GDT: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy - Shot Gun start at 12:00 PM est

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Can people just stop posting completely unreliable sources?

Seriously, who is the NHLFiles?? lol

None of the Vrbata, Brodeur, Cammalerri, Penner, rumours make any sense and I would bet a mortgage payment that they come from sources about as connected as any of us.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I propose we have a GDT for the 5pm presser. It's going to be bat**** crazy up in here.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Yes, and Montreal won. I give teams that beat Boston in seven full credit, especially when Boston had home ice advantage. People here dismiss off the loss this year as bad luck.

Montreal was the better team.

Montreal had 17 less pts and a goal differential of +11.

The idea that an extremely small sample should usurp a much larger one is foolish.

Lest we think the New York Rangers are the team to beat in the East this year.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Some of you are acting like today is the only day the Bruins can make any trades or sign any players.

For certain posters July 1st (or the 5th last year) is the end of the Bruins EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. They don't even wait until the afternoon is over before declaring Chia has made the Bruins substantially worse and everybody else is way better.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Can't believe Colorado signed Iginla to a 3year deal worth 16Mil. Amazing.. Sad that we couldn't afford to pay that. cause he's worth it. Really wanted him back in Boston. Iginla is a Bruin type player 100% Again its sad that he couldn't be re signed! Dam it man!!!!

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I agree. Along with many other NHL'ers. If certain players are not able to duplicate, how with they cope.

We Bruin fans are spoiled.

No team has impressed me this free agency. Looks like the league is getting a little more balanced, that's about it. At fairly high prices.

I've been following this team for 40 years, spoiled isn't how I'd describe that time.

I've also seen guys have a nice rookie years, only to never be heard from again.
I don't look at Smith and think he's a can't miss top 6 winger.

Vdub

Live Free or Die
Dec 21, 2013
Yeah, and frankly, at that money...I'm glad not to be a part of that. It was intriguing while he was here, but let's look at it as a blessing.

Agree. Way too much $$$ for my liking. I chalk it up as Iginla wasn't meant to stay here.
Too bad because I liked Iginla but at 37.....

Crazy money being thrown around so far today and I'm glad the Bruins aren't drinking the special kool aid.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
funny, the most efficient betting market in the world has the Bruins still tied as cup favs at 8/1. I wonder what they know...

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
C'mon Unified. Excuses are for losers. If we had won they would have a list of chances missed as well.

Bottom line is that the cap has had its desired effect and Montreal was the better team going into today before 30 goals walked out the door.
I know but 11 posts is a lot of ****** puck luck.

I don't but they are better. They got worse today. Tom Gilbert will fold like a tent in May. Their cap reckoning is coming.

We had a transition year coming. It's a cap league. We will take a SLIGHT step back this season but I still think we are the best team in the division and co-favourites in the East. Chiarelli still has a LOT of work to do in-house. If he can make a couple of smart moves and just keep what we currently have together we are in great shape.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That's ok, because the way Chia is running this team we are not a championship team anyways

I been Bruins fan long long time.Chia took alot of years of losing away.You rather Sinden back.Bruins have good talent now in pipeline.Yes lost what they need most in snipers.Kessell Seguin n Wheeler..But Chia is only human too n will learn from his mistakes.I am glad Bruins have him.Could be alot worse.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
You never win the trade when you give up the better player.
Chia should have known that, but they gave up on a talented young guy that needed some maturing.
Sequin & Thorton deals likely the worst moves the Bruins have ever made.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
I've been following this team for 40 years, spoiled isn't how I'd describe that time.

I've also seen guys have a nice rookie years, only to never be heard from again.
I don't look at Smith and think he's a can't miss top 6 winger.

I think Smith is the weak part of this lineup. I don't mind Eriksson playing with DK and Lucic.

I like Marchand and Bergy together. I think any third line with Soderberg on it is going to be dangerous.

The one place I see fault is with Smith. The kid had a hot start with an insane shooting percentage. I don't see him as a top 6 winger. He would be perfect on the third line. The expectations on Smith going into this season are going to be WAY too high.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Yes, and Montreal won. I give teams that beat Boston in seven full credit, especially when Boston had home ice advantage. People here dismiss off the loss this year as bad luck.

Montreal was the better team.

I think it's both. We absolutely were a better team than Montreal last season, but they absolutely were a better team when it mattered most. We had some poor luck, they had some decent luck, but at the end of the day we failed and they didn't.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
For certain posters July 1st (or the 5th last year) is the end of the Bruins EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. They don't even wait until the afternoon is over before declaring Chia has made the Bruins substantially worse and everybody else is way better.

Good point.

But I will always live in fear of America's greatest holiday, July 4th, the day Chia picks to gut his skilled youth for a plethora of scrubs.

Is Chia even American? I gotta say no...:sarcasm:

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
We had a transition year coming. It's a cap league. We will take a SLIGHT step back this season but I still think we are the best team in the division and co-favourites in the East. Chiarelli still has a LOT of work to do in-house. If he can make a couple of smart moves and just keep what we currently have together we are in great shape.

Gotta think of it like this. We are probably still the best team in the division when you remember that we will have Seidenberg back and hopefully ANOTHER #2 in Hamilton if he matures how he has projected.

TB is the real wild card. Could end up flopping or could be easily the best team in the conference...maybe the league if things go perfectly.

iiBruins17*

"No chance"? Really? How long have you been watching sports? How many teams have a chance to win a Cup next year? 2? LA and Chicago? Or did Florida join the elite ranks today?

I doubt we can beat Montreal and even Tampa and I doubt we'd make it to game six if we played Chi, Stl, Ana, Or LA in a seven game series

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Iginla was a no-show in the Montreal-series and we also add Seidenberg.

But I'm still worried about them even though I don't see why they have a better team (yet).

Iginla was the top goal-scorer for the Boston Bruins in the 2014 NHL playoffs and had 3 of his 5 team leading goals against Montreal. He wasn't the 'no-show' up front.

Don't get me wrong here guys, I wouldn't have given Iginla that money to stay and I am not disappointed in Boston missing out on anyone so far.

What I am simply saying is that Montreal beat Boston without Galychenuk and Boston had Iginla. Nothing in the current projected line-ups that we have put together for the 2014 roster suggests that Boston is in a better place than they were when the lost to Montreal.

Hopefully losing Georges, Vanek, Gionta and Briere will hurt them more than adding Parenteau.

Oh, and Bishop and Stamkos will be healthy in Tampa Bay.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Can people just stop posting completely unreliable sources?

Seriously, who is the NHLFiles?? lol

None of the Vrbata, Brodeur, Cammalerri, Penner, rumours make any sense and I would bet a mortgage payment that they come from sources about as connected as any of us.

lol Guess not when Cammy already signed 5 yrs 25 mil today

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Consider this: If Chia had moved Kelly last year then we would have had another ~6 million bucks to play with this year. Losing Iginla could have been avoided with a little foresight and minimal impact to the team.

How does moving someone making $3m give you $6m to play with?

Look, I don't think folks shouldn't be a little hot right now. Chiarelli moved Seguin so he could take a run at the Cup. Shortsighted. He kept Kelly around because he thought he'd be a good fit on the LW with Soder and Eriksson and give them a better shot at the Cup. Shortsighted.

Both of those moves were shortsighted but they were both done to try to 'win now!' I would have liked to see PC find a way to add at the deadline too (considering he was selling out to win now). But in the interest of giving credit where credit is due, the team he put together did win the President's Trophy which to me means they had as a good a chance as anyone in the league to win the Cup. They fell short. It happens. And this is the fallout. Unfortunately that makes those shortsighted moves really hurt, but that's the price of admission.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
BiZzArRo World!!!! These contracts are insane! Iginla for 3 years!!!!???

Time to witness what Coach Cassidy has been up to lately... can his boys come up & actually contribute?

Chia needs to get some young wingers in the system. Spooner for winger swap due soon.

With Tuukka & a top-4 of Chara Dougie Seidenberg & Boychuk,,, Bruins still a top team in the East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad