2014-2015 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sad when talents like Koko, Spooner. Morrow, Knight and Camera could be top prospects but seem doomed due to Bruin coaches. Yes, Sweeney needs to step in.

don't be surprised if ALL are gone this time next year but we will have a bunch of ECHL guys:handclap:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I know this board is full of experts that exceed us but my money is on Knight. I cant wait till he is gone and develops away from this jackwagon.

dan, i try to follow a lot of what you say...but you seem to bounce back and forth like a spalding with this. is knight gone or do the bruins like him & want to keep him in spite of coach charles manson?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I think both coaches in Boston and providence are dopes. Julien wNts drones and Cassidy wants to get back to the nhl at the cost of some really good prospects. I watched him play Trotman over morrow in Springfield. Morrow is miles ahead of anything they have playing defense. Cassidy is an a hole. Don't know why they extended him. Missed out on knight in Springfield.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Cassidy is a world class piece of ****

Knight played by my estimation 1 minute in the first period, 30 seconds in the second and ZERO in the third

How does the Bruins brass let this happen? Knight was a 2nd-round pick and has the talent to play on the second or third line. He's also a right-handed RW—something that Boston desperately needs. I just don't understand the team's abysmal handling of him.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
How does the Bruins brass let this happen? Knight was a 2nd-round pick and has the talent to play on the second or third line. He's also a right-handed RW—something that Boston desperately needs. I just don't understand the team's abysmal handling of him.

I saw them play in Hartford last week and he played a regular shift. Looked OK.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Cassidy is rouge if you ask me

release Camara and Knight or dump them

this is Providence- the AHL not the 7th game of the Stanley Cup Finals

are you developing top drafted guys or not?

This guy played Nick Johnson last year and stuck Knight on 4th line LW. He played a walk on from Merrimack on the PK over Knight; he played a ECHL callup in the shoot out over Knight. As one prominent one time (no longer cause he's in the NHL now) told me, JK is getting crapped all over and it does not make sense. Johnsont is in the SEL. Awesome asset management.

if Knight and Camara are duds then let them go- see if they can get it together somewhere else like Hutch and Rousel.

Is Cheniwchan and Kane and Stuart going to play for Boston? Cheniwchan couldn't play for Springfield.

so if Cassidy determines Knight is a bust then tell Sweeney to dump him.

Cut him.

Camara? if he cant play in the AHL over Kane then release him.

How are these guys on ice going to get better, and off ice develop confidence.

This guy is the worst.

I read all about him in Washington and he was NOT EVEN TALKING TO HIS PLAYERS:laugh:

The last thing Cassidy ever said to his players was apologize for unprofessional comments made that had a veteran pull him into the corridor and go off on him.

Calle Johanssen is Patrice Bergeron and this guy cut his balls off.

Hey, I get it, Knight and Camara may be bums so get rid of them.

personally, I don't think so and am going to enjoy being right, right, right on this

anyone here want to bet me that Cassidy is not the coach next year even with his 2 year extension?

Boston can not be that stupid to have an AHL coach who takes high draft picks, ***** on him, and goes with Tardiffs and Johnsons so he can get a better record in the AHL.

AHL? if Boston cared so much they should have sent Bartkowski down 2 years ago when he was a healthy scratch in Boston and Providence was blowing a 3-0 lead in the AHL semi-finals.

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
anyone here want to bet me that Cassidy is not the coach next year even with his 2 year extension?

Boston can not be that stupid to have an AHL coach who takes high draft picks, ***** on him, and goes with Tardiffs and Johnsons so he can get a better record in the AHL.

AHL? if Boston cared so much they should have sent Bartkowski down 2 years ago when he was a healthy scratch in Boston and Providence was blowing a 3-0 lead in the AHL semi-finals.

dan, you said last year that cassidy wouldn't be back...and hey look, he's still behind the bench. did you get new info on this?

also, as for cassidy trying to win, that's the fence organizations have to ride with AHL coaches. teams want development first and foremost, but these guys' futures depend on them winning and proving to others that they can run a winning ship. i'm not pro or anti cassidy, by the way.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
How come no one has brought this up at the Fanfests? Isn't there a Q & A Session with the STH? Or are they asking cream puff questions like " How does it feel to be the GM of an Original Six team?"

Why hasn't Fluto or Scott or Divver asked the question?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
How come no one has brought this up at the Fanfests? Isn't there a Q & A Session with the STH? Or are they asking cream puff questions like " How does it feel to be the GM of an Original Six team?"

