Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Prospect Stats and Discussion Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Frans Tuohimaa has signed a contract with Leksand. The team was relegated from SHL in 14/15, will play in Allsvenskan next year.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Frans Tuohimaa has signed a contract with Leksand. The team that was relegated from SHL in 14/15, will play in Allsvenskan next year.

Good news, I'd say. I don't think there was going to be a spot for him over here.

The Oilers can retain his rights(with having him not count against the 50 contract limit) while he plays in a pretty solid league.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Players with Sept. 15 to Dec. 31 birthdays are only eligible for two drafts, so Roy would be a UFA if he went unsigned.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

edit: thanks glassbangers! Copy/Paste is way too difficult for me

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Dont know if this has been mentioned but Philip Larsen has Jonined fellow Dane Peter Regin in Jokerit. (KHL)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Dont know if this has been mentioned but Philip Larsen has Jonined fellow Dane Peter Regin in Jokerit. (KHL)

Didn't we still own his rights?

I noticed he had a decent year in the KHL and was wondering if they'd even try bring him back

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Didn't we still own his rights?

I noticed he had a decent year in the KHL and was wondering if they'd even try bring him back

He had a good year on a very Poor team. Had offers from several top KHL teams.

He mentioned in an article that he would like to go back to the NHL, but only after the Oilers do not have his Rights anymore.

Felt he never Got a good enough chance here.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He had a good year on a very Poor team. Had offers from several top KHL teams.

He mentioned in an article that he would like to go back to the NHL, but only after the Oilers do not have his Rights anymore.

Felt he never Got a good enough chance here.

Does it not change knowing that there is new men in charge?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That I do not know.

However, I Got the Feeling from the article that he was not a very big fan of the Way he Was treated.
I Think he felt a bit scapegoated.

I kinda remember things not going to well when he left, just thought maybe with new management and coaching he'd change his mind.

It's not a big loss by any means, but I'd be curious what he can really do with some real coaching

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
That I do not know.

However, I Got the Feeling from the article that he was not a very big fan of the Way he Was treated.
I Think he felt a bit scapegoated.

He's welcome to think that, but he did get opportunities to show his worth and did little with them.

The Oilers also put him on waivers at least twice, so every other team had a chance to grab him for nothing if they felt he was worth having.. As best I recall, he cleared both times.

He's a skilled player with excellent skating, but the NHL isn't for everyone.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I kinda remember things not going to well when he left, just thought maybe with new management and coaching he'd change his mind.

It's not a big loss by any means, but I'd be curious what he can really do with some real coaching

Oh for sure, but as Digger12 mentions, NHL is not for everybody, and I tend to agree!

Larsen is a skilled player with good skating capabilities, he excells on big ice, and I think he ends up staying in the KHL.

He's welcome to think that, but he did get opportunities to show his worth and did little with them.

The Oilers also put him on waivers at least twice, so every other team had a chance to grab him for nothing if they felt he was worth having.. As best I recall, he cleared both times.

He's a skilled player with excellent skating, but the NHL isn't for everyone.

I agree with what you write - I do think he was scapegoated in Dallas however.

He should stay in the KHL where he seems to fit well.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I thought Larsen was likely underappreciated as well... not as a defenseman... he was pretty poor at that :) ... but his skating and offensive ability and hands were decent. I think he could have been a decent winger if they switched him over.

Saying that he really didn't have the size to be a decent asset on the Oilers as they had a smallish group of wingers already, but I think his speed and offense could get him another look on an NHL team... but on the big European ice he probably is at his best and he'll likely stay over there for the rest of his career.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I thought Larsen was likely underappreciated as well... not as a defenseman... he was pretty poor at that :) ... but his skating and offensive ability and hands were decent. I think he could have been a decent winger if they switched him over.

Saying that he really didn't have the size to be a decent asset on the Oilers as they had a smallish group of wingers already, but I think his speed and offense could get him another look on an NHL team... but on the big European ice he probably is at his best and he'll likely stay over there for the rest of his career.

We did play him on the wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad