IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
?? - ?? - Boedker
?? - Johansson - ??
Reider - Hanzal - Gagner
McMillan - Vitale - ??

Since Doan is retiring as a Coyote, Moneypucking out the rest of the roster next season after the Vermette for Johansson swap:

Resign Boedker to 4 year, 4M/year deal
Resign Johansson to a 4 year, 4.25M/year deal
Resign Gormley to a 3 year, 1M AAV deal (0.8,1.0,1.2)
Resign Dubnyk to a 1 year, 1.25M deal

Sign Matt Beleskey to a 3 year, 2.75M/year deal
Sign Mark Letestu to a 2 year, 2.5M/year deal
Sign Johnny Boychuk to a 4 year, 5.5M/year deal

And of course, we win a McEichel. :D

Domi - McEichel - Boedker (Primary scoring line)
Doan - Johansson - Gagner (Secondary scoring line)
Reider - Hanzal - Letestu (Secondary scoring/shutdown line)
McMillan - Vitale - Beleskey (Energy/shutdown line)
Szwarz

OEL - Boychuk
Yandle - Stone
Gormley - Murphy
Summers

Smith
Dubnyk

Beleskey - 2.75
Boedker - 4
Doan - 4.55
Domi - 0.894
Gagner - 3.33
Hanzal - 3.5
Johansson - 4.25
Letestu - 2.5
McEichel- 0.925
McMillan - 0.75
Rieder - 0.925
Szwarz - 0.635
Vitale - 1.1

Boychuk - 5.5
Gormley - 0.8
Murphy - 0.832
OEL - 6
Summers - 0.625
Stone - 1.45
Yandle - 5.75

Smith - 6.5
Dubnyk - 1.25

Ribeiro Buyout -1.944

Total - 60.76M

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I very much doubt Johnny Boychuk signs here for that.

I think we'll wind up with McQuaid or someone of that caliber, barring a trade.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I very much doubt Johnny Boychuk signs here for that.

I think we'll wind up with McQuaid or someone of that caliber, barring a trade.

I very much doubt Boychuk will get 6M+/year. 5-5.75M seems to be a "reasonable" range. McQuaid is fine too, but as a bottom pairing guy who can drop the gloves.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I very much doubt Boychuk will get 6M+/year. 5-5.75M seems to be a "reasonable" range. McQuaid is fine too, but as a bottom pairing guy who can drop the gloves.

I agree that the price is right, just that the team is wrong. I would love to sign him, I just don't think we can convince him that we're the right fit.

The problem with signing a guy like McQuaid is whether or not Stone & Murphy are ready for top 4 duty on the right side. I'd love to buy them another year of development, but it's pretty clear that Z is fading fast from all the blocked shots and tough play over the years. I don't know if we can find a guy to fill in for a year in the top 4, so we might have to force the issue with our young D. Not the best of strategies, but possibly the only one we can afford this off season.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Domi - McEichel - Boedker (Primary scoring line)
Doan - Johansson - Gagner (Secondary scoring line)
Reider - Hanzal - Letestu (Secondary scoring/shutdown line)
McMillan - Vitale - Beleskey (Energy/shutdown line)
Szwarz

OEL - Boychuk
Yandle - Stone
Gormley - Murphy
Summers

Smith
Dubnyk

Not bad, just worried our 1st line is a little young. Can we expect 20 goals each from Domi and McEichel?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So Doan wants to stay, huh? He's earned the right to have what he wants. It seems like he'd want to go win a cup. I guess staying at home is more important. I can understand that, too. Alright, so Doan is off the table. It's just Vermette and Michalek, I suppose.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
So Doan wants to stay, huh? He's earned the right to have what he wants. It seems like he'd want to go win a cup. I guess staying at home is more important. I can understand that, too. Alright, so Doan is off the table. It's just Vermette and Michalek, I suppose.

Family man through and through I guess, I respect that no doubt. He did almost retire when his daughter was attacked my a dog.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Not bad, just worried our 1st line is a little young. Can we expect 20 goals each from Domi and McEichel?

Scoring 20 goals as a rookie is incredibly rare. Scoring 20 goals as a Coyote draftee in a Yotes uniform is practically unheard of. They're all three really exciting prospects, but thrusting them into difficult ice time so quickly like that will require a patient, teaching coach.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Scoring 20 goals as a rookie is incredibly rare. Scoring 20 goals as a Coyote draftee in a Yotes uniform is practically unheard of. They're all three really exciting prospects, but thrusting them into difficult ice time so quickly like that will require a patient, teaching coach.

Mueller was the last I think, right?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I agree that the price is right, just that the team is wrong. I would love to sign him, I just don't think we can convince him that we're the right fit.

The problem with signing a guy like McQuaid is whether or not Stone & Murphy are ready for top 4 duty on the right side. I'd love to buy them another year of development, but it's pretty clear that Z is fading fast from all the blocked shots and tough play over the years. I don't know if we can find a guy to fill in for a year in the top 4, so we might have to force the issue with our young D. Not the best of strategies, but possibly the only one we can afford this off season.

I agree it's a reach that we'd actually be a major player in the Boychuk bidding war. But he is pretty much the Adrian Aucoin our blueline really needs. After him the RHD dropoff in the upcoming UFA class is quite big. I know XX is a booster of Franson but although I'm not opposed to him I also am wary of his defensive play overall, even if he is having a nice rebound season so far.

Trades of course are a different story, but the only guy who checks off most of our boxes (mobile, veteran physical shutdown RHD) and may actually be available is Polak.

I think Stone has made another solid step forward in his progression this season. Still would like him to be more consistent physically, but his decision making and poise had been greatly improved. Very solid middle pairing defender now at the least. Murphy has been more up and down, and his conditioning still probably isn't where it needs to be.

rt

May 13, 2004
The sit on your hands, do nothing and pray for a lotto win roster for next season.

Doan-McDavid-Boeds
Rieder-Hanzal-Gagner
Domi-Vermette-HankS
McMillan-Vitale-Szwarz
Chipchura

Yandle-Stone
OEL-Murphy
Gormley-Z
PhilS

Smith
Dubs

Take two million from Z and give it to Vermette. Use whatever expanded budget we get and use it for Boedker's raise.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Crosby put up 39 goals (102 points) his rookie season and he didn't have PMDs of the caliber of an OEL/Yandle either. Stamkos/Tavares/MacK all put up at least 23 goals in their rookie years. I don't think either McDavid or Eichel will have any issues producing somewhere between those two end points in their rookie campaigns, Coyotes system or not.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Crosby put up 39 goals (102 points) his rookie season and he didn't have PMDs of the caliber of an OEL/Yandle either. Stamkos/Tavares/MacK all put up at least 23 goals in their rookie years. I don't think either McDavid or Eichel will have any issues producing somewhere between those two end points in their rookie campaigns, Coyotes system or not.

I agree and I think all of those guys are the kind of talents that we've so desperately needed here. The other side of that is the Tippett defensive game and treatment of rookies. Can they score between 23 and 39 goals without being defensive liabilities to the point Tippett reduces ice time, etc?

I think they probably have the talent and I think Tippett can become that type of coach, but it's hard to say.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
The sit on your hands, do nothing and pray for a lotto win roster for next season.

Doan-McDavid-Boeds
Rieder-Hanzal-Gagner
Domi-Vermette-HankS
McMillan-Vitale-Szwarz
Chipchura

Yandle-Stone
OEL-Murphy
Gormley-Z
PhilS

Smith
Dubs

Take two million from Z and give it to Vermette. Use whatever expanded budget we get and use it for Boedker's raise.

I feel Doan would be way to slow for that line, McDavid is an explosive skater and Boeds is no slouch himself. On the other hand we don't really have enough RH shot to pair with them.

rt

May 13, 2004
I feel Doan would be way to slow for that line, McDavid is an explosive skater and Boeds is no slouch himself. On the other hand we don't really have enough RH shot to pair with them.

Rieder-McDavid-Boed
Doan-Vermette-Gags
Domi-Hanzal-Hank.S.
McMillan-Vitale-Szwarz
Chipchura

Yandle-Stone
OEL-Murphy
Gormley-Z
Phil.S.

Smith
Dubs

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Doan is still not looking that out of place with Vermette and Boedker, but I agree, I don't think he should be on a McDavid line. I think we can live without a RH shot on that line.

(Does anyone remember who were Crosby's wingers back in 2005-2006? I want to say one of them was Ryan Malone...)

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Rieder-McDavid-Boed
Doan-Vermette-Gags
Domi-Hanzal-Hank.S.
McMillan-Vitale-Szwarz
Chipchura

Yandle-Stone
OEL-Murphy
Gormley-Z
Phil.S.

Smith
Dubs

I dig that, though its hard not to dig any roster with McDavid. Fourth line is rather small, but Vitale and McMillan play larger than they are. I'm not sold on Szwarz, but eh, it doesn't matter.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If we’re fortunate enough to land McEichel, having Doan around for that reminds me of when Lemieux passed the torch to Crosby. I think Doan can hang around for a few years yet, in a reduced role. I could see him taking a series of 1-year deals if his body holds up, like Selanne did with the Ducks.

I actually wouldn’t mind a year of Doan on a McEichel line, assuming he can keep up, just to stick up for the kid. Doan/McDavid/Boedker could be an interesting line.

If we move out Yandle (starting to feel this will happen), I wouldn’t mind signing another big defenseman for that left side. Maybe Methot. So you have OEL, Boychuk, Gormley, Stone, Methot, Murphy as your 6.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Rieder-McDavid-Boed
Doan-Vermette-Gags
Domi-Hanzal-Hank.S.
McMillan-Vitale-Szwarz
Chipchura

Yandle-Stone
OEL-Murphy
Gormley-Z
Phil.S.

Smith
Dubs

We need to see if Samuelson can hang this season before throwing him in next year, but otherwise it doesn't look bad. Pretty crazy what one superstar can do to a roster. Add one top 9 UFA and maybe replace Z and you have to believe this could make the playoffs.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

As far as I'm concerned, every player should be made available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00