Since Divver is the ProJo guy, he'd be the logical one to ask.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

maybe they don't agree?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Since Divver is the ProJo guy, he'd be the logical one to ask.

They won't get true answers I just read a big article that runs 180 what the player actually thinks.

Let's just watch how this goes. Things will be happening

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
They won't get true answers I just read a big article that runs 180 what the player actually thinks.

Let's just watch how this goes. Things will be happening

by your estimate, how many guys think cassidy is trying to jam a large foreign object up their ass/bend them over/etc?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Let me flip this around cuz I know Nugs wants me too badly:

What's not to say they did give the true answers and didn't tell you exactly what he (the player) thinks?

There you go Nugs

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

What's not to say they did give the true answers and didn't tell you exactly what he (the player) thinks?

There you go Nugs

What's not to say that this isn't coming from just a player?

I'm sure that everyone involved has a different POV and opinion, and there probably isn't any "true answers". Looking at the whole thing from an outside perspective, the individuals don't matter in this case IMO. What bothers me is the approach. You can argue all day long that Camara was overrated by the B's and drafted too high, and Knight as well.

Spilled milk.

Once the guy has been drafted and signed, the B's coaches and staff owe it to the organization to develop these kids to their fullest potential. How on earth can an organization see what they have when a coach (or GM) never puts those kids in game situations required to evaluate and develop them? Repeatedly benching and/or severely limiting minutes of players the organization spent time and assets on while playing street FA's and PTO players more minutes, on special teams, and in shootouts.

I don't care if the prospect is named Jared Knight or John Doe, it's just bad asset management, and the blame goes to the coach tasked with developing them as well as the administration of the parent team.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
What's not to say that this isn't coming from just a player?

I'm sure that everyone involved has a different POV and opinion, and there probably isn't any "true answers". Looking at the whole thing from an outside perspective, the individuals don't matter in this case IMO. What bothers me is the approach. You can argue all day long that Camara was overrated by the B's and drafted too high, and Knight as well.

Spilled milk.

Once the guy has been drafted and signed, the B's coaches and staff owe it to the organization to develop these kids to their fullest potential. How on earth can an organization see what they have when a coach (or GM) never puts those kids in game situations required to evaluate and develop them? Repeatedly benching and/or severely limiting minutes of players the organization spent time and assets on while playing street FA's and PTO players more minutes, on special teams, and in shootouts.

I don't care if the prospect is named Jared Knight or John Doe, it's just bad asset management, and the blame goes to the coach tasked with developing them as well as the administration of the parent team.

If the organization agrees with the coaching staff that a player is a bust then there won't be an expectation to develop that player as it is universally accepted it's a waste of time to do so, especially if they aren't eVen a first round pick.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If the organization agrees with the coaching staff that a player is a bust then there won't be an expectation to develop that player as it is universally accepted it's a waste of time to do so, especially if they aren't eVen a first round pick.

but does the organization agree with the coaching staff?

on June 15th lets see

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

There you go Nugs

what does this mean- are you taking a shot at me?

player not a forward and writer not Fluto or Divver

source local

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
by your estimate, how many guys think cassidy is trying to jam a large foreign object up their ass/bend them over/etc?

FACT or FICTION: (Nugs only when you have your guess PM me your answer)

Back in October the Bruins played the Red Wings. Ryan Spooner played 4th line C as Greg Campbell rehabbed from his hernia operation. Claude reportedly is not a big Spooner fan to say the least. However, the front office wanted to get younger, faster, and cheaper and see if Ryan was ready to take the next step. Lots of meetings and discussions from the sounds of it but Spooner entered the lineup- but mid way thru the first period Spooner didn't get proper back pressure or something and Claude INVOKED the coaches TOI and sat Spooner the rest of the game. Likely the first time in his life Ryan Spooner has been healthy in a game and did not get off the bench for periods.

The Bruins brain trust was not happy and Claude's ice under him got a little bit softer but he got his way- he got Campbell and we get Fluto writing planted stories from Claude that Spooner is a left wing:laugh:

Spooner gets sent down, plays left wing, isn't happy and his agent sends out a public tweet.

Krejci gets hurt and Kelly becomes first line center while Spooner plays left wing for the first time since he believed in Santa Claus.

Now we got Knight being from the sounds of it following a similar path and being in the lineup Saturday night when Cassidy never saw a Knight benching he did not like. Cassidy who from multiple teammates cant stand Knight has to play him, but he reacts by pulling out Camara- another guy he cant stand.

So, when the center makes a couple of plays that lead to two Worcester goals Cassidy now sees Knight at -2 after one minute even though neither play looked like it was remotely his fault. Plus the centers dad is a very prominent executive in the NHL so you don't want to bench him. Not a good career move.

Cassidy like Claude uses that opportunity to invoke the benching move. He didn't want to play Knight to begin with- when you got so much fresh ECHL blood available why would he- so he goes to the benching for the rest of the game.

Now, I called my friend who knows more of this but he is out plowing (hopefully he comes by my house:laugh:) but this was something I got yesterday before we both went off to watch the Super Bowl.

Maybe its the snow and it seems this place on every thread is just a freaking argument or bull **** and maybe I'm to old for this place.

so, anyone want to make a little wager:naughty:

I'll bet that Cassidy is not the Providence coach next year.

If I am wrong the mods can give me a * and I'm done for eveh

If I'm right I stay and you are gone.

Spice up the place and I like to gamble a bit so any takers.

A lot here seem to think Cassidy is doing a wonderful job in development AND he just got a new extension so here is a great opportunity to win a bet and put me out of HF misery:nod:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

Back in October the Bruins played the Red Wings. Ryan Spooner played 4th line C as Greg Campbell rehabbed from his hernia operation. Claude reportedly is not a big Spooner fan to say the least. However, the front office wanted to get younger, faster, and cheaper and see if Ryan was ready to take the next step. Lots of meetings and discussions from the sounds of it but Spooner entered the lineup- but mid way thru the first period Spooner didn't get proper back pressure or something and Claude INVOKED the coaches TOI and sat Spooner the rest of the game. Likely the first time in his life Ryan Spooner has been healthy in a game and did not get off the bench for periods.

The Bruins brain trust was not happy and Claude's ice under him got a little bit softer but he got his way- he got Campbell and we get Fluto writing planted stories from Claude that Spooner is a left wing:laugh:

Spooner gets sent down, plays left wing, isn't happy and his agent sends out a public tweet.

Krejci gets hurt and Kelly becomes first line center while Spooner plays left wing for the first time since he believed in Santa Claus.

Now we got Knight being from the sounds of it following a similar path and being in the lineup Saturday night when Cassidy never saw a Knight benching he did not like. Cassidy who from multiple teammates cant stand Knight has to play him, but he reacts by pulling out Camara- another guy he cant stand.

So, when the center makes a couple of plays that lead to two Worcester goals Cassidy now sees Knight at -2 after one minute even though neither play looked like it was remotely his fault. Plus the centers dad is a very prominent executive in the NHL so you don't want to bench him. Not a good career move.

Cassidy like Claude uses that opportunity to invoke the benching move. He didn't want to play Knight to begin with- when you got so much fresh ECHL blood available why would he- so he goes to the benching for the rest of the game.

Now, I called my friend who knows more of this but he is out plowing (hopefully he comes by my house:laugh:) but this was something I got yesterday before we both went off to watch the Super Bowl.

Maybe its the snow and it seems this place on every thread is just a freaking argument or bull **** and maybe I'm to old for this place.

so, anyone want to make a little wager:naughty:

I'll bet that Cassidy is not the Providence coach next year.

If I am wrong the mods can give me a * and I'm done for eveh

If I'm right I stay and you are gone.

Spice up the place and I like to gamble a bit so any takers.

A lot here seem to think Cassidy is doing a wonderful job in development AND he just got a new extension so here is a great opportunity to win a bet and put me out of HF misery:nod:

I think next year cassidy is the coach of providence if he wants to be the coach. is that the bet? if he gets a job as an NHL assistant or head coach obviously he'll leave providence but i don't think he will be fired by the bruins front office after this season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think next year cassidy is the coach of providence if he wants to be the coach. is that the bet? if he gets a job as an NHL assistant or head coach obviously he'll leave providence but i don't think he will be fired by the bruins front office after this season.

The bet is Cassidy is not with Providence. Fired promoted bought out whatever but not in Providence

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

My take is Cassidy won't have a choice but he will be allowed to pursue another job and keep the 2 year extension.

If your up for it lifetime ban for loser - so exciting :handclap:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

:laugh: not looking to put you out to pasture, my friend.

interesting stuff, all of it. the one i really don't get is the morrow info you provided. i saw a pretty promising player up in boston, a guy who did well keeping it simple...and knowing his offensive game is pretty nasty, would be great to see him stick in the top 4 and grow his game. is clode not a fan??

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

If the organization agrees with the coach, move the player, get an asset, and let both parties move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad