HCMJ likes to do, it could mean that. Or both. Looks like he's just a little bit ahead of schedule, which is great news.

I'd guess no contact and not taking part in all drills. Good news either way.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I missed that he had skated today. I thought that week to 10 days was the time he'd be first skating.

With BB, you can't assume that he's going to survive skating, conditioning, and practices (with and without contact). We can only hope that he reaches the holy grail of playing in a regular season game.

At least this year, if he plays in real game, it's less likely he'll get benched for smiling or feathering a sweet pass to a teammate.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hopefully Bennett is on milk IV's. Guy is made of chalk. But he is very key to the depth and level of flexibility of the top 9. If he is out again, a trade is mandatory.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hopefully Bennett is on milk IV's. Guy is made of chalk. But he is very key to the depth and level of flexibility of the top 9. If he is out again, a trade is mandatory.

does milk increase the strength of his tendons or ligaments? He's only actually broken one bone, right?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
What bone did he break? He tweeted that he didn't break his wrist or hand with that last one and that's all I can think of.

Then he hasn't broken a bone as far as I know.

What was he out with the year before last? The wrist tendon was college. Last year was unknown wrist. This year is knee ligament it seems. Or was he healthy and just not playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad