2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I'm more curious what the asking price on Vermetee is. Are we more interested in picks or B+ level prospects?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm more curious what the asking price on Vermetee is. Are we more interested in picks or B+ level prospects?

I think if we can grab a late first we would do it. Otherwise we are looking at a prospect, potentially a contract, and a 2nd or 3rd with the pick dependent on quality of prospect/young player.

Just to spit ball. With Pitsburgh the oft-injured Beau Bennett's name jumped out to me as a non-premium asset (1st rounder or Kapanen) that would likely be our initial ask. Pouliot is another guy IF AZ is truly going to move Yandle for help up front.

With Boston. 1 year of Chris Kelly and a first? That seems like something we would do. I think Tippett/Maloney would love Erikson as well but we will need short term C's.

I think first choice is to re-sign. I pegged it at $5.5M so not surprised if ask is 6. Nobody is available and he is elite on faceoffs. Tough call but we need someone to pass Domi the puck next year and Gagner hasn't shown us enough yet.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This might be a stupid question but do we have any real indication that this broke assed, strict budget money losing team is willing to retain much salary even if it makes sense to do so to get a better return?

We've already paid 1/3 on these guys. 50% on the remaining 2/3rds isn't a huge deal. It still puts us under the budgeted amount for the year end cost of roster. Maloney has to stay under budget. He can do that during a fire sale, even if he retains on expiring contracts and takes back expiring dumps. Hell, it's probably the only way we can do a true fire sale without dipping below the cap floor.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If we dealt Vermette(50%) and Michalek (50%) for Rozsival(dump) and Hartman.

In terms of cap hit At the 41g mark that'd mean AZ has paid 1.875 on Vermette and 2.000 on Z. With 50% retention on both, CHi gets the pair for 1.9375 in hit. Meanwhile, hawks dump the remaining 1.100(hit) of Rozy on us, meaning CHI has only got to eat 837,500 in cap. Rozy's salary, though, isn't 2.2. It's 1.75. If you split the paid difference with the acquired amount, it's 225kay off that 837,500 number. Meaning it would cost us 612,500 to swing the deal. That's basically what we saved in dealing Klinkhammer for Samuelsson.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
If we dealt Vermette(50%) and Michalek (50%) for Rozsival(dump) and Hartman.

In terms of cap hit At the 41g mark that'd mean AZ has paid 1.875 on Vermette and 2.000 on Z. With 50% retention on both, CHi gets the pair for 1.9375 in hit. Meanwhile, hawks dump the remaining 1.100(hit) of Rozy on us, meaning CHI has only got to eat 837,500 in cap. Rozy's salary, though, isn't 2.2. It's 1.75. If you split the paid difference with the acquired amount, it's 225kay off that 837,500 number. Meaning it would cost us 612,500 to swing the deal. That's basically what we saved in dealing Klinkhammer for Samuelsson.
I feel like in an effort to be realistic, which is honestly refreshing, you're aiming a bit low. Instead of Hartman, if I'm DM I demand Teravainen, the Hawks are a powerhouse team but landing Vermette would increase their cup odds greatly IMO, they should have to at least feel a little pain for the gain. Now you probably think I'm aiming too high but recently Erat fetched Forsberg so it happens and this team needs one of those kind of trades badly!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Erat for Forsberg was god awful at the time, and it got McPhee fired from one of the cushiest jobs in the league. The odds of replicating that trade are pretty low. Chicago will also be in cap hell next year, so they probably value cheap RFA talent pretty high right now.

That being said, Teravainen hasn't exactly lit up the AHL. I just think it's far more likely teams trade a late 1st rounder than their top prospect, even in a deep draft.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
This might have been posted earlier, but Garrioch has us looking to make a move:
http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/12/13/time-for-nhl-gms-to-get-busy

Those GMs who want to be the most active at this juncture are the Sabres, Coyotes, Hurricanes and Flyers, but those GMs are hitting roadblocks when it comes to finding a dance partner.

Lots of teams are calling Arizona (don't call me Phoenix) GM Don Maloney to see where he's at on the trade front. Whispers suggest the Coyotes are looking to cut payroll which means GMs are looking to see if they can get their hands on the club's better players. There is interest in captain Shane Doan, centre Antoine Vermette, winger Mikkel Boedker along defencemen Keith Yandle and Zbynek Michalek. No, Doan isn't going anywhere because he's a legacy player, but you'd have to think the Coyotes would be willing to listen on the rest of those guys.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Anyone else want to see Murphy in the A?

I think he needs a confidence boost and sitting isn't going to help that. Let him go rough some boys up, be the best player on a team, become a leader and bring him up once we trade Z.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I think he needs a confidence boost and sitting isn't going to help that. Let him go rough some boys up, be the best player on a team, become a leader and bring him up once we trade Z.

I'd be on board with this... except I'd kinda like to see how bad Stone's injury is first.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Been in support of that for a while now, but obviously our RHD depth is ****.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
When did Murphy sit? Isn't he hurt?

Well hell maybe I have it wrong then. Yeah if he is injured just ignore my comment above because I do feel the NHL experience will be better for him in the long run. But if he is being sat because of Tippett thinking Summers/Schlemko are better right now he should be in the A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad