GDT: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy - Shot Gun start at 12:00 PM est

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
You know if they had real prospects, not the overrated ones this board loves, I would be ok with this. I don't believe Ryan Spooner is a top 9 forward, or Alex Khokhlachev.

Spooner and Khokhlachev are top-six forward talent, as is Seth Griffith. You have to watch and keep track of these prospects and then pass judgment.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
what are the chances that Kelly puts up as many points as Iginla does goals next year?
Chris Kelly is not the reason Iginla is not playing in boston next year. Iginla just said on TSN that "even if Boston could have given him a contract this year, they were not offering a 2nd year". Chris Kelly is not replacing Iginla on the top line, Loui Eriksson likely is and I'm willing to bet that Loui ends the season with more goals than Iginla.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Who's a legit top 6 forward?

And Eriksson who was a complete top 6 70+ forward, who didn't produce in a shorten season on a bad team and next year was injured early and on a stacked team sharing little ice time, is no longer even considered a potential top 6 forward. A guy we should keep on the 3rd line.

So who exactly would you like to get?

I don't want a description of the ideal players, actual names is the only thing that matters.

Loui produced on a medicore team in Dallas. He then started to trend downwards in the lockout season, and continued that downward trend into last season. He then couldnt even produce against weaker defensive pairings on the third line...BUT saying all that, and with the cap the way it is, they really have no choice and its probably their best option for a top line player.

So there is two camps here...

People that are sure Loui will become a 30 goal top scorer again
The other that is not sold on Loui being able to handle the 1st line

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I agree Montreal's gotten better, but White is small and Parentau adds size? Gorges open up space and Gilbert (who sucks) fulfills a need? Could you phrase that any more Montreal-leaning?

Montreal has been known to be a small team for a while, would you argue any of these signings didn't make MTL bigger?

Gilbert played well in FLA, he isn't great, no denying that...but he fills the need of the habs' RD

Last season
LD:
- Emelin
- Markov
- Beaulieu
- Tinordi
- Bouillon <--- had to leave
- Gorges <---had to leave

RD:
- Subban
- Weaver
- Gilbert <---may not be great, but fills a need

Like I said, I think Gorges leaving clears cap space and allows one of Beaulieu/Tinordi to finally make the jump, permanently. Habs didn't get a better player in Gilbert, I agree with you, but they did get better by allowing Emelin to play on his natural side and getting an NHL ready rookie for next year to jump in.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
That would have been to good a signing here, you suck Chiarelli.

Guy, why don't you go have an eskimo pie or something and calm the **** down. You've been at DEFCON 1 for days now.

Where the **** was Deryk Engelland going to play for the Bruins? Where? Riddle me that. And for ~$3M PER YEAR??!?! That's what McKenzie send that tweet in the first place, to clarify that it was for that much money PER YEAR. That deal is ABSURD.

Burke is so focused on truculence that he's handing cash out like candy. He already has McGrattan, trades for Bollig, and signs Engelland. They might still have Westgarth too. Way to go Calgary, that's totally what the Bruins want to be doing...:shakehead

We'll be plenty tough. Try not to worry about it.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
His whole argument is that a 7 game sample size in the playoffs shouldn't usurp the entire regular season and doesn't mean that Montreal is better than us going forward, and your response is basically "yeah, but how did they match up in the playoffs?".

That can't be the argument if you're saying that the Bruins are still easily the class of the East. Because they weren't. They couldn't win when it mattered, and while Montreal has improved, the Bruins have become worse.

I don't think the Habs are a better team than the Bruins right now, even after today's transactions. But it's not a laughable position either. The B's will have a rough time besting the Canadiens if they happen to meet up again.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Chris Kelly is not the reason Iginla is not playing in boston next year. Iginla just said on TSN that "even if Boston could have given him a contract this year, they were not offering a 2nd year". Chris Kelly is not replacing Iginla on the top line, Loui Eriksson likely is and I'm willing to bet that Loui ends the season with more goals than Iginla.

I hope your right, I have zero confidence in Loui. Matter of fact, -0.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Who's a legit top 6 forward?

And Eriksson who was a complete top 6 70+ forward, who didn't produce in a shorten season on a bad team and next year was injured early and on a stacked team sharing little ice time, is no longer even considered a potential top 6 forward. A guy we should keep on the 3rd line.

So who exactly would you like to get?

I don't want a description of the ideal players, actual names is the only thing that matters.

How about the guy they just lost because they have no cap space?

Eriksson also had two concussions last season, that doesn't concern you going forward? I like him as a player, just not sure what to expect at this point.

The bar as well as the ticket prices have been raised.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
You are ok with Engelland making 2.9 mill a year but not Eriksson making 4.2 a year? Man, could you forward me the entire agenda you have, because you sir are insane. :laugh:
People using Engelland's contract as a reason why PC is not a good general manger makes me think I need to take a little break from the internet.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Who said 'bottom of the barrel'? Stop putting poorly spelled words into my mouth...

Montreal was better last year and Boston is in a year of transition where they are subtracting players from last years roster.

seidenberg is a huge addition im done with you, seriously 7 posts called you out on ignoring seidenberg and you still won't talk about him basically saying yeah I know he was a huge loss but it does not fit my agenda.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Montreal lost Vanek, Briere, Gionta and Gorges ... brought in Gilbert and Parenteau ... not convinced thats an upgrade in the least

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Who cares what Montreal is doing? Some posters are way too obsessed about how the Bruins are going to one up them.

Imagine if Chiarelli overpaid for a guy like Bolland or Pouliot.. This board would have self destructed instantly.

Standing pat is the best thing for us and as another poster mentioned, Chicago and LA have also been quiet today.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
His whole argument is that a 7 game sample size in the playoffs shouldn't usurp the entire regular season and doesn't mean that Montreal is better than us going forward, and your response is basically "yeah, but how did they match up in the playoffs?".

Bingo. Especially a 7 game series. If we were talking '08-'09 where Boston won in 4 games, then sure. You could say oh yeah, they were better.

Hard talk. Boston could have easily won that series in 4 or 5 games, and I think we'd have buried the Rangers. Now, once Chara broke his finger, Montreal was much better in games 6 and 7, and did enough to win the series which is all that matters for that series only, but for me, Boston had the better of the play overall, and was easily the better team over the larger sample. That happens, that's sports. It's why we watch.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Eriksson people, Eriksson, that is Eriksson with two ss's and no C's Eriksson.

Atleast care enough to spell his name right.

And you want MDZ over Morrow or Miller, or everyone else he ****ing blows.

Also Coach Parker will you ever admitt the Bruins did not have #44 versus MTL.

I did.

Excuses. Montreal didn't have Galychenuk and I suspect that Seidenberg would have been spending his time trying to keep him and his line to the outside of the ice. Cross each other off and you still have Montreal beating Boston...with Iginla.

Montreal exposed the Bruins and their lack of ability to deal with speed. Bruins add Seidenberg to stop some of their speed and Montreal adds even more speed with a healthy Galychenuk.

Back to square one. Montreal won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad