2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I feel like a roster player and a good young prospect is a pretty steep price.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah, he has the body build of his old man. I don't think anyone ever called Tie Domi a little guy...

Max is much less broad than Tie. Max is stocky, no doubt. Especially in the trunk and bubble area. A bit like Boedker or Crosby. But his shoulders and chest area aren't like Tie Domi. He's not going to have that kind of strength. He will never be big. Even though he's short, he's not small. I think what you get is an averaged sized NHL player with below average reach and above average strength.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I love the patented Regier move... sell early with a roster player coming back, then sell the roster player at the deadline.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
hellride.gif
...also...
11491-14967.gif

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Dreger: "The Coyotes have been telling the teams that are interested in Vermette, and there are many, that they need a good young prospect and a roster player in return."
Now that's what I like to hear, DM has a great opportunity here, I really hope he takes full advantage of it. I'm not too surprised there's such demand for Vermette, he is such a great all around center.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I feel like a roster player and a good young prospect is a pretty steep price.
I really depends on who the roster player and prospect is, I mean Chipchura is a roster player and Martinook is a prospect. I think I would rage quit hockey if DM made a trade like that.

I think Vermette should command a steep price. He's a center that is good enough to handle spot duty on a top line, is perfect on the second line and would be downright deadly centering a third line. He's also quick, plays a very good 2 way game, great at faceoffs and even kills penalties. He is our quintessential all around player. Not only that but he plays the kind of game that translates well in the playoffs. Contenders that are smart go after players like Vermette, not players whose game often wilts in playoffs (e.g. Vanek).

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
If we sell Vermette in January we are going to start losing more games. I think it will be hard for the Canes to catch us at that point because they have two Staals who I dont see going anywhere and a Skinner to keep racking points for them. So as long as someone else doesn't win the lottery besides us McEichel looks like a real possibility.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
If we sell Vermette in January we are going to start losing more games. I think it will be hard for the Canes to catch us at that point because they have two Staals who I dont see going anywhere and a Skinner to keep racking points for them. So as long as someone else doesn't win the lottery besides us McEichel looks like a real possibility.

I agree. Canes have been racked by injures and a MIA Semin, but they actually haven't been too terrible out there. I don't expect them to make the playoffs, but they should be able to rebound once they get healthier. We've been sucking w/o any major injuries.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
That move screams of Paul Maurice. He had Harrison in both Toronto and Carolina. The Jets had a specific player in mind here, not just any defenseman.

You're probably right, but the Jets were clearly shopping for D and they could have surely been persuaded on Schlemko, who is a pending UFA, cheaper, and could have been acquired for a lower pick or contract. Taking back a two way contract like Galiardi would have been a good savings and a way to keep Portland rolling as we continue to make moves and callups.

I think what I'm a little uncomfortable with is that as long as they continue to keep Schlemko, they'll continue to use him. I'd rather use Gormley, Summers, and Samuelsson - starting today. I like Schlemko. I liked Klesla. We waited too long to move on from both. Gormley and Summers are not as polished and greater unknown factors to us today as a result.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'm actually pretty nervous that they team will take some positives away from that Edmonton game and start putting a few wins together. I'm glad that there was a long layoff and a weird matinee against a tough team tomorrow. Hopefully it's enough tot jinx the juju.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm actually pretty nervous that they team will take some positives away from that Edmonton game and start putting a few wins together. I'm glad that there was a long layoff and a weird matinee against a tough team tomorrow. Hopefully it's enough tot jinx the juju.

We are going to go on a bit of a run at some point.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Once they start winning Regier will hit the eject button and Vermette will go flying off to a team and we will start losing again. He knows how to make a team bad while getting overpayments in the process.

rt

May 13, 2004
Once they start winning Regier will hit the eject button and Vermette will go flying off to a team and we will start losing again. He knows how to make a team bad while getting overpayments in the process.

I sure hope so. Let's move Michalek, too. Call up Campbell and Hodgman. Try to move Korpikoski and Erat a little later on. Call up Lessio and Szwarz.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I sure hope so. Let's move Michalek, too. Call up Campbell and Hodgman. Try to move Korpikoski and Erat a little later on. Call up Lessio and Szwarz.

UH, you do realize Portland's needs to be as competitive as Arizona is.... that's why ARI has called up players, Lessio just came back off an injury, and Szwarz isn't active right now, as he has been on IR for months if not done for the season, that's why meritorius-based callups are employed at times, which is why Campbell was tried as was Martinook, Shinnimin, etc..... same with the goalies....

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Hey guys, fantasy related question.

Is Smith still the starter or has Dubnyk taken over? Who do you think will start more games next week?

Thanks

The Grocery Stick

AZDomiNation
Oct 30, 2014
ID
Hey guys, fantasy related question.

Is Smith still the starter or has Dubnyk taken over? Who do you think will start more games next week?

Thanks
Anybody's guess. If the decision is based on strength of current performance, and a desire to be competitive, Dubnyk. If the decision is based on positioning for a high draft pick, Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad