2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Anyone else reading these Vermette + for Lucic speculation?

Where? What else could Boston want? I don't want to give up the 1st. Vermette+2nd could be two thirds of a package, but that third piece would almost certainly have to have more value than either Vermette or the 2nd, right?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Link? Friedman talked about them separately. I've never seen the two linked.

It's all over Twitter but while looking for a source I came to a conclusion that it was fans connecting dots which may or may not be connected.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Where? What else could Boston want? I don't want to give up the 1st. Vermette+2nd could be two thirds of a package, but that third piece would almost certainly have to have more value than either Vermette or the 2nd, right?

Yandle for Lucic makes more sense. I think we would ask for +

Both Vermette and Yandle for Lucic, one of Morrow or Bartowski, and a 1st?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Lessio called up today. Showcasing?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Friedman mentioned that the Bruins want Vermette. He then mentioned that one team asked about Lucic's availability. I think the Twitterverse is connecting the dots and assuming Maloney is the GM asking about Lucic.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

I would not do Yandle for Lucic.

Yandle for Lucic, Krug and a 1st, maybe. Lucic scares me. He could be completely ineffective in 2-3 years. If we can pull off Vermette for Lucic than I am all for it. I wouldn't want to add a 2nd, but would add a third.

rt

May 13, 2004
I would not do Yandle for Lucic.

Yandle for Lucic, Krug and a 1st, maybe. Lucic scares me. He could be completely ineffective in 2-3 years. If we can pull off Vermette for Lucic than I am all for it. I wouldn't want to add a 2nd, but would add a third.

The amount Lucic has taken his foot off the gas pedal already at age 26 is alarming. It's hard to tell what's going on there. He's a huge gamble at this point. If you trade for him, it'll cost a ton in terms of assets. If you give up a ton of assets, you better not lose him as a UFA, so you'd better give him a big, fat, long-term extension. What if you do that and he continues to decline? It's scary.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Some people were having fun with (making up?) Vermette for Lucic on Twitter., eg: good looking for ugly guy trade.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
The amount Lucic has taken his foot off the gas pedal already at age 26 is alarming. It's hard to tell what's going on there. He's a huge gamble at this point. If you trade for him, it'll cost a ton in terms of assets. If you give up a ton of assets, you better not lose him as a UFA, so you'd better give him a big, fat, long-term extension. What if you do that and he continues to decline? It's scary.

Exactly. But then there is the flip side where we could get Lucic for cheap. I'm a little intrigued but also worried.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Exactly. But then there is the flip side where we could get Lucic for cheap. I'm a little intrigued but also worried.
$6M a year (with another year left) for a guy who is looking more like the next Dustin Penner and less like the next Cam Neely, isn't so cheap. Not surprising if Boston with their cap issues might be looking to dump that salary.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Milan Lucic would help with a sea change in team attitude here, I think.

But that's where the pluses end for me. He's a power forward who has used up basically everything in his gas tank at 26 and his cap hit is pretty significant. We already have one power forward who is on the downhill slide but at least he has the excuse of age.

rt

May 13, 2004

I just don't think he's at a point yet where he'd be cheap to acquire or to re-sign. If he was a UFA this summer, I suspect some team would give him 7yrs, 8mil per year. I sure wouldn't but some team would. He's only been backsliding for a short while, and teams will over look it. I just don't know if this team can afford to also overlook it.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think it's equally likely that everyone is jumping the gun on this whole "Lucic is washed up" thing. Maybe he's got some nagging issue, has a quick surgery this summer, and comes back as dominant as ever. Who knows?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think it's equally likely that everyone is jumping the gun on this whole "Lucic is washed up" thing. Maybe he's got some nagging issue, has a quick surgery this summer, and comes back as dominant as ever. Who knows?

Talk on the Bruins board is that Lucic has grown a little complacent under Julien. Sounds like the classic 'needs a change of scenery' trade.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

True. But is it a gamble we can afford to give up significant assets for?

Looch is a terrifying, gamebreaking presence when he's firing on all cylinders. But he hasn't been even firing at 50% for quite a while now. I don't think he's a washed up Penner redux, but the way his play has plummeted is downright scary.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Swap out Morrow/Bart with McQ and I'd probably do it. I'd imagine we have a fair shot at re-signing McQuaid too, as long as he's not looking for insane money. $3M or less works.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Swap out Morrow/Bart with McQ and I'd probably do it.

You'd take the UFA to be over the RFA talent? The hell?

Any permutation of a Yandle for Lucic trade makes the team worse and addresses none of the problems the Coyotes have. Not a great way to cash in your largest trade chip.

R. Smith, Pastrnak, Boston's 1st is more like it.

Any salary coming back in a Yandle trade that isn't a dump means it's probably a 1 for 1 situation, and that was never the point of trading Yandle in the first place.

rt

May 13, 2004
True. But is it a gamble we can afford to give up significant assets for?

Looch is a terrifying, gamebreaking presence when he's firing on all cylinders. But he hasn't been even firing at 50% for quite a while now. I don't think he's a washed up Penner redux, but the way his play has plummeted is downright scary.

Agreed. Like all things, depends on the price.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Why get Lucic? If we can afford Lucic we can afford Vermette.

It's not about being able to afford Vermette. It's whether or not he should be signed to the price and term he is looking for, regardless of budget. The answer at his current asking price should be a resounding no, even if this team has found new money to throw around.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
It's not about being able to afford Vermette. It's whether or not he should be signed to the price and term he is looking for, regardless of budget. The answer at his current asking price should be a resounding no, even if this team has found new money to throw around.

So you think Vermette is asking for 7 or 8 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad