2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You'd take the UFA to be over the RFA talent? The hell?

Any permutation of a Yandle for Lucic trade makes the team worse and addresses none of the problems the Coyotes have. Not a great way to cash in your largest trade chip.

R. Smith, Pastrnak, Boston's 1st is more like it.

Any salary coming back in a Yandle trade that isn't a dump means it's probably a 1 for 1 situation, and that was never the point of trading Yandle in the first place.

I'm with you on this one. I don't want Lucic, he is just too much of a gamble.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The sticking point seems to be a pretty widely reported $6 million a year. He's worth that on a 2-3 year deal, but he has no reason to sign off on that unless he loves AZ. If he was amenable to that, it'd be done already. Maybe he has a change of heart tomorrow and signs? Who knows?

This organization just has no business signing a 33 year old guy to a lengthy contract, center need or not. That's a move the mediocrity seeking Coyotes of old would make in a desperate attempt to squeak into the playoffs.

Don bought out Ribiero and let Vrbata walk over BS, so to put his foot down and sign Vermette at a high price would be stupid. This year and likely next are growth years for the team. Let someone else sign him to a five year deal and get on with life.

Exactly. I'm happy that DM bought out Ribeiro, and as far as Vrbata goes, he went for the money and to a team that is in a win now mode, so age wasn't as much a concern.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If we trade Yandle I don't want a gamble coming back. I want a star player similar in value and with a proven track record equal to what we are giving up. If that can't be done, I would rather keep Yandle and sign him long term. He is young enough to go forward with even in a rebuild.

If we trade Yandle I think it will be for two or three players, I don't think they will be star players but maybe well on their way. A Yandle one for one, does not help us, in my opinion.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The sticking point seems to be a pretty widely reported $6 million a year. He's worth that on a 2-3 year deal, but he has no reason to sign off on that unless he loves AZ. If he was amenable to that, it'd be done already. Maybe he has a change of heart tomorrow and signs? Who knows?

This organization just has no business signing a 33 year old guy to a lengthy contract, center need or not. That's a move the mediocrity seeking Coyotes of old would make in a desperate attempt to squeak into the playoffs.

Don bought out Ribiero and let Vrbata walk over BS, so to put his foot down and sign Vermette at a high price would be stupid. This year and likely next are growth years for the team. Let someone else sign him to a five year deal and get on with life.

If I was betting man, I would bet on Vermette being traded before the TDL. One of the things we don't know at the moment, is Barroways view of the budget. Lets say the 10 mill (estimate) in savings goes into player payroll and they add another 5 mill a year on top of that. Now with a bigger budget, what does DM do? Maybe he signs Vermette for 5.5 mil for 4 years. The signing would not affect our ability to sign other players if we have an increased budget. Vermette is so good in all areas that I think he is worth 5.5 maybe 6 mill for 4 years. If it gets to 5 years 6.5+, I don't think that works. We might be able to trade him and then sign him in the summer.

We just don't know the budget or with a bigger budget, do you keep Vermette. They will sign Yandle to an extension for sure, that will be the most important signing and more important than Vermette.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
+1. hf fans who want Vermette to play wing for them are just vaguely remembering a fast Ottawa Senator who they haven't seriously watched in 8 years.

Hell, reading the Bruins board, there's some who obviously know nothing about Vermette. Some have called him a defensive center, and slow.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
If we trade Yandle I think it will be for two or three players, I don't think they will be star players but maybe well on their way. A Yandle one for one, does not help us, in my opinion.
Probably true, because a team adding Yandle is a contender but contenders don't subtract big scoring forwards. This is why someone like Detroit with NHL-ready prospects coming out their ears is such a strong contender. I see a Seguin-to-DAL type deal here ... we get an NHL vet and a couple of badass prospects back. But hopefully it's better prospects than Boston got for Seguin haha.

Hell, reading the Bruins board, there's some who obviously know nothing about Vermette. Some have called him a defensive center, and slow.
That trade thread is a riot.

I'm sure they think we're just as bad here, but what a mess of inaccurate assessments + hyper-confidence.

I ****ng love this move: "the ONLY way Player X goes away is if Player Y comes back." Really? That's the only way?

Fan A loves OEL and makes a half-hearted explanation as to why he's good.
Fan B frets that "the only way Boston gets OEL is if Arizona gets Bergeron." Really? Why the **** would we want Bergeron?

Ahh, internet ... never change.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Fan A loves OEL and makes a half-hearted explanation as to why he's good.
Fan B frets that "the only way Boston gets OEL is if Arizona gets Bergeron." Really? Why the **** would we want Bergeron?

I agree that an OEL for Bergeron trade doesn't make sense for us, but we could definitely use a Bergeron on this team.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If I was betting man, I would bet on Vermette being traded before the TDL. One of the things we don't know at the moment, is Barroways view of the budget. Lets say the 10 mill (estimate) in savings goes into player payroll and they add another 5 mill a year on top of that. Now with a bigger budget, what does DM do? Maybe he signs Vermette for 5.5 mil for 4 years. The signing would not affect our ability to sign other players if we have an increased budget. Vermette is so good in all areas that I think he is worth 5.5 maybe 6 mill for 4 years. If it gets to 5 years 6.5+, I don't think that works. We might be able to trade him and then sign him in the summer.

We just don't know the budget or with a bigger budget, do you keep Vermette. They will sign Yandle to an extension for sure, that will be the most important signing and more important than Vermette.

Every single player on this team should be available. We are crap, we have to rebuild, and if some team offered me what I want for Yandle, it would be see ya later. Yandle was our best player last year when Doan went down, so I really don't want him traded, but the return would be huge.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Every single player on this team should be available. We are crap, we have to rebuild, and if some team offered me what I want for Yandle, it would be see ya later. Yandle was our best player last year when Doan went down, so I really don't want him traded, but the return would be huge.

Of course every player is available. Realistically, you keep guys that are hard to replace and still young. That means Yandle, OEL and Hanzal are staying. It would take an offer we can't refuse to trade any of them. That type of offer happens in the off season, again unlikely.

Everyone else can and should be traded if it makes sense and if it is not a lateral move. I could see DM trading Z/Erat/Vermette at the TDL, but doing nothing else. This summer, he could extend Yandle, sign Duby, and pick up a UFA RHD and/or top 6 forward. Maybe he doesn't make any significant trades. We keep Gormley/Murphy/Stone/Bods/Reider/Vitale/Gagner. Everyone else, who cares, let them walk trade them or wave them, keep a few, doesn't matter. Integrate Domi and a few others, and hopefully a top 5 pick.

It depends on the budget to a degree. Guys like Barroway want to win and are willing to spend money to win. My guess is that the budget will be going up, so that will help us.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Chiarelli has shot down the Lucic rumors. That's not happening. It definitely seems that there is interest in Vermette though.

Some names I've seen floating around Twitter include Spooner and Eriksson. Neither of those players interest me.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Chiarelli has shot down the Lucic rumors. That's not happening. It definitely seems that there is interest in Vermette though.

Some names I've seen floating around Twitter include Spooner and Eriksson. Neither of those players interest me.

I'd be okay-ish w/ Eriksson, but at this point he's barely an upgrade on Erat.

Not interested in Spooner at all.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Hard to see a good match for a straight Vermette for a Bruins player/prospect trade.

If anything happen, I think it will be around a high draft pick (or picks - they have a few second rounders after the Boychuk trade).

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Hard to see a good match for a straight Vermette for a Bruins player/prospect trade.

If anything happen, I think it will be around a high draft pick (or picks - they have a few second rounders after the Boychuk trade).

Even with retention, we will need to be taking salary back for the Bs to afford Vermette.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Yeah just give a 1st and a 2nd hahaha. But Bruins would be my least favorite of the potential Vermette suitors.

Maybe they would like Erat?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Bruins first is currently a lottery pick, so I doubt it gets moved. I'd take both their 2nd round picks (Philly is the other one) and call it a day. Get some much needed depth. Maybe have Spooner thrown in, as he is their version of Miele. A player Julien doesn't really like. Take him for a test drive at center.

Coyotes don't have a 4th or 6th rounder. Really hope guys like Erat and Michalek can be moved for some picks.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Bruins first is currently a lottery pick, so I doubt it gets moved. I'd take both their 2nd round picks (Philly is the other one) and call it a day. Get some much needed depth. Maybe have Spooner thrown in, as he is their version of Miele. A player Julien doesn't really like. Take him for a test drive at center.

Coyotes don't have a 4th or 6th rounder. Really hope guys like Erat and Michalek can be moved for some picks.

Didn't realize BOS had Philly's 2nd. I'd take a mid 2nd and a late 2nd for Vermette.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Hmm, there's some heated speculation going on regarding Doan on Twitter coming from @SportsHubAZ. A few tweets:

This really sounds too outrageous to be true (not the trade request, but the dramatic fracas between Doaner and Maloney/management)

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
That dude is full of it. The other morning he claimed to run into Tipp at a Scottsdale superstore. At that very moment though, Tipp was running a practice in Glendale.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
That dude is full of it. The other morning he claimed to run into Tipp at a Scottsdale superstore. At that very moment though, Tipp was running a practice in Glendale.

Considering the reaction I'm seeing to the guy's tweets, I'm very inclined to agree.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
We are talking about the guy who re-signed with no guarantee where this team will play right?

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad