Prospect Info: 2014 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc. part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpeye97

Aug 8, 2013
What's the deal with Brandon Alderson? He's been scoring a lot recently, can somebody who's been watching these games give me the rundown on him?

Good question, I remember that they drafted him becasue of Cousins and hoped he could continue in pros.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
http://flyersprospects.blogspot.com/2014/04/flyers-prospects-in-postseason.html

The players in the Flyers pipeline have garnered a lot of attention this postseason, both positive and negative. Here are a few write-ups to get everyone up to speed.

Shayne Gostisbehere (D, Union College, NCAA)

This Ghost Bear kid is good. Defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere absolutely set the Frozen Four on fire. Playing in his future home rink, the Wells Fargo Center, Ghost gave Flyers fans a preview of what he can bring to a hockey club.

Some highlights of what Ghost did in the championship game, if you missed it.

boodangleroo28

Jul 9, 2010
Union and glens falls are extremely close to one another. It was perfect for him.

Yeah about a 30 minute drive, I wanted to get up to the game tonight but unfortunately can't make it. Glens falls civic center is a great place to watch some hockey it's a shame it's all ending :/

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Yeah about a 30 minute drive, I wanted to get up to the game tonight but unfortunately can't make it. Glens falls civic center is a great place to watch some hockey it's a shame it's all ending :/

Rumors on twitter is that the Flames AHL squad, the Heat might be moving there. Atleast they will get a team.

I have worked in the area for a few weeks and went to RPI in troy for college. Glens Falls is a nice quiet area.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
it's probably already posted throught the thread, which prospects look to be new arrivals for the Phantoms next year?

Stolarz & Leier are good bets plus Goulbourne depending on whether he receives a contract this offseason or not, the Flyers still have the option to send him back for his overage season in the WHL as well.

Laughton & Gostisbehere are possibilities for either NHL or AHL at this point. Hagg is iffy as well since it's unknown at the moment if he'll stay here or go back to Sweden.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'd be surprised if Hagg goes back now. I think he has a good chance of playing at least 9 games for the Flyers next season.

boodangleroo28

Jul 9, 2010
Rumors on twitter is that the Flames AHL squad, the Heat might be moving there. Atleast they will get a team.

I have worked in the area for a few weeks and went to RPI in troy for college. Glens Falls is a nice quiet area.

Very nice, I work in the Schenectady area and live in Albany.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Stolarz & Leier are good bets plus Goulbourne depending on whether he receives a contract this offseason or not, the Flyers still have the option to send him back for his overage season in the WHL as well.

Laughton & Gostisbehere are possibilities for either NHL or AHL at this point. Hagg is iffy as well since it's unknown at the moment if he'll stay here or go back to Sweden.

Akeson, McGinn, and Laughton will be competing for NHL forward time.

Gostisbehere, Morin, and Hagg will be competing for NHL blueline time.

Stolarz, Leier, and Goulbourne should be joining the AHL roster as well as the losers of the above battles with the exception of Morin...who will be back to juniors if not NHL.

Right now, I think the only winners we will have are Akeson and Laughton as long as they haven't given up on Akeson from that one mistake.

I think Laughton earns 4th line center if Lecavalier or BSchenn are traded, 4th line winger if they both stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad