Prospect Info: 2014 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc. part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Hägg does have a pretty awesome 'swagger' to him... he had it back in Sweden as well; never really looks flustered and can skate or muscle his way out of trouble.

Though on occasion he can look bad as the swagger/confidence/calmness can look like complacence when he gets beat or makes a bad play!

Swagger is a perfect word for it.

Call me crazy but I'm pretty confident he becomes a top 4 dman in the NHL.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I've seen all of Hagg's games with the Phantoms except one and he looks really good. He basically plays an NHL game already.

I am still shocked he fell so far...

most rankings had him as ~18th-25th pick. He was ranked as highly as 12-15th in a few rankings.

I mean... the reason he fell was due to 'consistency' issues was the consensus; just seems strange, a kid with all the tools falling so far due to having bad plays/games every now and then!

I am glad he did... Morin, Ghost and Hägg are three guys we have who are all 1st round kind of prospects.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
After you listen to him for awhile you get used to him and he doesnt become as bad. He's a good guy though that really does care for ADK hockey

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

most rankings had him as ~18th-25th pick. He was ranked as highly as 12-15th in a few rankings.

I mean... the reason he fell was due to 'consistency' issues was the consensus; just seems strange, a kid with all the tools falling so far due to having bad plays/games every now and then!

I am glad he did... Morin, Ghost and Hägg are three guys we have who are all 1st round kind of prospects.

Yup, and hopefully they can get some decent forward prospects in the draft because we have a bunch of promising D prospects but not much as far as forwards other than Laughton. We have some really good scouts.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

I was actually hoping the Flyers would trade down for an extra 1st rounder and take him and Mueller. Getting Hagg in the 2nd was like an early Christmas present. I also think that having him and Ghost looking so good right now takes away some of the pressure to rush Morin.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm talking about the guy who announces the penalties, goals, etc. there at the arena but the play by play guy isn't very good neither. He's too over the top for my liking.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
first time he tricked me repeating the penalty 2 times, i thought he was getting 2 penalties for the price of one.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm getting really excited for them to move to the Lehigh Valley...

And every home game will be on TV for me so I won't need to watch streams that are being recorded by potatoes.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I like Hagg, but I think his ceiling is limited. He can be a steady guy, but I'm not sure I see him ever being able to put all his tools together. I see him as a similar player to Coburn. Lots of raw skills, but just struggles to really unify them. Still think he'll be a reliable NHLer, but I'm not going wild on his potential.

Gostisbehere, though...that kid has a sky high ceiling. Of all three bluechip defenders, Ghost is my most untouchable. I trade Morin before I trade Ghost. I trade most roster players before I trade him.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I'm getting really excited for them to move to the Lehigh Valley...

And every home game will be on TV for me so I won't need to watch streams that are being recorded by potatoes.

I think next season if Hägg and Ghost are both on the team I will be watching a heck of a lot of their games... I usually watch ~10-15 a year, but do not actively go out of my way to (I need some decent night sleep in between Flyers games!), but I likely will next season.

NHLAlert

@nhl_alert
Jul 21, 2012
Uberlandia
www.nhlalert.com
I like Hagg, but I think his ceiling is limited. He can be a steady guy, but I'm not sure I see him ever being able to put all his tools together. I see him as a similar player to Coburn. Lots of raw skills, but just struggles to really unify them. Still think he'll be a reliable NHLer, but I'm not going wild on his potential.

Gostisbehere, though...that kid has a sky high ceiling. Of all three bluechip defenders, Ghost is my most untouchable. I trade Morin before I trade Ghost. I trade most roster players before I trade him.

Well the good thing is that he's only 19 so he has a lot of time to put it together

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

I love Hägg but I know what you mean...

though he does have two things over Coburn that could be 'gamebreakers' in his development:

His shot is better.
He is naturally nastier... Coburn is still too nice a guy, Hägg likes being nasty.

But he is not as impressive a skater as Coburn. (though that is not saying much, Hägg is a great skater... but Coburn is amongst the best skating D in the NHL.)

If Hägg can become Coburn... a 2/3# D man, that would be awesome tbh. If he did become a similar level player to Coburn I imagine he would be 'higher rated' amongst fans as his shot likely gives him PP time, and would lead to 30+ points. (as Coburn did when he had PP time tbh!)

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Well the good thing is that he's only 19 so he has a lot of time to put it together

True, but I'm of the belief that it's one of those "you have it or you don't" traits. I'm a fan of Hagg, but I've watched him since before he was a Flyers pick, and I've just never seen him actually take charge of a game or a shift.

In order to have a ceiling beyond a top four defender, I'd expect to see glimpses of dominance at times even if they are few and far between.

though he does have two things over Coburn that could be 'gamebreakers' in his development:

His shot is better.
He is naturally nastier... Coburn is still too nice a guy, Hägg likes being nasty.

But he is not as impressive a skater as Coburn. (though that is not saying much, Hägg is a great skater... but Coburn is amongst the best skating D in the NHL.)

If Hägg can become Coburn... a 2/3# D man, that would be awesome tbh. If he did become a similar level player to Coburn I imagine he would be 'higher rated' amongst fans as his shot likely gives him PP time, and would lead to 30+ points. (as Coburn did when he had PP time tbh!)

Agree with all this. As always, good post, Appleyard.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think next season if Hägg and Ghost are both on the team I will be watching a heck of a lot of their games... I usually watch ~10-15 a year, but do not actively go out of my way to (I need some decent night sleep in between Flyers games!), but I likely will next season.

Yeah exactly, it's hard to be invested when your watching a bunch of guys that are a long shot to make the team, but when it's players who will could likely end up important players it's a whole different story.

It's also going to be cool for them that they're moving into a brand new arena that looks like it'll be really nice and personally I really like the area, I live ~10 min away and I love it here. It'll also be much easier for call-ups because it's only about an hour and a bit away from Philly. Maybe I'll see some players around too.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Anyone else see what I am saying about Flanagan? Really the kid isnt that bad. Didnt deserve to play on the 4th line for 75% of the season.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

His shot is better.

I don't see much similarity between Coburn and Hagg. I never saw Coburn before he joined the Flyers but his scouting reports in junior said that his offensive skills were limited. He was never projected to be more than a stay at home guy who could really skate. Hagg has a much better two way game, much more poised with the puck. I could see Hagg becoming similar to Timonen, but bigger.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How was that not a penalty?

Flanagan was rugby tackled/pulled to the ice when almost free on goal. (likely not a penalty shot as had another guy covering and was tied up slightly.)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

His shot is better.

If Hagg becomes Coburn than that's great value for a second round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad