GDT: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy - Shot Gun start at 12:00 PM est

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
To all those saying this isn't the last day to make changes to your roster, you're right but with our cap situation, in any trade we'd have to match salaries, so we're not adding a top 6 fwd without losing Boychuk, Eriksson, Lucic, Marchand, etc.

...why?

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
The way the playoffs are structured now and with MTL showing how you handel the Bruins, you can expect everyone in our division to be a bunch floppin' water bugs the Bruins cant catch.

No one in the pipeline to take a stab a RW1 so it will be interesting to see where Chia goes with all this...

Vdub

Live Free or Die
Dec 21, 2013
You complain that we're not as good as Montreal or Tampa, and then you suggest we get rid of Boychuk and bring in MDZ.

I don't get it.
Neither do I

Does Del Zotto know how to defend? Nashville cut him for a reason.

We have guys in the minors with the same skill set as Del Zotto

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Once Iginla signed, action heated up on UFA Radim Vrbata. 5 teams in there heavy right now.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
To all those saying this isn't the last day to make changes to your roster, you're right but with our cap situation, in any trade we'd have to match salaries, so we're not adding a top 6 fwd without losing Boychuk, Eriksson, Lucic, Marchand, etc.

thank you! this guy gets it.

To those people saying to "relax" and "wait and see", why could you possibly think Chia has up his sleeve? He has to move Kelly's money at a minimum to even free up a little bit of cap space. And oh by the way he still hasn't even signed Smith and Krug adding more uncertainty to our situation.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Iginla was the top goal-scorer for the Boston Bruins in the 2014 NHL playoffs and had 3 of his 5 team leading goals against Montreal. He wasn't the 'no-show' up front.

Don't get me wrong here guys, I wouldn't have given Iginla that money to stay and I am not disappointed in Boston missing out on anyone so far.

What I am simply saying is that Montreal beat Boston without Galychenuk and Boston had Iginla. Nothing in the current projected line-ups that we have put together for the 2014 roster suggests that Boston is in a better place than they were when the lost to Montreal.

Hopefully losing Georges, Vanek, Gionta and Briere will hurt them more than adding Parenteau.

Oh, and Bishop and Stamkos will be healthy in Tampa Bay.

Montreal had 100 pts this year and Galchenuk was a minus 18 so do not come here giving me this he all that player.He not even close to a complete player.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
They beat Boston right now in 7 game series

You've seen their defense right?

The numbers point to a big regression as it is now, much like the Leafs last year. They're a promising young team but IMO they're just as likely to miss the playoffs next year (especially considering their division) as they are to do any damage.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
to anyone saying Iginla chose money over a chance at the cup, I bet you in 2 years time the Avs have just as good, if not better chance to win a cup as the Bruins will.

Seriously. People criticizing him for it, take your head out of your arse.
No guarantee Boston wins a cup or even gets to go to the big dance in the next few years. This season was proof of that. You get a contract like that from another contender, you take it.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Why are you acting like Galchenyuk is a massive player for them? And why are you completely ignoring that we didn't have Seidenberg?

You really don't see the skillset and speed of Galychenuk? I was fortunate enough to watch him this year (I took interest when some suggested that Edmonton should have taken him over Yakupov) and I can tell you that he will score a lot of goals for Montreal next year.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
In summary the Bruins are a lesser team than there were 24 hours ago. Not trending in the right direction...

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Montreal had 100 pts this year and Galchenuk was a minus 18 so do not come here giving me this he all that player.He not even close to a complete player.

where the hell do you see anyone saying Galchenyuk is a complete player? The point is that he's another offensive threat added to a team that already beat us in 7. He only makes them deeper if we meet them again and they're healthy, while we lost depth.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
You really don't see the skillset and speed of Galychenuk? I was fortunate enough to watch him this year (I took interest when some suggested that Edmonton should have taken him over Yakupov) and I can tell you that he will score a lot of goals for Montreal next year.

He has endless potential. Potential does nothing until you achieve it. Just because he has the potential to be a 1st liner doesn't mean he is one. He's a 3rd line winger on that team. Doesn't matter how many he'll score next year or the year after that, I'm talking about the series THIS year.

Ah, regular season stats. Gotcha.

How did they match up head to head in the playoffs?

You ask where the stats THAT THE POSTER INDICATED WERE FROM THE REGULAR SEASON came from, then after you get them, you ask how we matched up in the playoffs. Please stop.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Not talking about the last 40 years, mean recently.

And until Smith proves he can't duplicate, I am not sure what you want here. What you want, to find a guaranteed top 6 point producer just incase Smith doesn't preform, or to trade Smith for a more likely better player?

I'd like to have a legit top 6 forward and not have to move Erickson up to the first line.

I realize the season doesn't start for a few months, but at this point that looks to weaken both the first and 3rd lines and puts more pressure on a kid with one season under his belt.

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
disappointed with iginlia. can't really blame him but i really thought he would be after the cup more than money+years at this point in his career.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston

you still have not admitted to the fact we were down our number 2 defenceman.

Wow this thread is horrible this year, losing iginla and adding half a season of sides makes us from prez trophy to bottom of the barrell holy hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad