Prospect Info: 2014 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc. part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Rimouski loses in OT 8-7. Morin only played breifly in the 3rd and no shifts in OT. He stayed on the bench and did shake hands after the game, but looked very gimpy.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Morin, IMO isn't as bad as Jtown tries to make him out to be defensively. Even at the draft his defense wasn't question it was whether the offense would come around or not. We can see what the kid does with first unit PP time. I will admit I didn't see tonight but he was injured according to reports and like Stizzle said he didn't go in overtime. When I watched him he was great in his own zone(probably 10 times+ this year) and was a game changer at points with his physical play and also his offense. I actually am the most excited about him probably because I have seen him play the most out of any of our junior prospects.

The penalties are nothing I am concerned about. I love that he is nasty, and wouldn't want my 6'7 defenseman any other way. He needs to play like that, he can change a game with his size. When he reaches the pros, vets will help him change his ways somewhat, when to take these chances and penalties. Pronger was the most hot headed player I have ever seen but I loved every minute of his dirty way.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Well if he's healthy, I would imagine Morin will be added to the list of black aces just for the practice experience heading into this summer & camp.

Is it possible for him to play in any ADK games? If so I would pay some serious $$$ to watch that online.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Morin is not as physical as you think. He never plays the body , instead using his reach to poke check.

I have seen Morin play physical plenty, especially in the neutral zone. I would like to see him be more aggressive in his own zone with checking but he has made a fair share of clean hits on the boards or in the open ice when teams are coming through center ice.

In your own end it's either you play the puck or you play the man. I would like to see him play the man more often but he doesn't shy away from any kind of physical game. With his development he will get better with that, especially in the NHL.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Is it possible for him to play in any ADK games? If so I would pay some serious $$$ to watch that online.

They have a game tomorrow night, Friday, & Saturday to wrap up the year.

I doubt tomorrow night is a possibility but maybe Friday & Saturday is depending on his health.

As far as eligibility he's alright to go in these games now.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
They have a game tomorrow night, Friday, & Saturday to wrap up the year.

I doubt tomorrow night is a possibility but maybe Friday & Saturday is depending on his health.

As far as eligibility he's alright to go in these games now.

That would be pretty awesome to see Ghost, Hagg and Morin all in the lineup.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
It looked like it was a choke but Rimouski was depleted with injuries. Morin with the strained achilles, Kostalek and Zrahal with fractured wrists. Their veteran on defense Jimmy Oligny was also missing the game because of a suspension. Captain Ryan MacKinnon played despite an injury because Oligny couldn't. Morin, Kostalek, Oligny and MacKinnon are their top 4 on defense.

Rimouski had the best defense in the league. They didn't have the best offense. Without a complete top 4 on defense, they were doomed.

Last edited:

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Morin, IMO isn't as bad as Jtown tries to make him out to be defensively. Even at the draft his defense wasn't question it was whether the offense would come around or not. We can see what the kid does with first unit PP time. I will admit I didn't see tonight but he was injured according to reports and like Stizzle said he didn't go in overtime. When I watched him he was great in his own zone(probably 10 times+ this year) and was a game changer at points with his physical play and also his offense. I actually am the most excited about him probably because I have seen him play the most out of any of our junior prospects.

The penalties are nothing I am concerned about. I love that he is nasty, and wouldn't want my 6'7 defenseman any other way. He needs to play like that, he can change a game with his size. When he reaches the pros, vets will help him change his ways somewhat, when to take these chances and penalties. Pronger was the most hot headed player I have ever seen but I loved every minute of his dirty way.

Tyler Myers says "Hi".

RJ8812*

It looked like it was a choke but Rimouski was depleted with injuries. Morin with the strained achilles, Kostalek and Zrahal with fractured wrists. Their veteran on defense Jimmy Oligny was also missing the game because of a suspension. Captain Ryan MacKinnon played despite an injury because Oligny couldn't. Morin, Kostalek, Oligny and MacKinnon are their top 4 on defense.

Rimouski had the best defense in the league. They didn't have the best offense. Without a complete top 4 on defense, they were doomed.

being up 4-0 after one period is a choke job no matter how you look at it

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad