Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Spector guessing talbot or Jones to Edmonton . Gotta take late first from Edmonton if offered . That's pens pick

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
"Spector guesses that the Oilers would offer the Rangers their high second round pick and 23-year old defenseman Martin Marincin OR the Penguins first round pick and something “marginal.”

WOW Marincin + 2nd would be an amazing return.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
"Spector guesses that the Oilers would offer the Rangers their high second round pick and 23-year old defenseman Martin Marincin OR the Penguins first round pick and something “marginal.â€

WOW Marincin + 2nd would be an amazing return.

What would you prefer? Marincin is RFA this summer. Would Pittsburgh's 1st be a better deal than their 2nd + Marincin?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So, what if we through in McIlrath. Is that enough to change that high 2nd round pick into a low 1st rounder (Pittsburgh's pick)?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
So, what if we through in McIlrath. Is that enough to change that high 2nd round pick into a low 1st rounder (Pittsburgh's pick)?

According to the tweet, it is EDM 2nd + Marincin for Talbot or PIT 1st + 'something marginal' for Talbot. Maybe if KLowe is high on McIlrath, I could see it.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Maybe the Oilers blink and give the PIT 1st with Marincin. Someone would have to play the right side and someone would need to get flipped. Even without the Oilers overpaying either deal would be good value.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I take the Pens #1...especially if the Rangers knock them out in the 1st round. That pick could be in the mid-teens. Marcinin's a LHD...not exactly a weakness on this team.

I think Marincin is far more valuable to this team at this time. Basically less than 1m most likely on a young, NHL defender with very nice tools. The EDM 2nd should net a decent prospect regardless.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I think Marincin is far more valuable to this team at this time. Basically less than 1m most likely on a young, NHL defender with very nice tools. The EDM 2nd should net a decent prospect regardless.

I disagree...this team needs prospects a little further away in development. It's an overall young squad. You need higher end prospects behind the likes of Skjei and Buch. That's where the trading of picks has hurt the Rangers.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I disagree...this team needs prospects a little further away in development. It's an overall young squad. You need higher end prospects behind the likes of Skjei and Buch. That's where the trading of picks has hurt the Rangers.

I feel the window can be extended a bit if Marincin develops. We can then comfortably move Klein/Boyle without missing a beat.

ConvergedD

Apr 1, 2015
... Good call. Highly skilled winger that captained the Russian WJC team.

Will also take a look at Bogdan Yakimov. Huge 2-way center with a decent 1st NA season.

He can skate like the wind. Blazing speed at 6'2 and pretty good hands fits this team's make up

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
We need to put McDonagh on the right side eventually cuz we have to many LHD and he can play the right. I like staal and McDonagh as a top pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad