2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-who-will-coach-maple-leafs-next/

Nick Kypreos was the first to note increased chatter Sunday night that Boston was closing in on a deal with Arizona for Antoine Vermette. At the World Junior semifinals, execs from a few different NHL teams said they heard something similar. Via email, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli put the kibosh on that one.

From Friedman, though it's unclear if he means the kibosh is on the deal being close or if Chia is denying that he has interest in Vermette all together.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If Peter Chiarelli put into an email, "Why yes, we are absolutely trying to acquire Antoine Vermette", that would make him A) the World's Worst Negotiator and B) Clearly guilty of tampering

Haha, fair enough. Hopefully Vermette gets moved quickly so we can really tank this thing, though I'm not totally enamored with what Boston has to offer. Hopefully the Hawks or Ducks step up with an offer.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Making a trade with Boston scares the hell out of me for 2 reasons:

1. Chiarelli is one hell of a GM, rarely makes a bad trade. So we probably can't expect any Maloney magic.

2. No matter how poorly Boston is performing right now, they're too good of a team to NOT make a decent playoff run. The addition of Vermette will only make them better. So even if we are able to pry a first from Chiarelli's hands, it will most likely be a late one. Still...a first is a good return for Vermette, but like I said, may not even happen that way.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
2 people know the "back story" and refuse to share? Is that a joke?

That sounds completely out of character for everything we know about both Doan and Maloney.

RABBIT

I don't think anybody knows the back story (unless somebody has had connections to a source this entire time and has refused to say anything) or they would've said more than just "it's untrue."

We all know it's untrue, so we all know the back story.

RABBIT

Made some Domi avatars for ***** and giggs if anybody wants them
5aq003.jpg

r1jy8x.jpg

Burakovsky95*

If Yandle is traded, will this be a case where the team involved has already put the offer of an extension on the table? I can't see it happening any other way. We wouldn't get the value on a one year rental, so we'd have to know that his price is too high to re-sign...

I still think that if Washington trades Mike Green away, we work with Washington on a deal involving John Carlson and MoJo for Yandle.

Yandle/Korpi

for

Carlson/MoJo/Brouwer??

John Carlson is already a better defenseman than Keith Yandle... Why would Washington do that

KG

Sep 23, 2010
This year? Yeah, Carlson probably is. Embarrassingly bad trade proposal but that's par for the course...

How many one hit-wonders have you seen? at least we know Yandle is consistent

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How many one hit-wonders have you seen? at least we know Yandle is consistent

Carlson is much better in his own zone and is trending upward offensively. He's simply the far more valuable player. His stats this year are what he looks like as someone that's properly coached and following a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad